Much Adoo About Nothing..

willthepureshooter

Good piece. I agree with all of it. Oh, last night I heard that DrewGooden owned a wingstop franchise...lol...he looks like he's been eatin too many of them.

I'm still pissed at the scheduling.  It's ridiculous.   Best record in the conference and you still get screwed.   I'd like to know if there has ever been that short of turnaround from one playoff series to another.  Not that i can recall.   With travel to boot.

I share you exact feelings. It's funny how the only Eastern superstars got the better playoff schedule. If I was Bud I would be emailing the NBA front office after this series. There's no excuse for this scheduling mishap. Especially when you're scheduling the #1 seed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Great post, I agree on all points. And as macdaddy said, that was some BS about us not getting much rest. Bulls had three full days and we had about 38 hours between games.

• Like 1

Thanks! My sister told me that Wing Stop has the worst wings in Atlanta. Haha!

They are horrible. Lol. Worst in Cali for sure. I'm a wing snob though so. It's my fav food!

Good post man!

Like I said in other post Im more pissed the hawks didn't play hawks style basketball in the 2nd half more than anything. Also I hate that the wizards had the audacity to say on the post game that they actually stepped up their defense in the 2nd half!…….Are you f*cking kidding me?!

Wall said "we stayed home with their shooters in the 2nd half"…….Wall what game were you at? I will own up and give them credit when they actually show some defense but go back and rewatch that game and you will see more open shots in the 2nd half than in the 1st half.

I bout brought my damn house down after that Wall comment…..(serious face)

• Like 1

Bud was afraid that those three players who were rested and

willing and eager to play would cost Atlanta the game.

Brand, JJ and Moose therefore sat and watched as the players

that Bud trusted didn't get the job done because they were too

tired.

• Premium Member

They didn't run the system when they got tired. Need to make that extra pass

When you get tired, defense and/or driving to the basket are the first things to go. That's why everyone was just standing around and shooting jumpers during the second half.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Going into game 1 of the series I had my concerns. Much of it was purely from a former player perspective. Understanding the benefit of adequate rest in any kind of series or tournament format is important. As a player the first half of a game is filled with energy/adrenaline from the pure excitement as a gamesman and competitor. But when you lack the adequate rest needed, the second half becomes a totally different beast. Legs become heavy after sitting and relaxing during halftime. And your upper body becomes cold and stiff from the climate change in the locker room. A physical and mental hell to work out of as a player. I've been there and it sucks! Every limb seems like it takes more and more from the other.

This is the main reason why I'm not too worried about this series. We shot like crap in the second half of game one because we were tired and all of the adrenaline wore off. As a coach, Bud has to manage the rotations better. If you know your guys had limited rest going into the game you have to lean more on your bench. It's coaching 101. I'm pretty sure Muscala, Mack, Brand, and Jenkins could've provided 6 or 7 minutes rest for the starters. It's not like we were playing the Nets with their staggering size and veteran prowess. For God sakes, we're playing the Washington Wizards. We literally dominated them during the regular season. They don't have an offense and their defense is absolutely horrid. What was Coach Bud scared of? These are the playoffs. This is the time when you test your players testicular fortitude. Let's go Bud!

But hey, I'm not too worried about the Wizards. We will still win in 6 games. Hopefully, Teague will sever his ties with Adidas. Those shoes are horrible.

And can we please force Drew Gooden from the top of the damn key. I despise seeing that bum throw up three fingers after sinking a dead away three pointer from the top of the arch.

Game 1 was "Much Adoo About Nothing."

I'm not as lax as you.  I believe that the Wizards are scrappy.

I think we have to focus on getting our spots and getting our shots with these guys.  They do nothing to stop us from getting our spots.  Nothing.  Al had the top of the key all day.  The problem happens when we get our spots and miss.

As far as Bud. I think his rotation is about the series and not the game.  It worked well against the Nets because they were killing their starters every night.  I think the Wizards have more players that they are willing to put on the floor but it becomes a mismatch.