• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go Nets!

BraveSeminole

Sorry!  This has nothing to do with the NBA Draft but everything to do with I would rather see the Hawks play the Celtics in the 1st Round of the Playoffs than the Nets!  Now that the Hawks are somewhat short staffed I have to admit that I would be a little concerned about playing the Nets who seem to be on a pretty good roll right now.  And, please believe me - I don't like the Nets!!!

I say bring on the nets or celtics. I'm more afraid to face Indiana. Something about the pacers who have had playoff success in their recent past with a semi-healthy Paul George that really scares me in the first round. Anyone else with me on this? Of course, part of me is torn and I kind of would rather take on the pacers if it means the nets do not make the playoffs. How sweet would it be to get a lottery pick with the best team in the east? Btw, has that ever happened before? Might be a dumb question to some of you but I really don't know.

The Celtics are  a tougher match up than the Nets.  Jared Sullinger is a load in the paint. He is too big for Al and seems to have added a 3 point shot to his arsnal.

Edited by Blunt91

The Celtics are a tougher match up than the Nets. Jared Sullinger is a load in the paint. He is too big for Al and seems to have added a 3 point shot to his arsnal.

I'm going to have to disagree here. I do think that Sullinger is a load and would be a tough matchup and the celtics seem to swing the ball around well. However, I think we would have a much easier time with the Celts because of their youth. I'd say most of their good players are super young. You got Marcus Smart, Kelly O, Isiah Thomas, and Evan Turner and Sully. Very inexperienced playoff group. Their only vets that have seen playoff success are Avery Bradley and Brandon Bass. On the other hand, the Nets have a group of vets with D Will, JJ, Lopez,Thad and Jack. I know we swept them but the playoffs are a different animal. I'd really like a matchup with the Celtics over any other team (Nets, Indy)

I'm going to have to disagree here. I do think that Sullinger is a load and would be a tough matchup and the celtics seem to swing the ball around well. However, I think we would have a much easier time with the Celts because of their youth. I'd say most of their good players are super young. You got Marcus Smart, Kelly O, Isiah Thomas, and Evan Turner and Sully. Very inexperienced playoff group. Their only vets that have seen playoff success are Avery Bradley and Brandon Bass. On the other hand, the Nets have a group of vets with D Will, JJ, Lopez,Thad and Jack. I know we swept them but the playoffs are a different animal. I'd really like a matchup with the Celtics over any other team (Nets, Indy)

Totally Agree!  While I hope I am wrong (Happens way too often!) and that the earlier posters are correct the Nets do worry me!  Personally, I am hoping the Nets end up with the #7 seed (Of course, I was really hoping they wouldn't make the playoffs!) and have to play the Cavs & Lebron and the Hawks play the Celtics in the 1st round. 

Stevens > Hollins. He has a firm grasp of analytics, Hollins doesn't fool with it, and it shows on the floor. His most senior player in Joe doesn't believe they have a chance in hell anyway. I'd be pissed if we don't sweep any of the contenders besides maybe giving up a game to Miami or Indy based solely on experience.

We aren't officially giving up on the pick though are we? There's still hope. Give me one more ankle sprain, Brook or Jarrett.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Jalen Rose is on twitter claiming that the Nets are losing on purpose so that they can play the Hawksinstead of the Cavs:

Edited by Dolfan23
Fixed embedded Tweet

just...what? We aren't losing to any eighth seed.  Yeah probably any of them have a "chance" of winning 2 games against us but that's it and I'd be slightly surprised if we didn't sweep.  To each his own it's just most hawks fan consensus is hoping BRK gets knocked out so we have the better draft pick

Edited by bobrathbun4pres

i disagree

Do you realize that the Celtics are 23 -12 since the trade deadline. If given a full season that team could win 45-50 games.

They are young , hungry , well coached , they play defense and they share the ball on offense.

They are the team with the best chance of being the 2008 Hawks.

The Nets are a team that we beat by an avg of 17.2 ppg

The Nets love to play ISO ball , which , the easiest offense for the Hawks to defend.

We can easily out run them and their  bench is weak.

If you get a  lead on them , they alway go away from Lopez and turn to Hero ball, which digs them a bigger hole.

• Like 1

Jalen Rose is on twitter claiming that the Nets are losing on purpose so that they can play the Hawksinstead of the Cavs:

Cavs are clearly ushering the C's into the playoffs. Nets are losing since they rather face Atlanta. Playoffs must become best 16 records.

— Jalen Rose (@JalenRose) https://twitter.com/JalenRose/status/587359930258079744

Jalen sounds like an idiot. The Nets have to Make the playoffs first , before they could tank to play the Hawks.,

Makes no sense , because the Nets  were 0- 4 vs Atl. At least they beat the Cavs a couple of times.

• Like 1