• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its Coaching..

willthepureshooter

If we keep chugging through the playoffs we're going to appreciate that we've had moments where hopefully our coaching staff has learned from their mistakes. Those inbound plays by the Whiz were just awful and I highly doubt we'll let them get away with those again. It's also not like we're going to be running into a Phil or Pop later in the playoffs either. Thibs is overrated, Blatt isn't coaching his team, and Kerr makes as many young coach mistakes as Bud does. They gotta learn somewhere, right? I'm sure Pop had many mistakes his first few years in the playoffs. Hell he probably cost them the title in 2013 when he sat TD in game 6. I'm sure Phil screwed up his first couple attempts with the Bulls. I know with certainty there's not a coach in the game save for Pop that I would trade Bud for so lets ride or die with him. 

• Like 4

Clearly you've been watching the box score. You're on your own with that statement.

Nah, hes right. When Muscala was in the game they got more aggressive feeding the post. Even one of the announcers mentioned it. Fortunately, they missed shots but he was getting pushed around. It seems like no one on our roster can guard NeNe.

I love the win but we're getting out coached. Whitman called the same exact play on the inbound. They scored on the 1st option and then again on the 2nd option. How as a coach do you not prepare your team for that play during timeout? It was completely embarrassing. Horford should've done a better job recognizing the play. I'm tired of the excuses. This guys letting Nene abuse him. Its sad. And where was Kyle Korvers brain tonight? Pero should be glued to the bench next game. Moose came in and did some quality work.

I think Horford still has those freak pec injuries in the back of his mind and that keeps him from getting physical with guys like Nene. I know that every time I see him get tangled up or fall badly I hold my breath. I'm sure it's no different for Al. Plus when you've got Sap with 4-5 fouls in the 3rd and 4th and your other options are a young, weak, Moose or a guy like Pero who's not going to give you much off the bench, it's important that Al not pick up cheap fouls by playing into the traps set by Nene with his elbows and shoving.

Nah, hes right. When Muscala was in the game they got more aggressive feeding the post. Even one of the announcers mentioned it. Fortunately, they missed shots but he was getting pushed around. It seems like no one on our roster can guard NeNe.

Hard to guard him when he's allowed to use his off arm to push guys out of the way time and time again. And as I mentioned above with Al I think he's worried about getting another pec injury. Outside of Al the only guy who can physically match Nene would be Brand and we know he's not getting into the game. 

• Like 3

Pero is not the problem. And, as MaceC mentions below, Musc hasn't been the end-all/be-all savior some folks are making him out to be.

He's active for sure, which everyone loves, so he commits errors of commission (which I don't mind). But he's also been shown to be weak at the point of contact which will hurt us more than his other positives are helping.

The announcer last night absolutely pissed me off with their constant cheering for the Zards. I get it, they think Wall is cute with his little tight red pants and whatnot, but call the game evenly.

Pero has been painful defensively. There's no way anyone can deny that fact. His collection of multiple off the ball fouls had us in big trouble early in game 3. And letting Nene Leakes go off was unbearable as a fan and student of the game. Dude has zero post defense awareness, and a terrible sense of positioning when rebounding. Its funny how Moose came in and neutralized Nene and Gortat. You can give away as much weight as possible to an offensive player, but good positioning and length will always give you the advantage. That's the difference between Moose and Peros game. Pero has the size to guard the post, but Moose has the smarts to guard it effectively.

• Like 3

I'm the biggest Bud fan but his sub patterns and reluctance to play Moose are troubling. He just hasn't caught that perfect "feeling" for the unit that will go on a patented Hawks run that combines a bunch of blocks, steals, threes, and lay ups over a two-timeout period. I guess it's just residual effect of the team-wide size disadvantage we've experienced all playoffs.

As far as Moose, we just have to dig more on his man when he's posting whether Nene or Gooden and get them to pass out once. His activity on offense is exponentially higher than Pero's, and that's my dude too. You could also replay 4 or 5 rebounds Moose has corraled this playoffs and reasonably say Pero wouldn't have gotten a fingertip on it, which is all he does anyway.

Bud has to find a way to get Kyle going as well. Got to. Besides that, do your thing COY.

• Like 3

Pero has been painful defensively. There's no way anyone can deny that fact. His collection of multiple off the ball fouls had us in big trouble early in game 3. And letting Nene Leakes go off was unbearable as a fan and student of the game. Dude has zero post defense awareness, and a terrible sense of positioning when rebounding. Its funny how Moose came in and neutralized Nene and Gortat. You can give away as much weight as possible to an offensive player, but good positioning and length will always give you the advantage. That's the difference between Moose and Peros game. Pero has the size to guard the post, but Moose has the smarts to guard it effectively.

If we are counting on Moose or Pero defensively this year we are in trouble. Moose gives us a little more with his length but Pero gives us a little more with his size and at least wearing down Nene. 

• Like 1

Wow, I'm wondering now about people who use "did you watch the game?!" as an argument. Apparently two people can see the same event but one can create an entirely different narrative from what actually occurred.

Wow, I'm wondering now whether you're familiar with politics :) 

Wow, I'm wondering now about people who use "did you watch the game?!" as an argument. Apparently two people can see the same event but one can create an entirely different narrative from what actually occurred.

Indeed.  See the bolded portion below.

This just did not happen.  It just ... did not happen.

I want Pero's spot upgraded as much as anybody but he just simply isn't a big part of why we've struggled.

Indeed. See the bolded portion below.

This just did not happen. It just ... did not happen.

I want Pero's spot upgraded as much as anybody but he just simply isn't a big part of why we've struggled.

If it did, he would be playing starters minutes.

And Pero in the playoffs has been good. He deserves more credit than is being given to him.

Well he's not missing bunnies at the rim nearly as often and is actually knocking down 3's at 39% in addition to doing what Pero does so it's definitely an improvement from the regular season. 

If we are counting on Moose or Pero defensively this year we are in trouble. Moose gives us a little more with his length but Pero gives us a little more with his size and at least wearing down Nene.

Moose has been pretty decent. He isn't great defensively but he held up a couple of times. He is a backup for a reason. He is a much better offensive player than Pero.