• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does coach Bud always hire shooters?

Spursfanpeacemaker

"Live by the jumpshot, You die by the Jumpshot".

Hawks are a jump shooting team, every Hawks player can shoot threes.. I just don't get why Bud always sign shooters instead of a rim protector?  is it the system or  floor spacing thing? Anyone know why???

Hawks just signed  Austin Daye to a multi year deal.. i know him very well and spurs got rid of him because all he do is camp behind three point line and shoot, nothing else.. Also hawks are interested to another shooter named Reggie Redding, i watched his highlights from Alba, he has good mid range game and he can attack the basket... But can hawks go far in the playoffs by just relying mostly on jumpers???

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Then defenses are forced to defend the perimeter and not camp out in the lane, which spreads the floor for offenses to attack the rim.

The only  one thing i usually noticed opponents taking advantage of hawks defense.. Hawks always help out on defense when an opponent is trying to drive in the paint, then he just kick it out to his wide open teammate. 

Put it like this, Bud wants guys like Anthony Davis, Al Horford and Pau Gasol over guys like Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan, and Tyson Chandler. The difference? The first group can move well and guard multiple positions, shoot the ball well and pass very well all while providing steady defense, rebounding and blocked shots. The second group can block shots, defend and rebound at elite levels but doesnt do any of those other things the first group does.

Bud would rather big guys who have actual basketball skills over guys with size and athleticism that dont bring much else to the table. It allows for more mismatches on both ends of the floor.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

And yet I don't see one available name as a solution.

I don't like these kinds of responses when discussing team moves. You don't need an alternative to demonstrate that a move sucks. And in some cases, simply doing nothing is a better move since you don't have to do something. Well plus this kind of response for this thread is a bit pointless in itself, even naming an alternative doesn't take away from the pointlessness here.

This thread is pointless because getting pissy about Austin Daye pretty much shows you don't understand Austin Daye's contract. It is essentially a rest-of-season contract with a Training Camp invitation. We have sunk to a new low for the board if we are arguing about training camp invites at this point. We really need to get to the playoffs so we can talk about something that actually matters.

I don't like these kinds of responses when discussing team moves. You don't need an alternative to demonstrate that a move sucks. And in some cases, simply doing nothing is a better move since you don't have to do something. Well plus this kind of response for this thread is a bit pointless in itself, even naming an alternative doesn't take away from the pointlessness here.

This thread is pointless because getting pissy about Austin Daye pretty much shows you don't understand Austin Daye's contract. It is essentially a rest-of-season contract with a Training Camp invitation. We have sunk to a new low for the board if we are arguing about training camp invites at this point. We really need to get to the playoffs so we can talk about something that actually matters.

Im not hating on Austin Daye, that dude can still shoot consistently.. I just hope he takes this opportunity seriously with the Hawks and not waste it like when he was still with Raptors and Spurs back then.. I felt like when he was still with the Spurs, he did not  take his opportunity seriously. Just like Greg Popovich said "if u get offered with a job, you have to show that you really want it". Patty Miils and Danny green were great example of that. Danny green undrafted, he didnt shine in cleveland but when Spurs signed him, He just kept working hard and he's now important piece for the Spurs. Patty Mills was a fatass and outshaped in 2013 NBA finals.. In 2014 Summer, he decided to lose weight and want to help the team to reach the finals again in 2014, and he was a great significant why Spurs reached the finals last year.

In short, I just really hope Austin Daye learned his lesson from past years, and take this opportunity seriously that Hawks just gave him. 

Useless post? Now that opens a can of worms for a lot of posters.