• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Amazing game! You can tell Hawks have stronger team chemistry and more connected compared to Cavaliers team with superstars roster.

Im sure coach Bud will rest the starters tommorow against the Sixers.

Congrats to Nique on his statue! This win was definitely for him!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Amazing game. Got off to a great start. Great to see Korver hit 2/3 in that short stint. Scott really came through though. Not just scoring; he grabbed some key rebounds down low against Thompson also. Teague has become a steady entity these day. Horford also came to play tonight. Great win. And Mozgov.....you messed with the wrong one.

• Like 4

What a game. Great win on a great night to cap off Nique week.

I am so impressed by the defense of this team. As long as we play this kind of defense we will be in EVERY game.

We won another rebounding battle against rebound machine Love and a legit 7 footer in Mozgov (3 rebounds).

I love Bud's use of Teague and Schröder together, it just keeps pressure on the other team, hounding them on defense and attacking on offense.

This Schröder kid, smh, we have a good one, some of those passes, just wow - 8 assists, 1 turnover.

Special shoutout to DMC and Baze for doing yeoman's work on LBJ, he didn't have 9 TOs by accident (this just gets better when Thabo gets back).

Mike Scott was awesome in the 4th.

Al and Sap brought their lunch pails and hard hats tonight.

Hopefully with Kyle hitting those 2 crucial 3s in 4th q brings him out his funk.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Amazing game. Got off to a great start. Great to see Korver hit 2/3 in that short stint. Scott really came through though. Not just scoring; he grabbed some key rebounds down low against Thompson also. Teague has become a steady entity these day. Horford also came to play tonight. Great win. And Mozgov.....you messed with the wrong one.

Yep BFT2T...say what you want about all the "Nique stuff"...these guys knew what the game meant and the implications.  We shot top #s (71%) in the 1st quarter and went out to a nice lead - only to see them come back and it was 77-77 before we knew it.  CLE will not be an easy beat in the playoffs (if we have to play them).

DMC's D on Lebron was great - but they still got their points.  We may have concentrated on LeBron too much IMO.  Anyway, we won...that's always the main thing.

I love Bud's use of Teague and Schröder together, it just keeps pressure on the other team, hounding them on defense and attacking on offense.

This Schröder kid, smh, we have a good one, some of those passes, just wow - 8 assists, 1 turnover.

Yeah JBH...I like the Teague/Dennis combo too at crunch time.  Mega-defensive quickness and Jeff is big and athletic enough to guard 2s for a bit (not all game long mind you).

Dennis is one of those guys who can pester a 2 guard as well....so it's cool on switches.

You put those two guys together with DMC and we probably (for those minutes) have the best perimeter defense in the whole league.

Replay thread!!!

I'm going back to the chat :-)

Lebron James:

"I can't be worried about the Hawks right now. It's not like we're going to face them in the first round," James said. "It was the first time they used that game plan on us. They kind of caught us by surprise. Down the road, if we get to that point, we'll be all right."

I know Lebron can play a lot better, but that is a lot of BS right there. Teams are going at the Hawks hard every night now. They're not sneaking up on teams now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 4

Lebron James:

"I can't be worried about the Hawks right now. It's not like we're going to face them in the first round," James said. "It was the first time they used that game plan on us. They kind of caught us by surprise. Down the road, if we get to that point, we'll be all right."

I know Lebron can play a lot better, but that is a lot of BS right there. Teams are going at the Hawks hard every night now. They're not sneaking up on teams now.

Makes no sense, we've been playing the same way all year. We didn't have some new game plan.

Makes no sense, we've been playing the same way all year. We didn't have some new game plan.

Maybe he was talking about some of our newer lineups? He clearly couldn't have been talking about our offense, that's been the same almost all year. I may be wrong, but I don't think we changed our defensive scheme tonight either. We focused in on LeBron, but we usually do that to our opponents best player right?

• Like 1

How are you gonna ask a grown ass man if beating a team that has never won anything means more to him than the birth of his son? They treat these guys like they're your little brother's team and it's so cute how well they're doing. It's insulting. This is a veteran team that goes about its business in an uber professional manner every game. They're serious. They have a championship demeanor. And they're not going away.

• Like 1

For those who didn't see it. I uploaded the question of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2OQ7YUX0A

I didn't like him after that group interview he did with the starters, but this confirms he's a moron. 

Great win, though. Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Nique was as humble as Ron Burgundy, but he still got me a little hype with the ATL love. It's nice to have a Hall of Famer stand tall for your team/city. 

Edited by High5