• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks = Most Unwanted Finals Team.

Diesel

• Premium Member

As we claw and scratch our way towards the finals, I hear the media getting more and more anti-Hawk.  I believe that they would utterly reject a Hawks vs  Team X finals.

Either the Hawks vs. Golden State or the Hawks vs. Memphis would make the media...

headshot-300.jpg

• Admin

As we claw and scratch our way towards the finals, I hear the media getting more and more anti-Hawk.  I believe that they would utterly reject a Hawks vs  Team X finals.

Either the Hawks vs. Golden State or the Hawks vs. Memphis would make the media...

headshot-300.jpg

Hawks/Memphis would probably be the lowest rated finals in history 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think it's pretty clear that the media prefers the stars to the team oriented Hawks. On Sportscenter the playoffs conversation is:

1. LeBron

2. Rose and Butler

3. LA Clippers

4. Wall's hand

5. The Truth

6. Splash Bros

7. The Mask

The Hawks are only talked about when the conversation surrounds the Wizards. They'd hate for the Hawks to get to the finals.

Makes me want it even more.

5 star post.   That sums it up.

• Like 1

The media and the NBA CREATES interest in what people want to see. The average consumer has the thinking capacity of a rock, thus, the dumb downed sheeple obviously would want the latest  episode of the soap opera coming from the lebron james story, vs a story about a team that the NBA and media PURPOSELY doesnt give the same exposure.

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 2

Then again though, that's why if we want to increase our popularity, we actually NEED the Cavs in the ECF, so that the "team that nobody cares about", can become the darlings of Lebron haters everywhere by taking him down.

And we need the Clippers in the Finals for the same reason.

I'm hoping for that exact scenario. Take down LaBrawna in the ECFs. Then CP3(0), Mr. Kia, and almighty L.A. in the finals. That will be the reality pill that ESPeein' and the sheeple will have to swallow and thus accept. Against their will.

Edited by hazer

I think it's pretty clear that the media prefers the stars to the team oriented Hawks. On Sportscenter the playoffs conversation is:

1. LeBron

2. Rose and Butler

3. LA Clippers

4. Wall's hand

5. The Truth

6. Splash Bros

7. The Mask

The Hawks are only talked about when the conversation surrounds the Wizards. They'd hate for the Hawks to get to the finals.

Makes me want it even more.

Wait, you forgot Kyme's "injuries".  The media is pushing the "Ooh, him so couragous ..." agenda nonsense.

ETA: It has the added bonus of making LiiBron's "herculian" efforts all that more tantalizing.

Edited by kg01

lol. Sunday 2pm is such a great tv watching time. Especially in spring.

You mean 1 o'clock. The 2nd service at my church is at 11:15, who can make a 1 pm game? Good thing I go at 9:00am. Edited by JayBirdHawk