Should Bud rest Jeff Teague Friday?

DJlaysitup

Bud has been a helluva coach this year.

I'm pretty sure that if Jeff was at full strength and athleticism he would have been out there with 8.3 seconds left.  Bud gave the play to the youngster who could physically attack the rim - 1st good, he makes it (nope)...2nd good, he gets fouled (nope)...3rd good, he puts the ball up there where our bigs (AL and Sap) can get it and stick it back or get fouled (YES!!).

But back to the premise of the post.

If Jeff is still struggling with his ankle "rollovers" why not just play Dennis and Mack at PG next game?  Mack isn't terrible and that would give Jeff's ankle four days' rest-recoop.  There is an off-day in between now anyway so I doubt extended minutes for Dennis would bother a young guy like that.

My meaning is - I think an effective Jeff Teague is very important to this team going forward this year.  It would be great to get a win at WWiz next game but it isn't really all-important strategically - and who knows if a rested Mack might not have one of his great games?

to_keep_order.gif

No way. The time for rest will be after we put away the Wiz. 

Actually there will NOT be time for rest after we put away the Wiz.

I don't know - it's just that if we can get back the aggressive Jeff we have a better chance.

You folks do know - as I'm sure you do - we COULD BEAT the Cavs and go to the NBA Finals against a team we actually match up pretty well against.

We could win this WHOLE THING.

Its the playoffs, every team want their players to be playing. I do still wish that Thabo was playing right now and helping his team in the playoffs. His perimeter defense  and his versatility make Hawks more of a threat.

The reason why Coach Bud been resting his starters a lot in the regular season, back to back games is because he wants them to be healthy and ready before playoff starts.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Okay...I guess my opinion wasn't popular.

No use in resting your All-Star PG with a bad ankle just to get him more healthy for the 7th game or games against the LeBrons....you phuckers are insane.

Totally insane.

OF COURSE you rest him.

Goddang morons...yes Jingles...I have to post with morons.

Meeeooow..

Edited by DJlaysitup

At this point you only rest a guy if there is a fear of further injury such as playing him in game 1 might cost him the ability to be able to play in games 2-4. You don't really care if the guy is not going to be as effective playing while injured but rather if you're going to lose him altogether. With the current stakes, 50% of a guy is preferred to 0% but if his play does end up amounting to close to 0% then at least you have the option of benching him rather than not having the option at all to see what he can give if he's in street clothes.

• Like 1

Away game in a series going about 50/50 each game...

If we lose that game, its another prolly 50/50 game at home, winning or saying good bye to the stellar 2014/2015 season where we have yet to peak in the playoffs.

Maybe game one away somewhere, but this is not the time.