• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its Coaching..

willthepureshooter

I love the win but we're getting out coached. Whitman called the same exact play on the inbound. They scored on the 1st option and then again on the 2nd option. How as a coach do you not prepare your team for that play during timeout? It was completely embarrassing. Horford should've done a better job recognizing the play. I'm tired of the excuses. This guys letting Nene abuse him. Its sad. And where was Kyle Korvers brain tonight? Pero should be glued to the bench next game. Moose came in and did some quality work.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, the game I watched, our coaching was better for many moments.  I think we got a lot of bad calls against us... I hate listening to Brent Barry.  I am glad we're coming back to ATL.

Teague said it best... Aggressiveness.  Thanks NVE and Bibby.

Yep and yep.  It just feels like they want the wizards to win.  You can hear it in their voices.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I still have questions about Bud...He always preaches defense but down the stretch he puts offensive players in the game and when they don't hit shots, the other team mounts a comeback.  That 2 point guy lineup was getting torched by Beal down the stretch but Bud stuck with it and almost got burned again.

• Like 1

I love the win but we're getting out coached. Whitman called the same exact play on the inbound. They scored on the 1st option and then again on the 2nd option. How as a coach do you not prepare your team for that play during timeout? It was completely embarrassing. Horford should've done a better job recognizing the play. I'm tired of the excuses. This guys letting Nene abuse him. Its sad. And where was Kyle Korvers brain tonight? Pero should be glued to the bench next game. Moose came in and did some quality work.

Your hate really is clouding your judgement. The game I watched they targeted Moose every time he was in the game and scored at will on him. That's why he isn't getting more minutes. He needs another offseason hitting the weights and getting stronger, better defeinsively.

• Like 1

Your hate really is clouding your judgement. The game I watched they targeted Moose every time he was in the game and scored at will on him. That's why he isn't getting more minutes. He needs another offseason hitting the weights and getting stronger, better defeinsively.

Clearly you've been watching the box score. You're on your own with that statement.

From what I can see, 2 PG lineup with Teague and Dennis was EVEN on +/- tonight.  Good in the 1st half, bad in the 2nd half.

Bud's sub patterns were all over the place tonight.  Don't know if this is good or bad.  He subbed in somebody a whopping 31 TIMES!! 

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20150511&game=ATLWAS

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Scored at will? I'm thinking of at least 2-3 shots Gortat himself missed on Musky. Musky was better tonight than Pero.

• Like 1

They attacked Moose but they really weren't effective. He held up.

Scored at will? I'm thinking of at least 2-3 shots Gortat himself missed on Musky. Musky was better tonight than Pero.

Nene missed a couple as well.
  • Like 1

You can't possibly have seen on a boxscore nor not get nervous watching a guy get pushed underneath the basket each time he was posted or even flying back 6 feet when Will Bynum drove into his chest. Sure, some of those shots were misses but accrediting it to actual defense is a bit of a stretch. It's like the announcers crediting the Amazing Washington D! when the Hawks miss easy layups or open jumpers, it's being lazy or pushing an agenda.

I think the two guards is a good thing....when we are in aggressive mode. That is why it worked well in the 1st half. Where it doesn't work well is in the slow down and burn the clock mode (like the last 4 minutes). In that case, we don't actually use the multiple cuts to gain an advantage and thus only get the benefit of weaker defense.

I still have questions about Bud...He always preaches defense but down the stretch he puts offensive players in the game and when they don't hit shots, the other team mounts a comeback.  That 2 point guy lineup was getting torched by Beal down the stretch but Bud stuck with it and almost got burned again.

If Teague and Schröder hadn't been in the game at the same time, we would have had no offense at all down the stretch.  Al's jump shots were mostly the result of Teague's or Schröder's drives to the basket.

At this point in time, I'd rather see Teague & Schröder in the game together than either of them with Korver.  Washington has figured out how to neutralize Korver, and so far we've not found a way to turn it around.

I believe someone earlier this week summarized Antić pretty well.  I never had noticed so much before that he has terrible hands.  He cannot hold on to a rebound to save his life.  I much preferred seeing Muscala in versus Antić.

You guys over analyzying Coach Bud. Going waaay in depth when its not necessary. The MOMENT you see Pero Antić step foot on the floor, Bud has been outcoached................lmao

BealTight.gif

Pero is not the problem.  And, as MaceC mentions below, Musc hasn't been the end-all/be-all savior some folks are making him out to be.

He's active for sure, which everyone loves, so he commits errors of commission (which I don't mind).  But he's also been shown to be weak at the point of contact which will hurt us more than his other positives are helping.

You can't possibly have seen on a boxscore nor not get nervous watching a guy get pushed underneath the basket each time he was posted or even flying back 6 feet when Will Bynum drove into his chest. Sure, some of those shots were misses but accrediting it to actual defense is a bit of a stretch. It's like the announcers crediting the Amazing Washington D! when the Hawks miss easy layups or open jumpers, it's being lazy or pushing an agenda.

The announcer last night absolutely pissed me off with their constant cheering for the Zards.  I get it, they think Wall is cute with his little tight red pants and whatnot, but call the game evenly.

Pero is not the problem.  And, as MaceC mentions below, Musc hasn't been the end-all/be-all savior some folks are making him out to be.

He's active for sure, which everyone loves, so he commits errors of commission (which I don't mind).  But he's also been shown to be weak at the point of contact which will hurt us more than his other positives are helping.

The announcer last night absolutely pissed me off with their constant cheering for the Zards.  I get it, they think Wall is cute with his little tight red pants and whatnot, but call the game evenly.

My wife asked me last night if I didn't feel sorry for Wall being out due to injury.  I responded with a quick "no".  That clown suit takes away any possibility for pity.

• Like 2

• Moderators

If Teague and Schröder hadn't been in the game at the same time, we would have had no offense at all down the stretch.  Al's jump shots were mostly the result of Teague's or Schröder's drives to the basket.

At this point in time, I'd rather see Teague & Schröder in the game together than either of them with Korver.  Washington has figured out how to neutralize Korver, and so far we've not found a way to turn it around.

I believe someone earlier this week summarized Antić pretty well.  I never had noticed so much before that he has terrible hands.  He cannot hold on to a rebound to save his life.  I much preferred seeing Muscala in versus Antić.

Come on @Watchman.  You've been here long enough to know that even handed, intelligent observations won't fly.   You can't just say you 'much preferred seeing Muscala'.  You have to say the Antić is human garbage who does nothing well and we would have won 70 games if bud wasn't so stupid as to play him.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Imma say let's get off the anti Pero train.  he has been better offensively than we give him credit for and his defense isn't great but it's solid.   When you win by 5, and Pero hit a couple of threes, you don't say that he sucks.   He's no Millsap, but when he comes into the game, he's not losing everything for us either.

In the offseason, we address our need for a rim protecting big but for now, let's just work with what we got.

• Like 3

My wife asked me last night if I didn't feel sorry for Wall being out due to injury.  I responded with a quick "no".  That clown suit takes away any possibility for pity.

How you gonna hate on a man for having the mushroom belt, and mushroom lining on his jacket to match his mushroom shirt?  The secret is you got to cooooordinate. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viai9bgo5KM