• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 6 (7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 2

I still can't believe it man. I really can't. It's so hard being a fan of Atlanta/Georgia sports...just hard...I said we would win 50 games before the season on Twitter and got laughed at...I said we would make the ECF and got laughed at..and to finally see it happen and stick it to them feels so good.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sorry if this note is a duplicate, but we've handed the "Longest ECF Drought" label to the Wizards (36 seasons). It will become the "Longest Conference Finals Drought in the Whole NBA" if the Buffalo Braves/Los Angeles Clippers win on Sunday.

~lw3 

What a Game to end this series. 3 straight wins to send the Wiz home, with 2 road wins.

1. Star of the show D M Ceeeeeee. Followed by Millsap and Teague who had bounce back games from G5. Sap lead us in the 1st half with Teague bringing it in the 4th quarter - wow just wow. That double fake by Jeff in the the quarter was hilarious and sweet. The last two baskets of the series executed just like Coach Bud drew it uo PnR with Horford with Teague ready for a cutting DMC. How ironic is it that the last 2 plays were right at the rim when all we hear is 'jump shooting team'

2. Al with only 9 shot attempts but 2 HUGE blocks late in the 4th.

3. Kyle still struggling on offense, even missing his freethrow but 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. He might be our team leading shit blocker in the playoffs. I really appreciate the other things that Kyle is doing despite his offensive struggles. I've seen many players who quit playing when their offense folds. He's still going hard. I'm really hoping he gets it going next series.

4. Dennis - 4 assists, 3 steals and more importantly 1 turnover. What a difference a year has made in his development.

5. Bazemore, the only play I remember was in the final minute when he played stellar defense on Beal denying him the pass from Nene which forced Nene to make that ugly drive to the basket, lol.

6. Pero - 4 minutes

7. Muscala - He is growing every game, I think we will need his energy and activity next game against Thompson.

CONGRATS HAWKS!!!! ECF ECF ECF!!!

Now let's get to the Finals and WIN!!!!!

I was there! The guy in front of me stood up and clapped every single time the Wizards made a shot, free throws included. Otherwise, it was an awesome (awesome, awesome) night.

Nice to see the Squawk had a rep in the house, couldn't have done it without you. Where the Hell you been at, Mario?!

Auto correct awesomeness @JayBirdHawk :). I think this should be Kyle ' s new nickname. Scrap ThreeZeus and enter Lead Shit Blocker.

I was gonna quote that but I figured I'd pass it off. In a crazy way the name fits. As a guy who still says "gosh darn it," I'm guessing he prefers "Shoot Blocker." Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Nice group photo.

Wish Thabo were in it. Bud or an assistant probably took it, he should be in it too.

Many teams fake like they like each other, this team is all organic. We have developed a concrete team identity even with a diverse mixture of personalities:

Kyle probably talks more than anyone else

Jeff surely talks the least

Dennis is an a$$hole, but in a good way

DeMarre is a country tough

Moose, Baze, and Mike are clowns

Mix all that in with the rest who are even-keel, regular good dudes, and somehow it all works seamlessly.

Edited by benhillboy

Charles Oakley was asked the age-old question, "Don't you still think they need a superstar 'er' go-to guy, blah, blah, blah ..."

Oak says STTE, "Folks keep saying it but they just keep winning.  At some point we need to give them credit for what they're doing ...
"

Also said Nene was awful.  "He wasn't scarin' nobody out there ... 'cept maybe his girlfriend (with that stupid haircut)" or STTE

Amazing how some of the regulars haven't posted after last night. I always thought some people prefer the Hawks to suck because they prefer the misery. Haven't been proven wrong yet.................................

• Like 3