• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dominique Statue Unveiled.

Omg I love it......now I need to get a pic next to it..#bucketlist

That's awesome. Thanks for posting both pictures because the first one looks like he's holding his crotch.

Lol ya it does..#mikejaxR.I.P.

Ok, so I've read at least three separate articles on this thing and all of them say that it's a granite sculpture. Now, I may not be an artist or run a gallery --- oh wait, yes I am, and yes I do --- but that looks like bronze to me. And the artist's entire portfolio are bronze sculptures (and not that great of work I might add). Someone effed up a press release and apparently news outlets don't pay attention to what they copy and paste.

that is all.

Lol, it's a Bronze statue on a granite base.

Lol, it's a Bronze statue on a granite base.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe something like that.  I've just read articles that say, "The granite sculpture unveiled on Thursday, which stands 13 1/2 feet tall and weighs 18,500 pounds, captures Wilkins taking off for a dunk..."

I'm very happy for Dominique and I'll watch the ceremony tomorrow. I'm going to the game Monday, so I'll get a chance to check it out in person.

I'm still very disappointed that two grown ass men let a statue come between them. I would be lying if I didn't admit this situation had made me personally less excited about this.

• Like 1

• Moderators

H8R! {/sarcasm}

Although now that you mention it, dammit. I'll never be able to look at that statue and not notice that. Thanks for that lethal. {/sarcasm}

Aagh.  So true.  Man, the artist missed that badly.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Aagh.  So true.  Man, the artist missed that badly.

Artist?  Probably a 3D CNC job.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Is it just me or doe the Nique statue seems more about politics than merit. Not saying he doesn't deserve it because he does, but the timing of the statue seems odd.  Statue looks awesome tho!

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Is it just me or doe the Nique statue seems more about politics than merit. Not saying he doesn't deserve it because he does, but the timing of the statue seems odd.  Statue looks awesome tho!

We've addressed it a bit in the Ferry mega-thread.

I want the hard questions answered though!

Was Ferry there?!

Did Nique mention him during his speech?!

Did the sculptor take the term "PacMan" too literally or was it a wink-wink Easter egg?!

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He will always catch heat for not winning a title.  Most fans believe you only get hardware like that after multiple championships.  Hell Kareem had multiple titles and still had to beg for his.

• Moderators

We've addressed it a bit in the Ferry mega-thread.

I want the hard questions answered though!

Was Ferry there?!

Did Nique mention him during his speech?!

Did the sculptor take the term "PacMan" too literally or was it a wink-wink Easter egg?!

Inquiring minds want to know.

Is it possible that Dominique just unbiasedly discriminates against people named Danny.

I like it - never gonna please everybody.

I agree with previous posters...when they kept saying it was granite I thought "omg" they made it out of granite and painted it bronze color?  Don't they know that granite doesn't have the tensile strength to hold up (around the ankles)?  It won't last!

You could tell Nique was really touched at the unveiling ceremony though...good for him.  Now that our team doesn't suck anymore we can develop a tradition 8^)