• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF....

Diesel

No way. Not at all. Outstanding individual defense translates to all systems.

As much as I love Millsap, considering his age, I'd rather have Draymond. And believe me, I love Millsap.

No way. Not at all. Outstanding individual defense translates to all systems.

You don't pay someone the money he's seeking to be a hustle guy.  That's his ceiling.  Let's see how ferocious his defense is on a lesser team where the coach's schemes are lacking and his teammates aren't doing him any favors.

Draymond green's main defensive weapon is versatility which is the make-up of the warriors defense.

The key to the warriors defensive system is having long athletic defenders at every position,so they are able to blow up plays by switching, and don't have to worry about mismatches.

its like what Billy Knight tried to do here but with smarts.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Haha nice. I hate to post a response here because it's the wrong forum but I'm going to have to disagree with the Draymond argument. I think he does great in the Warriors system but I think he will help whatever team he goes to next year as well. @JayBirdHawk thinks he is doing well in a contract year also but I actually think the guy has a heart and is gonna bring it every year he's in the league. I'd love for us to land him. Honestly I know this is absurd, but he just might be the Warriors MVP. His defense is ferocious and now all if a sudden he hits 3's. He's just one of those guys that's a leader. I guess we will just have to wait and see but I'd take him 10/10 times over David Lee...easily, to me it's not even close.

You keep squawking about the wrong forum, but this is not a trade.  This is offseason talk.   This is not around the NBA, this is about what FA would fit with the hawks.  Therefore, this is not the wrong forum.

Draymond green's main defensive weapon is versatility which is the make-up of the warriors defense.

The key to the warriors defensive system is having long athletic defenders at every position,so they are able to blow up plays by switching, and don't have to worry about mismatches.

its like what Billy Knight tried to do here but with smarts.

It may have worked if the Hawks were able to match them with the best PG in the league like the Warriors do now.  We had our chance with Paul and whiffed on Marvin instead.

• Like 1

As much as I love Millsap, considering his age, I'd rather have Draymond. And believe me, I love Millsap.

I like Millsap more.  I think Draymond's a huge beneficiary of the Warriors offense and I don't see him being able to create for himself near as well as Millsap can. 

It will be interesting to see how he does if he leaves Golden St. in the offseason.

I like Millsap more. I think Draymond's a huge beneficiary of the Warriors offense and I don't see him being able to create for himself near as well as Millsap can.

It will be interesting to see how he does if he leaves Golden St. in the offseason.

Millsap is better able to create on offense, but given the age difference and Draymond's superior defense, I'd take him over Sap. But both guys are blue collar players. I'm guessing somehow the Warriors will either create room for him to stay or he bolts to the Pistons.

You keep squawking about the wrong forum, but this is not a trade. This is offseason talk. This is not around the NBA, this is about what FA would fit with the hawks. Therefore, this is not the wrong forum.

You're right, it just doesn't belong in any forum.

I feel like you had that one in your back pocket for while. Hilarious.

Omg you don't even know. It was like a piece of apple lodged in your teeth for days...feels great! :-)

Millsap is better able to create on offense, but given the age difference and Draymond's superior defense, I'd take him over Sap. But both guys are blue collar players. I'm guessing somehow the Warriors will either create room for him to stay or he bolts to the Pistons.

and then we become completely reliant on the PG position for playmaking.  Before Thabo's injury, our defense was elite.  I prefer Millsap's offense vs Draymond's defense if our defense rises back to it's form with the return of Thabo. 

• Like 1

and then we become completely reliant on the PG position for playmaking. Before Thabo's injury, our defense was elite. I prefer Millsap's offense vs Draymond's defense if our defense rises back to it's form with the return of Thabo.

That's true. I'd also like to see what the market will be for each player. Will they each approach $15 million a year? You may be right, for the balance of our team's offense, Millsap might be the guy.

• Premium Member

I like Millsap more.  I think Draymond's a huge beneficiary of the Warriors offense and I don't see him being able to create for himself near as well as Millsap can. 

I would have to agree that Sap definitely has more tools.  I just think that our offense would be a good fit for what Green does too. He would benefit here as well.

Having Thabo back (if he is at full strength) is huge. 6 foot 7 - long arms - quick feet - he can basically shut off half the court on defense at the wing.

I like Baze but he simply is not that long - he is 6-4.with shorter muscular arms...not 6-7 and rangy like Thebo

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

I know that Draymond is younger but I don't think he's as versatile offensively as Millsap is. Millsap has moves to get such easy shots that it sometimes looks laughable. And with the cap being stretched beyond belief after next year, I'd rather swallow the pill now and pay the man rather than lose him and hope someone comes along and replaces his production.

My free agency focus would be the wings. Imagine losing DMC and having to go into the season with Thabo or Basemore playing starter minutes. While I would love to bring him back, I would also see just how badly those teams really wanted to keep Leonard and Butler.

We need to keep DMC and Sap

The FAs I would target are:

Kawhi Leonard

Draymond Green

Jimmy Butler

Danny Green

Wesley Matthews

Khris Middleton

I'd also target a wing in the draft...Justise Winslow or Stanley Johnson or someone like that

For me Wes Mathews would be on the top of the list, because a wing with Wes and Kyle would be a ddream for Bud i think.  I also think he is a team player which is quite important too. Butler, greene and kawhi are excellent players to, who would probadly fit but i doubt that they can sign a contract at another place.