• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something has to give with...

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member

I marked my concerns about Amar'e below.

He already publicly criticized his new team and regarding the fitting concerns I found the following on hoopyhype.com

Yeah, this seems to be exactly what the Hawks need...

You have to be the only person who thinks that Pero is better than Stoudemire

At least challenge him enough to make him somewhat uncomfortable so he can mentally get his self together.

Yep. He's clearly feeling comfortable nobody is gonna take his minutes. There was one sequence late when he had about 5 straight opportunities at a board. Nothing.

Elton is strictly a postseason matchup spot duty player, Moose needs a rigorous offseason weight training program. We got 20 games to get the rotation together. Bud will not allow him to hurt the team two postseasons in a row no matter how much he loves him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yep. He's clearly feeling comfortable nobody is gonna take his minutes. There was one sequence late when he had about 5 straight opportunities at a board. Nothing.

Elton is strictly a postseason matchup spot duty player, Moose needs a rigorous offseason weight training program. We got 20 games to get the rotation together. Bud will not allow him to hurt the team two postseasons in a row no matter how much he loves him.

I hope you're right about that because his play last postseason was hard to watch. He was allowed to 'Manu Ginobili' us out of the playoffs.

• Like 2

I watched it happen too and damn near threw my tablet across the living room. And to watch him run down the opposite end with a blank look on his face just rubs me the wrong way. I wonder if any of our vets have started to complain to Bud a about it.

Mentally tough players make it through shooting slumps.  From watching Pero over the past couple months it has made me realize he doesn't have that mental toughness.

He has let his slump continue and has also let it affect the rest of his game in the process.  I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after the playoffs last year when he started off the season decently.  Once he started slumping though I had a bad feeling.

I really wish Muscala could bulk up some and Elton were younger but at this point I think letting them split Pero's minutes is a necessity at this point.  We need to get some sort of continuity with our lineup before the postseason starts and I don't want to have flashbacks of last season's Indiana series.

mad.gif

• Like 1

Pero was starting last year because there wasn't much choice so what we saw in the playoffs last year we won't see again.

I would hope that Al plays more minutes come playoff time, which means less Pero.

Moose is just not ready physically, he gets pushed around and down pretty easily. Also a bit skittish, I don't know exactly what it is he seems a little uncoordinated sometimes. Hit the weights son.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

They could also limit Pero's playoff minutes by using Millsap at Center when Horford is out.  This can work against certain teams, especially the Cavs.  Teague/Bazemore/Thabo/Carroll/Millsap since they usually sub Korver and Horford out around the 6 minute mark.  and then sub Dennis and Scott for Teague and Carroll closer to the end of the quarter.

I just find it hard to imagine that a guy his size has absolutely no inside game at all. Like how is that even possible that he cant post up and make a hook shot or drop step or something...idk. It would help his shooting a lot if he could make more shots inside to gain confidence or maybe even just step inside the 3 point line and hit some 10-15 footers. Right now his shooting and decision making is very Josh Smith-esque

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He has to be one of the worst players in the NBA.  If the only thing the man does well is set screens he should a damn NFL tight end. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I just find it hard to imagine that a guy his size has absolutely no inside game at all. Like how is that even possible that he cant post up and make a hook shot or drop step or something...idk.

Its called being Sorry!  I want someone to defend him now..Where are you random fan?

• Moderators

Its called being Sorry!  I want someone to defend him now..Where are you random fan?

I'll defend him the same as all of us have been defending him.   Yeah, his shooting right now absolutely sucks.  No question.  But if we're blaming that stinky turd the hawks laid in Denver last night on Pero than we have a whole bunch of really crappy players with no heart.   If whether or not Pero pump fakes makes the difference between us winning and getting beat by 36 then he may be the most important backup center in the league.

You have to be the only person who thinks that Pero is better than Stoudemire

I write something and you seem to read whatever you want.

I never wrote that Pero is a better player! I wrote I don't believe Amar'e fits our team! 

Our team is build very well. We have more success than we should have talent wise. It's because everything fits almost perfectly. If you add a wrong piece you could ruin the whole team!

OK, hi. I'll just leave this here then. Muahaha  gamer4.gifKneel_Suckers.gif

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/Antić-wants-to-re-sign-with-hawks/nkTXH/

Antić wants to re-sign with Hawks

10:07 a.m. Thursday, March 12, 2015

DENVER — Pero Antić wants to re-sign with the Hawks.

Make no mistake.

The Macedonian is in the final season of the two-year contract he signed with the Hawks in 2013. The center left Europe for a rookie season in the NBA at the age of 31. Now, he’d like to stay beyond that original deal.

“From your mouth to God’s ears, we say,” Antić said when asked if he would like to return to the Hawks. “I love it. I love the guys. I love everything. I couldn’t be happier to come. The coaching staff, to be so similar to Europe, to be so understanding of the players, rarely you can find that.”

The feeling is mutual. When Hawks management plans for next season, nearly every scenario includes Antić. The versatility of the 6-foot-11, 265-pound center has played a key role in the Hawks’ system under head coach Mike Budenholzer. The coach raves about Antić’s ability to stretch the floor from the center position. Yet, he’d rather talk about his defense, basketball IQ and leadership.

The summer and such roster decisions are well down the road.

“He’s a good part of our core, our substance, our locker room,” Budenholzer said. “Then, the way he plays on the court, I think he’s done a ton to be somebody you want to be a part of your team going forward.

“The summer and free agency is a ways off but we love him.”

Antić signed a two-year, $2.45 million contract. The Hawks picked up his team option of $1.25 million this summer. Antić was selected to the Rising Stars Challenge, the rookie-sophomore exhibition, at last year’s All-Star Game. He finished his first NBA season appearing in 50 games and averaging 7.0 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 18.5 minutes. He shot .418 from the field, including .327 from 3-point range.

Antić has struggled with his shot this season. In 48 games, he is averaging 5.4 points, 2.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 16.1 minutes. He is shooting .346 from the field, including .278 from 3-point range. Budenholzer would rather dwell everything else Antić brings to the Hawks.

Antić has been limited by an ankle injury this season. He returned from a two-game absence Wednesday against the Nuggets after spraining his left ankle. Antić played 20 minutes as the Hawks trailed by as many as 34 points in the loss. He finished with six points and three rebounds. The Hawks continue their six-game western road trip Friday at the Suns. The 50-14 Hawks have already clinched a playoff berth and are closing in on the Southeast Division title and No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

The well-tattooed Antić said he has felt support from his teammate, coaches and Hawks fans while in Atlanta. He is cheered by Macedonia flag-waving supporters in cities across the NBA. Some new ink may be on the way. Antić recently pointed out tattoos he has from teams he played for in Greece and Serbia “where I had the biggest successes of my career.”

The NBA experience has been better.

“This is at the top of my career,” Antić said. “I just love it.”

e6e5f196b1110febe231d33de8f39def43c2fee3

Edited by RandomFan