• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Forecast predicts Kerr to win Coach of the Year

capstone21

It's funny how some were talking about the Hawks getting into the playoffs last year with a losing record and rarely made mention of all the injuries particularly Al, but now as it relates to Bud and COTY the losses were only because we didn't have Al or the record would have been better, smh.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Saw that today...  I think you gotta look at where we were vs. where we are....with what we have.  We're a talented team, but there is absolutely no way we are this good without Bud.  He has done a phenomenal job and is the rightful COTY.

Funny thing is, you know Bud doesn't give a flying frog about it.  lol

• Like 1

It's funny how some were talking about the Hawks getting into the playoffs last year with a losing record and rarely made mention of all the injuries particularly Al, but now as it relates to Bud and COTY the losses were only because we didn't have Al or the record would have been better, smh.

What's also funny is how Boston getting in with a worse record is widely considered proof that Brad Stevens invented the game of basketball.  If the Celtics win a game they might rename the LOB trophy the Brad Stevens Trophy.

I mean, dude has done a really good job but let's pump the breaks a little bit.  That's still the absolute worst division in basketball.

Coach Kerr did a great job with the warriors. But i think Coach bud still deserves it because Coach Kerr's team is more talented.. They have Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, they can score 20-30 points every night..

Coach Bud didn't have any superstars or go to guy like Thompson , and Curry. He shaped Hawks in a " Team Basketball mentality culture" and focus on player growth development. Hawks is having a lot of success because of it.. Hawks are now number 1 seed now, Last year they were in the 8th seed. That's a big improvement, and they will keep improving in the next following years.

Also, i think Coach Casey of Raptors should also be a candidate for Coach of the year, He did an unbelievable job with the Raptors.

• Like 1

Also dont forget that while the Hawks have somewhat slipped and G.S. has the better record, a large part of that is Bud sat people to rest. While you can argue whether or not thats good for the team you cant argue the fact that it proves Bud only cares about the long term sucess of the team. He couldnt give a flying fuk less about some individual award.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 2

Had Bud wanted or needed to win 65+ games, we easily could have.  We COASTED down the stretch, only remotely trying against BKN twice.  

Essentially, it should be judged as they both won a lot of games.  Kerr won the West.  Bud took a team with a losing record and ran away with the East.

How can you have an MVP candidate and coach of the year on the same team? Isn't that some kind of oxymoron?

No matter what happens this post season, I'll take Bud over Kerr all day.

Edited by Dakin
  • Like 1

I have a hard time believing anyone else getting this team to 60 wins other than Pop. Did anyone have the Warriors winning 40-43 games before the season started? I'm not going to discredit what Kerr has done but if Bud had Kerr's team, he would've been resting guys in January...

• Like 1

I have a hard time believing anyone else getting this team to 60 wins other than Pop. Did anyone have the Warriors winning 40-43 games before the season started? I'm not going to discredit what Kerr has done but if Bud had Kerr's team, he would've been resting guys in January...

Most Eggsperts had GSW in the 55 games win range 4/5 in the West. The Hawks were tabbed as an 8 seed and in some cases not even making the playoffs. They picked the Knicks, Hornets and Pistons ahead of us in some cases. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Kerr deserves a ton of credit. They've been a historically great team through the regular season... Buuuuuut I don't think if you switch coaches, you'd get the same results. Bud could coach the Warriors to the top seed in the West, but does anyone have Kerr getting us to 60 wins?