• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 5 (8 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

-Horford had that fire I've been looking for. Put the team on his shoulders tonight. Defense and offense. He looked very focused.

-We need more Moose. He wasn't getting any respect in the first half and he made them pay.

-Only gripe with Bud is not subbing out Korver sooner on the 2nd half. He had a ton of turnovers and was forcing plays/shots. His defense was alright but I still think he hurt us more overall being on the floor. Baze did a good job sticking Beal.

-The whole team played great D but Al really led the way.

-On top of Kyle, Paul had 6 TO and Teague 7. Such a sloppy game on offense and far from what I'm used to seeing. Need to clean that up.

-Where is Mike Scott? We could've used his offensive punch before we found ourselves down 10 late in the game.

-Lastly I admit I am one of those that turn the game off for a few minutes and did so when we were down. It just ain't good for my health. I know when I'm about to get real pissed so it's better I tune the Hawks out for a bit. Thankfully I felt better when I had a "woosah" moment and came back to the TV.

-Even though our offense has been pretty bad in the playoffs I keep thinking we will break through. At the end of the day though it's just that - the playoffs. The game changes, teams play better defense, and individuals have to step up. It was Al tonight. These close games are good for our confidence because we didn't have a lot of last second games like this during the regular season. Maybe not so good for my health....

• Like 4

-Horford had that fire I've been looking for. Put the team on his shoulders tonight. Defense and offense. He looked very focused.

-We need more Moose. He wasn't getting any respect in the first half and he made them pay.

-Only gripe with Bud is not subbing out Korver sooner on the 2nd half. He had a ton of turnovers and was forcing plays/shots. His defense was alright but I still think he hurt us more overall being on the floor. Baze did a good job sticking Beal.

-The whole team played great D but Al really led the way.

-On top of Kyle, Paul had 6 TO and Teague 7. Such a sloppy game on offense and far from what I'm used to seeing. Need to clean that up.

-Where is Mike Scott? We could've used his offensive punch before we found ourselves down 10 late in the game.

-Lastly I admit I am one of those that turn the game off for a few minutes and did so when we were down. It just ain't good for my health. I know when I'm about to get real pissed so it's better I tune the Hawks out for a bit. Thankfully I felt better when I had a "woosah" moment and came back to the TV.

-Even though our offense has been pretty bad in the playoffs I keep thinking we will break through. At the end of the day though it's just that - the playoffs. The game changes, teams play better defense, and individuals have to step up. It was Al tonight. These close games are good for our confidence because we didn't have a lot of last second games like this during the regular season. Maybe not so good for my health....

Not good for your health? I lost 5 years of my life in 5 minutes.

You make a good point. Denis sucked for a good part of this game.

Teague, Dennis , and Milsap about killed us with the turnovers.  Horford was the only one that shined tonight for pretty much the whole game.  Korver contributed some steals/rebounds but has to bring more next game. 

You make a good point. Denis sucked for a good part of this game.

Offensively he sucked at finishing and making a fistfull of bad decisions in a game that had good D and bad decisions written all over it. Not all was bad on offense though. He kept a good pace overall. Which in games like this prolly worth more from your PG position than a TO or two more or less, a few points more or less etc.

Defensively he prolly played the best game of his life and prolly the reason why he was out there till the end. And he was so from start to finishing the game. Doing great against Beal, nvm Sessions. On top he was in a multitude of superb recognised help situations, where he was a major irritant and caused many bad washington shots, or to steal some time so for instance Horford to come in and get the block.

• Like 1

And loved every second of it. Am I right?

Ya but after the game was over I felt drained, but had we lost I'm not sure just how much more drained I woulda felt. Emotional roller coaster.

• Premium Member

Wow! Great finish those last 5 or so minutes. They played like they really wanted it at that point. And horford, he took over and wanted it more than anyone else. Amazing win. The emotional roller coaster was intense I agree.

Saw that too and completely agree.

You can learn a lot from those little moments. I also noticed that most of the Wiz seemed stunned by Al's putback. Only Pierce alertly grabbed the ball and exhorted his guys to get down the court. He and Al knew the game wasn't over with 2 seconds to play. Yeah, he talks smack between whistles but he plays the game hard and has a clutch hand.

• Moderators

I was like....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  DA FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUK!?!?!?! lol

I bet you were like that both about the score and about the fact that you could have been watching the game streaming with your buddy instead of on gamecast the whole time!

• Like 1

I bet you were like that both about the score and about the fact that you could have been watching the game streaming with your buddy instead of on gamecast the whole time!

Right? I downloaded the TNT app and streamed the first 3 quarters since I wasn't home. App has horrible reviews but it worked flawlessly for me.

Not good for your health? I lost 5 years of my life in 5 minutes.

You and me both.  I think I got a year back with Al's putback but that still puts me down 4 years.

He always looks like a drunk Pug to me.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1431609943.629102.jpg

Yeah regular season Bud looks like a 5 beer drunk pug.  Playoff Bud looks like he's had about 8 beers and a couple shots of Rumple pug.

dogs-st-patricks-day-pug-drunk.jpg

• Like 2