• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So it's Brooklyn..

ATLHawks3

Well, to be honest, I was hoping y'all would allow me some over-the-top fan-ish poetic license with that statement.  Clearly, the board is out of chill-mode.

I'm fully aware he had a great series vs. MIA last year.  It could be argued that he out-played LeiBron.  Actually, he ate LeeBrun's lunch in a game or two in that series.  IIRC, save for LiiBrone's game-saving block, Joe had a pretty epic 4th quarter to almost take that last game.

However, as is pointed out in the post below, the Nets are a much different team now than they were just last season.  Losing the admittedly aged Paula Pierce and fake-KG are big losses for them.  Now Joe would have to carry a much bigger load on both sides of the floor.  Can he do it?  Sure, he's always had the ability.  Will he?  Probably not.

This.  Just as the Hawks are much better this year than last year.

This would be a 6 game series if this was last year's Hawks v. this year's Brooklyn team with us winning. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I'm fully aware he had a great series vs. MIA last year.  It could be argued that he out-played LeiBron.  Actually, he ate LeeBrun's lunch in a game or two in that series.  IIRC, save for LiiBrone's game-saving block, Joe had a pretty epic 4th quarter to almost take that last game.

Now Joe would have to carry a much bigger load on both sides of the floor.  Can he do it?  Sure, he's always had the ability.  Will he?  Probably not.

That's how I feel.  Joe has shown he can have a couple real big games in the playoffs, but he has never taken over a series.  With his added age and less pieces I don't see him having more than one takeover game against us.  And that's why I'll give them one win in the series.

I love seeing DeMarre outplay Joe. He's probably ran twice as far as Joe this season. Dennis, let alone Jeff, will give it to Deron. And Hollins' expressions are priceless when the blowout mounts. I wanted the lottery pick no doubt, but Brooklyn is much softer than Indy. We need the easiest path with a couple blowouts so Moose and Jenkins can get some extended playoff run too. But not Daye.

Like stated earlier, Anderson and Jack are the only hustle and energy guys, that Bogdanovic fellow can get hot too. The goals Bud set for this team were clear to see this season, you'd best believe he's imploring the guys that a sweep is expected. We should have some scouts already devising a plan to slow down the X Factor in the next series: Gwinnett's Own Sweet Lou.

Edited by benhillboy

Well, to be honest, I was hoping y'all would allow me some over-the-top fan-ish poetic license with that statement.  Clearly, the board is out of chill-mode.

However, as is pointed out in the post below, the Nets are a much different team now than they were just last season.  Losing the admittedly aged Paula Pierce and fake-KG are big losses for them.  Now Joe would have to carry a much bigger load on both sides of the floor.  Can he do it?  Sure, he's always had the ability.  Will he?  Probably not.

This.  Just as the Hawks are much better this year than last year.

LOL ... this is Hawksquawk. Over the top fan stuff ( positive or negative ) will be challenged here and fact checked.

Hawks should definitely win in no more than 5 games because Brooklyn still hasn't committed to playing defense. But JJ can and probably will have one huge game in this series. And the fact that we'll be without Sefolosha doesn't help at all in this series either.

Hawks are playing good, but not at the elite level they were playing at in December and January.

If JJ has his monster game, and they get one big game from Deron, the series will probably go 6 games. Lopez will be steady and get his points.

• Like 1

I love seeing DeMarre outplay Joe. He's probably ran twice as far as Joe this season. Dennis, let alone Jeff, will give it to Deron. And Hollins' expressions are priceless when the blowout mounts. I wanted the lottery pick no doubt, but Brooklyn is much softer than Indy. We need the easiest path with a couple blowouts so Moose and Jenkins can get some extended playoff run too. But not Daye.

Like stated earlier, Anderson and Jack are the only hustle and energy guys, that Bogdanovic fellow can get hot too. The goals Bud set for this team were clear to see this season, you'd best believe he's imploring the guys that a sweep is expected. We should have some scouts already devising a plan to slow down the X Factor in the next series: Gwinnett's Own Sweet Lou.

Joe used to not be as lazy. That's the difference. His skill is still there but his movement went from decent to horrible. 

And? Falcons were #1 in the NFC a few years back, got smacked right out of the playoffs, same can be said for the hawks.

This team isn't a fraud. This team actually is a legit team. Now they aren't winning the finals v. Golden State, San Antonio or Memphis but they could beat the rest of the west in the playoffs.

And? Falcons were #1 in the NFC a few years back, got smacked right out of the playoffs, same can be said for the hawks.

Are you going to believe what your eyes tell you through 60 games won or use the Falcons as a reference who sucked at defense. Edited by JayBirdHawk

This team isn't a fraud. This team actually is a legit team. Now they aren't winning the finals v. Golden State, San Antonio or Memphis but they could beat the rest of the west in the playoffs.

I tend disagree on Memphis but I'm coming around slowly but surely. Each side had a pretty convincing win versus the other. Homecourt probably decided both during a couple scoring runs.

Gasol looked like a damn wizard last night and Jeff Green, a lightning rod for discussion here, was beyond the perfect fit. I don't see why many like to pile on him, that kid been a stud. It was a common practice to look at his numbers throughout his past roles and say "inconsistent effort, soft." He's Rudy Gay with very good defense instead of no defense.

When there were rumors about the Hawks looking at him, the money was an issue, but I would've loved him here. I will always have to question their near disregard for shooting threes when they may have to face GS or San An even with the stifling D. I like the Calathes dude too, though.

Edited by benhillboy

Espn poll:

Looking at the Hawks - Nets playoff page on ESPN. They have a poll that ask "What will be the outcome of the series?" The votes are:

Hawks in 4 or 5: 787

Hawks in 6 or 7: 222

Nets in 4 or 5: 38

Nets in 6 or 7: 76,000

• Premium Member

Espn poll:

Looking at the Hawks - Nets playoff page on ESPN. They have a poll that ask "What will be the outcome of the series?" The votes are:

No way...LOL

• Moderators

Espn poll:

Hawks in 4 or 5: 787

Hawks in 6 or 7: 222

Nets in 6 or 7: 76,000

That can't be right. If it is, this should be the easiest money since the season's opening over/under line on wins.

Espn poll:

Do these people not know that the Hawks swept them in the Regular Season?

Espn poll:

Ooooh dam that's disrepectful... Hawks will prove them wrong in the playoffs!