• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something has to give with...

willthepureshooter

Something has to give with Pero on offense. He literally came into the game and disrupted the teams chemistry with one silly pass. The ball was passed to him with only a few seconds left on the clock and he chose to pump fake and deliver a horrible pass to Bazemore (if I'm correct) on the baseline. After that one play, the ship went down hill. It was very apparent too. From that point, everyone tried to compensate for him offensively on the court. We pressed. Bud has to make Pero start looking for more slashing and rolling opportunities. Him hogging up space on the outside perimeter is beginning to be a bit counterproductive to our offensive system. Its like he's in everyone's way.

Needless to say.. I'm a bit worried.

• Like 1

You may need to talk to Bud the GM about this one. This isnt a new problem and we have had ample time and trade deadlines to get a defendeing big better than Pero. A guy who can also hit a shot or two and not stick out like a sore thumb.

• Like 1

It becomes harder to defend Pero since his shooting slump lasts a while now.

But nevertheless, who are those bigs we could have had at trade deadline (without sacrificing another key player and without messing up team chemistry) - who are fitting our system and needs and are that much better than Pero? Not to mention that they would have had to learn to play in our system...

I would say if such a much better player would have been available, Bud would have traded for him / signed him from FA...

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member

But nevertheless, who are those bigs we could have had at trade deadline (without sacrificing another key player and without messing up team chemistry) - who are fitting our system and needs and are that much better than Pero? Not to mention that they would have had to learn to play in our system...

I would say if such a much better player would have been available, Bud would have traded for him / signed him from FA...

Amare Stoudemire is a better player than Pero in every way period!  Pero apologist always bring up his defense only to find out that he is one of the worst defenders on the team!

• Premium Member

Well I'm glad know that I'm not the only one noticing it. Lol.

You kidding??? There are plenty of people that despise Pero even before his recent terrible play.  I know that I have made plenty of thread expressing my displeasure with Bud for playing Pero in the rotation even over players on the current roster!  Certainly we have had plenty of opportunities to upgrade the roster particularly after the Payne trade.  Heck..I would even contemplate signing Javale Mcgee to see what Bud could do with him before the playoffs rather than continue this Pero disaster!

• Like 1

You kidding??? There are plenty of people that despise Pero even before his recent terrible play.  I know that I have made plenty of thread expressing my displeasure with Bud for playing Pero in the rotation even over players on the current roster!  Certainly we have had plenty of opportunities to upgrade the roster particularly after the Payne trade.  Heck..I would even contemplate signing Javale Mcgee to see what Bud could do with him before the playoffs rather than continue this Pero disaster!

I marked my concerns about Amar'e below.

He already publicly criticized his new team and regarding the fitting concerns I found the following on hoopyhype.com

Had good mix of strength, athleticism and quickness... Can put the ball on the floor and finish around the rim... Nice mid-range shot... Great hands... Doesn't put much effort defensively... Doesn't pass the ball much... Average rebounder... Injury prone... Doesn't move well anymore.

Yeah, this seems to be exactly what the Hawks need...

• Like 1

Its nothing personal against Pero. He just sticks out like a sore thumb out the. The ball or rather whole offense stops the second he gets the ball. He also has been bad on defense as well. We dont need a superstar just a servicable big who fits. A guy who can give us what Brand gives us but for more minutes. We really should have been able to find this by now. His minutes are hurting the team.

• Like 1

I'd rather see Muscala receive Peros minutes from now. At least challenge him enough to make him somewhat uncomfortable so he can mentally get his self together. I don't see him looking to change at all on offense. He's making the same mistakes since the playoffs last year. Pump fakes and more pump fakes at the end of the shot clock, coupled with forced passes.

Hand down.. Man down..

Amare Stoudemire is a better player than Pero in every way period! Pero apologist always bring up his defense only to find out that he is one of the worst defenders on the team!

Well duuuh, on defense Pero is not better than the starters, Thabo, Dennis or Baze.

Mack is decent on defense just hasn't played a lot this season, Scott is improving, Elton isn't playing enough, Moose is skittish. Pero's defensive ranking within the team is where it should be so it shouldn't be a surprise.

I said before, I could live with the missed shots IF the rest of his game didn't get affected. However, It's looking like he's losing confidence all over the place now. I'm starting to get a little worried.

I'd rather see Muscala receive Peros minutes from now. At least challenge him enough to make him somewhat uncomfortable so he can mentally get his self together. I don't see him looking to change at all on offense. He's making the same mistakes since the playoffs last year. Pump fakes and more pump fakes at the end of the shot clock, coupled with forced passes.

Hand down.. Man down..

Pero should not be getting the ball at the end of the shot clock though.

i been saying pero got to go. its beginning to look like bud moved payne because its obvious that pero doesnt belong in the rotation. for all that bud has done good, that doesnt mean he doesnt have a "favorite". like i said before, pero is the hawks version of the falcons biermann. a guy who "supposedly" does a lot, but does NOTHING, and stays in the rotation regardless. there was one rebounding opportunity i saw yesterday where pero had the nuggets boxed out for a defensive rebound, and three or four nuggets kept volleyballing the ball to the rim trying to score while pero just stood there flat footed looking stupid.........

he has got to go........

Edited by atlbenz

Pero should not be getting the ball at the end of the shot clock though.

True enough, but he still has to shoot it when its passed to him. He makes the same mistake every time. Pump fake when he has space to shoot, then a bailout turnover pass. Its getting pretty ridiculous to watch. But I understand your point.

What do you think about this guy being called up? I would hate to see Eddie go but this guy David Wear, a 6"10 Center that can shoot, set screens, and shows good mobility on defense.

Highlights: David Wear (21 points) vs. the D-Fenders, 12/20/2014: https://youtu.be/dZuBrlgsgBI

Highlights: David Wear (33 points, 7 threes) vs. the D-Fenders, 1/3/2015: https://youtu.be/R7VN_bFX_1c

Hand down.. Man down..

Edited by willthepureshooter

True enough, but he still has to shoot it when its passed to him. He makes the same mistake every time. Pump fake when he has space to shoot, then a bailout turnover pass. Its getting pretty ridiculous to watch. But I understand your point.

What do you think about this guy being called up? I would hate to see Eddie go but this guy David Wear, a 6"10 Center that can shoot, set screens, and shows good mobility on defense.

Highlights: David Wear (21 points) vs. the D-Fenders, 12/20/2014: https://youtu.be/dZuBrlgsgBI

Highlights: David Wear (33 points, 7 threes) vs. the D-Fenders, 1/3/2015: https://youtu.be/R7VN_bFX_1c

Hand down.. Man down..

I think it's too late in the season to have a call up be effective.

When it comes to team defense Pero knows where to be, his teammates trusts him in that regard. They know they can leave and trap the ball and Pero will rotate correctly. It's a read and react defense based on everyone being on the same page.

A new player might be quicker and better defensively individually but our success depends on our team play.

I do agree that Pero needs to just let it fly if he's gonna shoot. He's gun shy and it's now wreaking havoc on the rest of his game.

Edited by JayBirdHawk