• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Irrelevant as far as the playoffs are concerned, but is this the same leg as the one where he injured his Achilles, or a different one?

~lw3

Think its the same leg - torn right calf muscle.

Why do people have to make such a fuss with cops. Yeah, they're dicks, but it's easier on yourself to just do what they ask and move along. I guarantee Thabo didn't walk into the club with a limp.

Alcohol????

It's a fractured tibia.

Those take forever to rehab, don't they?

Is that what Paul George had? Edited by JayBirdHawk

Why do people have to make such a fuss with cops. Yeah, they're dicks, but it's easier on yourself to just do what they ask and move along.  I guarantee Thabo didn't walk into the club with a limp.

Why can't cops stop abusing citizens? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can we get an injury exception to add somebody for the playoffs?

Nope! As per Larry Coon...

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15.

~lw3

• Like 1

Not to mention had the nut with the knife not have been causing trouble none of this would have happened.

The one piece of "questionable judgment " I would bring in to the situation is - they know they are on a different schedule than others and should know that 4am for regular folks at a club means the regular folks are F'n BLASTED. The cops expect it to be "wild time" too.

Just because you are on a different schedule doesn't mean you shouldn't understand your surroundings and be careful. Hindsight is 20-20.

There is no excuse for the cops breaking Thabo's leg - but they probably figured somebody that alert and animated at that time of night was on PCP. They are probably used to just knocking down drunks and grinding their faces into the concrete.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

This will probably be hard to do, but let's TRY to keep the discussions of "How did this happen/Who can I shake my fist at?" over in the "Pero and Thabo arrested" thread.

That way, we can keep the discussion of team/player implications for the rest of the season/postseason over here.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What the police did here definitely sounds troubling. However, you're not guaranteed an opportunity to win a title every year. For this to happen when it didn't have to is dissapointing and I can't blame those who have been upset with the players for putting themselves there to begin with.

Nope! As per Larry Coon...

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

~lw3

That's a different exception.

Hawks would need a Hardship Exception in order to increase their roster size to 16, but that only occurs when you have 4 or more players who are injured for at least 3 games. The Disabled Player Exception does not allow a team to exceed the roster size of 15, it only provides for an exception to the salary cap that is either half the injured player's salary or the non-taxpayer MLE (whichever value is less) and only until the end of the season.

Last year we had a DPE from Al and never used it.

Why do people have to make such a fuss with cops. Yeah, they're dicks, but it's easier on yourself to just do what they ask and move along.  I guarantee Thabo didn't walk into the club with a limp.

To be fair, some have been hurt when they thought they were indeed doing as asked ... or so they thought.

we should sue the city of NY

Lol, yep.  Betcha they were Nets fans.