• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Cavs Prediction?

BraveSeminole

Road teams in this year's playoffs are 6 - 0 in Game 6.  Hawks have 2 of those 6 wins.

Hawks in 5

Hawks in 6

Or

Cavs in 7 ... on a JR Smith buzzer bearer via a LeBron assist.

I truly think the Hawks have a great chance of taking them out early.  But if it goes 7 games, that's to our disadvantage.

• Like 1

Cavs in 7. Teague has been too inconsistent in his performances, especially defense. LeBron will be able to get anywhere on the floor he wants to with Thabo gone. I think the Kyrie and LeBron injury reports are fodder and they're both fine. I will re-assess after game one.

Hawks to win must bring their A game. Cut down the blasted turnovers, KK needs to show up, play smart basketball. Each round gets harder and this will be a different Cavs team compared to the reg season. Have to have a decent lead going into 4 minutes or under in the game since the Cavs have a number of pressure players who step up during the final minutes. Hawks players many times seemed to be hesitate to shoot the ball.Got to play smart basketball or Cleveland will make you pay.

I am tired of seeing ESPN showing Lebron about every time they talk about the series. This is a chance for the nonsuperstar team the Hawks to show the NBA that you don't have to have a superstar to win. ESPN also talks about Stephen Curry alot gets tiring. Both Lebron and Curry are great players but give the rest of the team some props.    

• Premium Member

The Hawks were beating themselves in the Washington series.  At the absolutely worst times, we would go cold, throw the ball away, or just throw up ridiculous and pointless shots.  It's actually a statement that we won that series despite the refs trying their hardest to give the Wiz a shot and us playing like utter shit.

Biggest thing in this series is making shots.  Plain and simple.  We go cold, we lose.  The Cavs will make shots...even if LeBron has to do it alone over 48 minutes.  Those open shots have to go down.  Secondly, we have to take care of the ball..  If we're missing the same shots we missed last series AND we throw the ball away, we are DONE.

Lastly, we just need to play defense.  Not suffocating, legendary defense...just the same things that got us here.  If we do that, take care of the ball, and just knock down the open shots...we will waltz into the finals.

• Like 2

The Hawks were beating themselves in the Washington series.  At the absolutely worst times, we would go cold, throw the ball away, or just throw up ridiculous and pointless shots.  It's actually a statement that we won that series despite the refs trying their hardest to give the Wiz a shot and us playing like utter shit.

Biggest thing in this series is making shots.  Plain and simple.  We go cold, we lose.  The Cavs will make shots...even if LeBron has to do it alone over 48 minutes.  Those open shots have to go down.  Secondly, we have to take care of the ball..  If we're missing the same shots we missed last series AND we throw the ball away, we are DONE.

Lastly, we just need to play defense.  Not suffocating, legendary defense...just the same things that got us here.  If we do that, take care of the ball, and just knock down the open shots...we will waltz into the finals.

They've been beating themselves in the first two series quite often. I don't see why that would change now.

• Like 1

Hawks in 6.

6-6-6 not sure if I like that in succession but whatever gets us to the Finals.

Just throw some Mosesese on it like his "fo, fo, fo" and call it "si, si, si". Al would love that.

Have the janitor turn up the heat in Phillips and we are bound to have a "LeCramp" game or two. Just tell Koonin to lay off the red Sunday church fans promotion so as to not arouse suspicion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I see a lot of "I'm afraid of Lebron" post here and I don't quite know why.  It is if no one here has seen Lebron play in this year's playoffs.  The reality is that Lebron has become a worse jump shooter than John Wall and if you keep him out of the paint, he becomes a very inefficient player which is quite different than years past.  The player to worry about is Kyrie Irving if healthy who is far superior to Lebron offensively.  If he is banged up for the series, we win easily regardless of how we play.  If not, we will have to regain our regular season form to beat them.  Tristian Thompson will not dominate the boards like he did against the Bulls becasue of a much improved Al Horford and Mosgov will be a non-factor as usual.  Our point guard should have a field day and we should get more open shots than we did in the Wizard series.  Therefore I am definitely predicting a series win for the Hawks.

• Like 1

Lebron James vs Atl this season  with Love and Irving

23.67 ppg, 5.67 apg, 5 rpg, 4.67 to/g

ATL record 3 and 1.

James gets his but is a turnover machine vs Atlanta.  Carroll and Millsap are excellent defenders against James (as good as anyone is anyway).

Atlanta in 5.

I was afraid of this matchup all season long and after the rough series vs nets and wiz I was afraid even more.

But after some days to think about it and after reading this topic on Cavs forum I feel a lot better about this upcoming ECF.

Some of the posters there are flat out ignorant and arrogant, they give me the hope that we get underestimated again, what would be a blessing if it could be planted in Cavs-players mind's.

But there are some interesting thoughts about this matchup too which made me feel better. 

They know that Irving isn't a reliable defender and that's why some think about Shump on Teague and "hiding" Kyrie at Korver. Lol, if Korver starts to hit again a defender like Irving (who the Cavs fans believe at 60%) may be the best case for us. Some guys over there recognized that they need to stop Jeff and Dennis from driving and kicking, but I don't see how they want to do that, yet. And YJD seems to be underestimated too.

All together my guess is Hawks in 6 or 7. But I think we have to win that 1st two home games what would put an enormous pressure on them since everybody seems to expect them to win in 4 or 5, otherwise I can't really imagine how we would turn around this one.

What Im trying not to say, because I hope no one will notice it, is that the last few games we more and more played those Hawks signature plays in portions troughout the game. I think we will slowly start to peak at the right times.