• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoff experience

DrReality

There has been commentary on the lack of Hawk's playoff experience, specifically referenced to Lebron, but my question is how much does Bud's experience come into play.  it's player's experience vs. coach's experience and I'm inclined to think that Bud brings a wealth of experience to prepare us. What say ye? 

• Like 1

Coach bud has a lot of playoffs and championships experience. Hawks have a lot of  playoffs experience too but usually getting knocked out in 1st round or 2nd round. For new Hawks players, Thabo have a lot playoffs experience with OKC and Bazemore this is his first playoff experience. Schröder, got some experience last year, and pretty much most of the Hawks players have playoffs experience from last year.

The way Hawks playing  this season, and being fully healthy, I like Hawks chances this year playoffs.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

I actually did some research on this earlier.  We all know about Bud's vast amount of experience.  Here's how our key rotation guys stack up.

Horford - 48 games. 2nd round 3 times
Teague - 36 games, 2nd round 2 times
Thabo - 78 games, Finals, WCFs
Korver - 67 games, ECFs, 2nd round multiple times
Millsap - 55 games, WCFs, 2nd round 3 times

Carroll - 11 games

Scott, Antić, Bazemore, Dennis - 1 series or none

Old Man Brand - 37 games, 2nd round twice

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

I would say we look pretty damn good compared to the Cavs.

Blatt - NONE
Lebron - 158 games, Finals 6 times
Irving - NONE
Love - NONE
J.R. Smith - 51 games, WCFs, second round (also known for getting suspended during that 2nd round series for a boneheaded play)
Shumpert - 13 games, 1 second round
Mozgov - 7 games

Thompson - NONE

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

I actually did some research on this earlier. We all know about Bud's vast amount of experience. Here's how our key rotation guys stack up.

Horford - 48 games. 2nd round 3 times

Teague - 36 games, 2nd round 2 times

Thabo - 78 games, Finals, WCFs

Korver - 67 games, ECFs, 2nd round multiple times

Millsap - 55 games, WCFs, 2nd round 3 times

Carroll - 11 games

Scott, Antić, Bazemore - 1 series or none

You forgot Dennis.

@JETSET

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I would say we look pretty damn good compared to the Cavs.

Blatt - NONE

Lebron - 158 games, Finals 6 times

Irving - NONE

Love - NONE

J.R. Smith - 51 games, WCFs, second round (also known for getting suspended during that 2nd round series for a boneheaded play)

Shumpert - 13 games, 1 second round

Mozgov - 7 games

@JETSET please add Marion and Jones.

Might as well do the entire rosters for both teams

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Bud's experience is unmatched. It's a very tired argument for a team that has 50 wins with 20 to go, though.

No one has satisfactorily explained to me how the game changes. Some stat that shows league-wide slowing of pace is expected and insignifigant. The arena is a little louder and there are a lot more cameramen and media folk. Anything else? Same ball, same floor dimensions and hoop height, same rules, 5 on 5, what?

When you've been near the top of the league in defensive and offensive efficiency

and raw rankings all year, you'd be a fool to doubt anything about your program. Every other team in the East realizes we've won way more games than anyone else, they're fine tuning to measure up to us. LeBron demolished the Mavs last night yet still said "we aren't ready for the playoffs yet." Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who he's talking about getting ready for.

I was sticking to the difference makers. The Cavs are done for if they are relying on either of them to make a big impact in a series against us.

@JETSET you know some smart alec will say you listed Brand so you have to include Marion, lol.

@JETSET you know some smart alec will say you listed Brand so you have to include Marion, lol.

In my defense, I left a space in between Brand and the rest of the team.  I figured I would add him in case we are actually saving him for the playoffs and his playing time does go up then.  He can be a difference maker if he gets the minutes.

Honestly this talking point had gotten tiresome. Playoff experience isn't a quantifiable attribute that can be exactly measured and compared. I'm not saying it's not important to have but it's not worth all the debate and attention the media gives it.

For example, If there are two comparable players. One player has made the playoffs every year for 4 years but never made it past the first round. While the other has only been there once but has been to the conference finals, how do you compare their playoff experience.

Edited by HighFlyer