• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There should be zero fans of Shelvin Mack and Austin Day left on this board

Peoriabird

I'm hoping they play in the playoffs, it means that it was a Hawks blowout WIN and starters are resting :-).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

No..Daye is terrible and Dennis is a good backup...Mack is not!

No. Daye will be good for us and Mack is the best shooting PG on the Hawks. Mack's only problem is he looks to get his first. And why are you bitching about the 14th and 15th guy on our roster. Who cares.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

And why are you bitching about the 14th and 15th guy on our roster. Who cares.

Mack is not the 14th or 15th..That's John Jenkins and EB.  I am afraid that Mack will now be in the rotation now that Thabo is gone for the season.

No. Daye will be good for us and Mack is the best shooting PG on the Hawks. Mack's only problem is he looks to get his first. And why are you bitching about the 14th and 15th guy on our roster. Who cares.

I'm a little skeptical on Daye, but Mack is still a solid backup who can go off at any moment. 

• Like 1

I'm a little skeptical on Daye, but Mack is still a solid backup who can go off at any moment. 

Yeah...this is silly...sliding Mack in with Daye. Mack is a fairly proven PG who would be 2nd string on a lot of teams. Daye is just a hope-type guy.

Teague and Dennis are superior PGs but Mack really isn't that bad. I think he has been trying to do too much just to stay in the league here lately. He just needs to settle down and make good passes and occasionally jack a three. He will be fine.

• Premium Member

I would rather have Baze as our 3rd PG and have Jenkins on the court instead of Mack, really. Shelvin won't follow the gameplan because it just isn't in him to do so.

Jenkins can still be our KK-lite. Granted he doesn't defens very well, but against second units, great defensive guys are barely missed.

Still, this is probably moot, because neither will get enough time to do any good or bad in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Mack is too up and down.  When he's good he's a solid piece but when he's bad he's rec-league bad. 

Edited by NineOhTheRino