• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are your rituals for Hawks playoff games?

This might be a different one, but I'm a runner so I usually try to DVR at least the 1Q of the game and not look at my phone during that time.  I then get on the treadmill and run while the game is on and skip the commercials.  Depending on how far I run, I may watch the entire game (like the other night when I did 10 miles) or just 1 half (like last night when I did 4 miles).  Either way, it's a way to get my run on while supporting the team!  

I watch the game alone, my husband says I'm too intense. For the 2 games in Brooklyn I did something I've never done - wear Hawks gear, NEVER AGAIN.

I only wear Hawks game when I go to games, I thought it'll be real cute to wear it at home.

Definitely not doing that again.

So the truth finally comes to light huh?

The First Lady of the Squawk jinxed the boys in Trashtown.. lmao

Please do not do it again :)

Sacrifice a goat to Cthulhu so that the harvest may be bountiful.

Beyond that, throw on my Hawks fitted. I had ordered a new one expecting it to be delivered by last Friday, feeling confident I threw out my old beat up one that I couldn't even wear out in public any longer. Needless to say, the post office f***ed me and of course the Hawks went on to lose the two games that I didn't have a hat for.

You too? Damn! Just when you think you know people :(

This might be a different one, but I'm a runner so I usually try to DVR at least the 1Q of the game and not look at my phone during that time.  I then get on the treadmill and run while the game is on and skip the commercials.  Depending on how far I run, I may watch the entire game (like the other night when I did 10 miles) or just 1 half (like last night when I did 4 miles).  Either way, it's a way to get my run on while supporting the team!  

My weekend long run got moved up again to tonight.  The wife is going to dinner and a movie with some friends so I'll be able to have the 1st half DVR'd before I get the kids to bed and can run on the treadmill.  I can skip all the commercials and timeouts.  Woo Hoo! 

Normally it would be blue collar food (with a corndog at the ready) and Coors beer for me...but since that hasn't been working for the away games I'm switching to Sushi and Chardonnay tonight.

Oh u fancy huh?...

Lol

Normally it would be blue collar food (with a corndog at the ready) and Coors beer for me...but since that hasn't been working for the away games I'm switching to Sushi and Chardonnay tonight.

Stick with that for sure.

I've got a ritual that never fails:

I go to my Thai Boxing class at 7pm and by the time I get out of class, get to my car and check the score on my phone, the Hawks are always ahead and playing well. Only bad thing is, there is no class Tuesday and Thursday and I can't always go on the MWF sessions due to work and childcare issues with my daughter. I went to class Wednesday though before Game 5 and we were up 8 when I got out and got the W.

Our best run of the series came when I was listening in the car last night during the third quarter. All of a sudden the PNR Brooklyn was having success with all series turned into a turnover fest. Its like they can hear Steve Holman going bat crazy and feed off of it.

After seeing the replay of the quarter, it was more enjoyable on the radio, especially hearing Kyle's swishes through the microphone followed by "Bang! He did it again!" Can't see the subdued Moose Goggles through the radio, though.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I had to work during the game so I couldn't do my Horf white home and two drink combo (which is 4-0 so far). I'll call in sick next time if I need to.

This seems more @kg01 than you. Just sayin...

At first I was sitting down, then I rose to a ...

saywha.gif

Then it morphed into a ...

rckstr.gif

Then you were all ...

hjtd.gif