• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Beasley is a Falcon

Awesome pick. Now to land Bruce Irvin via trade and draft the best offensive lineman available at 42, the best running back available at 73, and the best tight end available 107.

• Moderators

Well, not really. I don't care about the NFL but I am happy to see Vic do well in the draft! The guy works hard, is a good kid, and should continue to be a great football player.

But...I just don't care about the NFL. Not sure why.

If Atlanta didn't have the Falcons, I probably would have never gotten into the NFL either. I'm more NBA/NHL. I don't keep up with the Falcons like I do the Hawks, but come game day, I have my Matt Ryan jersey on and rooting on the birds!

But I don't believe I'll ever give a flying hoot about college sports.  I also believe sports is a family affair. If you are raised by parents that are hockey nuts, then you'll be one too.

Glad to see them finally get someone who appears to have rushed a quarterback before. It doesn't mean that they don't have other pressing issues to address. A wideout to eventually replace Roddy White, a free safety to ride shotgun with William Moore, some help on the offensive line (Lord knows they need it), a tight end who can catch a pass...

Couldn't have asked for a better first pick. Don't really know where I want to go in the second, it really depends on who's still there I guess. I'm cool with an O lineman, I'm good with a safety or a wideout....not really feeling taking a TE in the second. Would kinda be upset about that one

Love the Beasley pick. He is exactly what we need.

I actually think safety is a big need. William Moore can't play 16 games  and there isn't a starting caliber Free Safety on the roster. You dont have to fill both safeties in this draft but one is important.

That said at pick, 42 you go with best rated payer who isn't a QB or DT as those are the only positions we have some depth at.  I wouldn't mind Gregory with the pick IF he checks out psychologically, which must be a concern for all the GMs in the league.

There several other LB prospects as well. 

This draft has literally been perfect so far. I geeked for the season