• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

If you're heading into town behind the wheel of a car... first, leave now! Second, park-and-ride via MARTA if you must. If you're parking around Peachtree Center, find the Streetcar stop and take it to Centennial Olympic Park (it's free all this year).

It's rainy, but there's a bunch of events going on either before/during/after the 5:30 tip-off.

* A bunch of conventions are wrapping up right now across the street at GWCC: Microsoft workers, Gamers, and a huge cleaning-industry convention, all around the same time.

* Streets Alive will have major streets in West End blocked off. Use Metropolitan Parkway and avoid Lee Street if you're coming up from the south side.

* Sweetwater 420 Fest is across the street at Centennial Olympic Park (I miss Candler Park, but I digress). Fans of Moe. and 311 will be flooding the park by game's end.

* Dave Chappelle's around the corner for two more shows at The Tabernacle this evening. That won't mess with the arrival time but leaving the Hawks game to get back to the car will be a bear.

~lw3

Awesome writeup lw3.  "Joe Johnson’s Dribblympics" alone is worth a like!  You raise some really interesting points - 1.)  the Hawks is now almost the polar opposite of the team we had in the JJ era - instead of one guy holding the ball, we now have 5 moving it around. 2.)  I'm wondering how much of Williams success in the beehive state (yes - Utah is the beehive state) was due to being surrounded by Milsap, Korver along with some others that the Jazz have let slip through their fingers?

• Like 1

Awesome writeup lw3. "Joe Johnson’s Dribblympics" alone is worth a like! You raise some really interesting points - 1.) the Hawks is now almost the polar opposite of the team we had in the JJ era - instead of one guy holding the ball, we now have 5 moving it around. 2.) I'm wondering how much of Williams success in the beehive state (yes - Utah is the beehive state) was due to being surrounded by Milsap, Korver along with some others that the Jazz have let slip through their fingers?

Deron Williams owes a chunk of his career earnings to the HOF coach he ran out the door, Boozer as well. He's been a glorified bum every since.

If you're heading into town behind the wheel of a car... first, leave now! Second, park-and-ride via MARTA if you must. If you're parking around Peachtree Center, find the Streetcar stop and take it to Centennial Olympic Park (it's free all this year).

Is it so bad? I was hoping to leave at around 4:30 pm from Georgia Tech. I might as well walk if doesn't rain.

Great write up, as always. I'm going to the game and I'm really excited to get the playoffs started. Look for me on tv - I'm going to be in section 115 (mid court) next to a big ol pregnant lady (my wife) and I'll be wearing a red Hawks shirt (of course).

I had a dream that Moose went off for 30 points...

That would be amazing, especially since he is likely not going to play very much. But he might do okay vs. Bropez. Here's hoping!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is it so bad? I was hoping to leave at around 4:30 pm from Georgia Tech. I might as well walk if doesn't rain.

I'd use Tech Parkway/Luckie Street (instead of Techwood/COP Drive) and come in on the backside of the park: way less car and foot traffic. If you walk from that side you'll get there in decent time.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1