• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Cavs Prediction?

BraveSeminole

I have watched all the cav's games this playoff's and they are very scary, i'm not very confident against that team especially if kyrie will be healthier it will be very hard to stop him and lebron =(, but possible if everybody gives 110%!

we did struggle against's brooklyn and wiz at times especially offensively, that cannot happen against the cavs.

and we were a bit lucky when john wall broke his hand that series was not looking good for us before he went out. but we grinded and still closed it out on that last second.

the biggest's advantage we have is spurs style coaching and team play, but i'm worried if stuff start's getting rough and shots are not falling and we get in a hole.... we have no clear go to guy to get us out of it, people forget the spurs have 3 hall of famers with ice in their veins that they could go to when sh*ts hits the fan, who is our 911 guy? I hope everybody lol! maybe korver will light it up after struggling vs the wizards?

I'm very very nervous I really wanted to play the bulls since they match up better with us, but hey its still possible we just have to play amazing for full 48 minutes and not get our heads down if shit hits the fans

Post season stats: 

Atlanta

Offensive Rating: 102.0 (9)

Defensive Rating: 98.2 (2)

Net Rating: 3.9 (4)

Cleveland

Offensive Rating: 108.2 (1)

Defensive Rating: 98.8 (T-4)

Net Rating: 9.5 (1)

Edited by lethalweapon3
a couple minor edits... thanks for your First Take! :)

With a game every other day for two weeks, the longer this series goes, it favors the Hawks. All sorts of Cavs are nursing minor injuries and with no time to recover between games, advantage to the relatively healthy Hawks. Maybe Coach Bud's constant (and controversial) resting of players in the regular season may have a big impact in this series.

• Moderators

Lol

You guys are funny thinking Hawks in 5 or 6 against the best player in the world & the second best player on the court.

How can Lebron be the best player in the world but only second best on the court?  Makes no sense.  Teague is awesome though.

• Premium Member

If you think the Hawks are going to sweep..............well thats just wishful thinking.   I dont think we want to get into a game 7 even at Phillips because if we do Lebron will beat us on his own.   In addition we definitely dont have anyone to guard Kyrie if hes healthy.  

• Moderators

If you think the Hawks are going to sweep..............well thats just wishful thinking.   I dont think we want to get into a game 7 even at Phillips because if we do Lebron will beat us on his own.   In addition we definitely dont have anyone to guard Kyrie if hes healthy.  

Last time we played them Kyrie had 20/4 in 42 minutes.   Dennis had 15/8 in 24 minutes.   I'm sure Kyrie will have some big scoring games but who's gonna stop Teague and Dennis on the other end?

How can Lebron be the best player in the world but only second best on the court?  Makes no sense.  Teague is awesome though.

We have the best 2 players on the court. Just be ready to watch Kyrie amaze you. Cavs in 5 or 6.

• Premium Member

The Hawks were really playing well when we won against them, we have not played very well in the playoffs.  The playoffs are a different animal and as everyone knows we have just barely one our series.  Cleveland basically took Chicago apart with the exception of a game or 2.

Go Hawks!

Edited by Vol4ever

We have the best 2 players on the court. Just be ready to watch Kyrie amaze you. Cavs in 5 or 6.

Means nothing. 5 great players that play well together >>> Two best players on court.

Hawks in 5 or 6. Also don't be surprised if Teague has better series than Irving(healthy or not).

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm waiting for Cavs fans to come on here telling us how Blatt > Bud next.  Can't wait to see Irving try to stay in front of Teague and Dennis.

Hawks in 7 with at least one game going to Cleveland through superstar calls.

• Like 1

• Moderators

All taunting aside it is a really great matchup.  It will help shed light on if there is really a new nba where a balanced team can win or if superstars will still trump that in the end.   Kyrie and Lebron are great players but I think the Hawks can exploit Kyrie's defense, especially with him a step slower because of injuries.   The Hawks will have to get much better guard play.   Let's face it the Cavs are a LOT better than the Wiz so we've got to exploit our favorable matchups better than we did last series.

Means nothing. 5 great players that play well together >>> Two best players on court.

Hawks in 5 or 6. Also don't be surprised if Teague has better series than Irving(healthy or not).

Lmfao an injured kyrie >> Teague. Talk when teague wins fiba mvp & allstar MVP. Oh and btw JR IMAN TT & delly gonna outwork all your role players

• Moderators

Lmfao an injured kyrie >> Teague. Talk when teague wins fiba mvp & allstar MVP. Oh and btw JR IMAN TT & delly gonna outwork all your role players

For their careers, head to head:

Teague

17.9 ppg

.551 FG%

7.2 apg

2.5 topg

Irving

23.2 ppg

.513 FG%

5.9 apg

3.6 topg

So basically Irving has shot more.

Teague has shot better, passed better and handled the ball better.

Teague 9 wins, 2 losses

Irving 2 wins, 9 losses

Those are facts, not delusions.

• Like 2