• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

7th and 8th seeds will be rough...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I am guessing the 7th and 8th seeds will be:

Either Pacers, Miami, or Charlotte.

Those are hard matchups for anybody.  Especially Charlotte.  Charlotte is streaking right now... I hope they streak right up to #7 and they take on the Cavs.  I don't know if Lebron and Company can beat these guys when they are healthy.

For us, I don't want a motivated Pacer team with Paul George back.  I'd rather face a boshless Miami.

• Like 3

I really think that the first round will be as tough, if not tougher than the semis short of the Lebrons getting the 4th seed and slapping the Whizzed. As the old gospel song goes, nobody told me that the road would be easy...

Id love for the Celts to make a push and get that 8th seed...then we can pound them into the ground and give their young players some "real world experience".

Muahahahahahahaha

We should dismantle all of those teams, but it's hard for me to predict a sweep when the Hawks haven't come close to sweeping anyone since I've been alive. This team has changed my perception of what the Hawks are capable of in the regular season, I hope they do the same in the postseason. I'm very confident they will. 

Those are hard matchups for anybody.  Especially Charlotte.  Charlotte is streaking right now... I hope they streak right up to #7 and they take on the Cavs.  I don't know if Lebron and Company can beat these guys when they are healthy.

For us, I don't want a motivated Pacer team with Paul George back.  I'd rather face a boshless Miami.

How is Miami a hard matchup for anybody? Or Charlotte...

They would get swept if they faced any of the top 8 teams out west.

If you can't beat any of these teams 4-1.... You probably don't belong in the playoffs.

• Like 3

I'm with Hots to an extent. With the exception of the Pacers with Paul George coming back, there is no reason why a team winning 60+ should be facing an elimination game in the first round. I know that styles make fights but if they're going against the ©Heat, I fully expect the Hawks to put the boots to their asses...

Edited by Dejay

Do people really think that George will be his usual self if he does come back this year?  He will likely be nowhere near his original self and he will probably play limited minutes.  He's not going to take 8 months off and just return to an all-star player right away.

The Pacers won't be able to keep up with our scoring and we will beat them easily.

Check your memory.

Last season, the #8 Hawks met the #1 team and pushed them to game 7.

Question:  Who was that #1 team?

It's possible to have the same two facing each other in this year's playoff.

Last year, the Hawks proved that, on any given night, any team is dangerous.

George was the difference last season.  He will probably be back.

to_keep_order.gif

• Like 1

I'm with Hots to an extent. With the exception of the Pacers with Paul George coming back, there is no reason why a team winning 60+ should be facing an elimination game in the first round. I know that styles make fights but if they're going against the ©Heat, I fully expect the Hawks to put the boots to their asses...

If George comes back the Pacers will struggle. They have learned to play without him and if he comes back, they'll have a rough time adjusting.

I think Miami is the toughest matchup (for anyone) out of those teams. They have a losing record, and Chris is out, but their experience is scary. If D-Wade is healthy, he's still one of the league's best players. Erik Spoelstra is one of the best coaches in the league. They now finally have an elite point guard running the show. I'm not worried about the Hawks beating them, but for other teams, I could see them posing the biggest threat.

I think Miami is the toughest matchup (for anyone) out of those teams. They have a losing record, and Chris is out, but their experience is scary. If D-Wade is healthy, he's still one of the league's best players. Erik Spoelstra is one of the best coaches in the league. They now finally have an elite point guard running the show. I'm not worried about the Hawks beating them, but for other teams, I could see them posing the biggest threat.

Miami's experience? Really?

Wade, Deng and Haslem?

-Dragic scores 33% of his points on fast breaks... So, you take those away and you have an average PG at best.

-Erik is not one of the best coaches in the league.

-Deng is a so so player. No real reason to be concerned with him...

Miami is not very good.

• Like 1