• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for the people in favor of bringing the same team back...

NineOhTheRino

besides what do you think any of these 3 guys combined will bring in return - theres no real market for Pero or Brand, and Mike Scott aint gonna bring you that much either. I want someone thats gonna push Al over and start at center.

I said decent average C not a superstar talented C. 

If you want a superstar talented C caliber, where you gonna put him in the starter position? Who's role he has to take over? Millsap? 

You said you want to trade Teague for a Talented C, If you do that There's no point guard in the team, If you want the talented C in the starter position. Also, you just said you want to push Al horford to the C spot. Im confused..

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

honestly I would be shocked if we made the ECF again if we kept this same team. We were lucky to have the easiest 1st round and 2nd round match ups while having home court advantage and we still struggled to beat those teams. Once we faced our 1st elite team we got absolutely annihilated and looked like we didnt even belong there.

• Premium Member

I hate to say it but having both Teague and Dennis is a luxury. It may be time to trade Jeff and stick with the cheaper option . Letting Dennis run the team gets him playoff ready and clears cahs off the books where we can get a bog center in return.

I'm a big Schröder fan but I don't think this is the year we get rid of Teague and let him start. Teague is one of the best bargains in the league and seems to fit more into our "move the ball" offense . Schröder is a great passer and driver, but I don't think he has learned how to run our offense--yet. Being able to make a great pass and knowing when to pass are two separate things.

• Like 2

So you think getting rid of jeff and moving Al to PF will solve our supposed scoring problem. I hate to tell you but jeff will always be a better scorer than Al whether he is at PF or C. This scenario involves moving sap and sap and jeff were two of our only three players that could score on their own.

Al has had to match up with bigger guys his whole  career . Watch his ppg rise if he doesnt have to wear himself out every game.

I said decent average C not a superstar talented C. 

If you want a superstar talented C caliber, where you gonna put him in the starter position? Who's role he has to take over? Millsap? 

You said you want to trade Teague for a Talented C, If you do that There's no point guard in the team, If you want the talented C in the starter position. Also, you just said you want to push Al horford to the C spot. Im confused..

you aint gonna get  a superstar for Jeff - but you can get an all star caliber player that can score when needed and help shut down the inside. We need someone thats gonna fit the system and the system doesnt all for a superstar.

Al has had to match up with bigger guys his whole  career . Watch his ppg rise if he doesnt have to wear himself out every game.

I think it would be the opposite actually.  I see it as AL has had the luxury of being matched up with big guys for his entire career, when considering offense.  Al lives and dies by the midrange jumper and those big guys have a tough time getting out to Al in time.  Put a quicker PF on Al and that midrange shot won't be open as often and Al hasn't shown me anything that would lead me to believe that he can take a quicker PF off the dribble.  He has next to know post moves.  

How will he be able to score more on a PF than a C?

• Like 1

honestly I would be shocked if we made the ECF again if we kept this same team. We were lucky to have the easiest 1st round and 2nd round match ups while having home court advantage and we still struggled to beat those teams. Once we faced our 1st elite team we got absolutely annihilated and looked like we didnt even belong there.

We were hurt the whole time.  Let's see how this team can perform when healthy before being so quick to write them off.  

Thabo was out the whole time

Millsap had a bad shoulder

Horford dislocated his finger in the first quarter of game 1 of the playoffs

Teague rolled his ankle in game 6 of round 1 and game 1 of round 2

Scott was never the same after he took that hard fall at the end of the postseason.  What'd he shoot, like 10% from 3?

• Like 1

I'm a big Schröder fan but I don't think this is the year we get rid of Teague and let him start. Teague is one of the best bargains in the league and seems to fit more into our "move the ball" offense . Schröder is a great passer and driver, but I don't think he has learned how to run our offense--yet. Being able to make a great pass and knowing when to pass are two separate things.

WE got some hard choices to make - Dennis upped his game big time over last year so Im thinkingwith a little more seasoning he could do even more  Point is we know where we couldnt compete and that rebounding the ball. I love Jeff but in order to get better we have to look hard at what we have - I personally think Dennis can handle it. 

Its possible we dont make a move until after Christmas - play the first part of the season and see what we have and what we need. BTW AL needs to move to PF. Im bettin ghis ppg goes up with the move.

I think it would be the opposite actually.  I see it as AL has had the luxury of being matched up with big guys for his entire career, when considering offense.  Al lives and dies by the midrange jumper and those big guys have a tough time getting out to Al in time.  Put a quicker PF on Al and that midrange shot won't be open as often and Al hasn't shown me anything that would lead me to believe that he can take a quicker PF off the dribble.  He has next to know post moves.  

How will he be able to score more on a PF than a C?

I think he wont be as worn down through the season . At any rate I dont think Al at center is going to be the answer for our rebounding issues.

you aint gonna get  a superstar for Jeff - but you can get an all star caliber player that can score when needed and help shut down the inside. We need someone thats gonna fit the system and the system doesnt all for a superstar.

Okay let's say you want to trade teague for an all star C caliber. My question is which you haven't answered.. Where you gonna put the all star C caliber in the starter position? Which role and hawk starter will he take over?

Same role as any other player this year - continue to play team ball , spread the floor and hit the open man. I guess are you asking if his role should change to scorer ??? I dont really want to see that happen HOWEVER I do want players that are capable to respond if called on. The primary role would be to eliminate second chance rebounds and score if open.

Maybe Teague. Scott. Antić. A Draft Pick. Another piece.

To Detroit for Jennings and Monroe? Maybe Detroit bites? Reggie Jackson looks like the guy goin forward there in Detroit and Monroe clearly wants out.

Same role as any other player this year - continue to play team ball , spread the floor and hit the open man. I guess are you asking if his role should change to scorer ??? I dont really want to see that happen HOWEVER I do want players that are capable to respond if called on. The primary role would be to eliminate second chance rebounds and score if open.

What im saying is who is he gonna replace in the starter position? im not talking about coming off from the bench, im talking about the starting line up.

To Detroit for Jennings and Monroe? Maybe Detroit bites? Reggie Jackson looks like the guy goin forward there in Detroit and Monroe clearly wants out.

Teague will stay, im sure of that. Pero, Scott, and Elton brand are the ones who will most likely to get traded and let go.

The main focus is getting Center for the team, but who knows what hawks will do in the offseason.

We can all talk day who we want trade here in the forums and share each other opinions, but at the end of the day Hawks organization are the only ones  can decide and have the power to choose what's best for their team.

• Premium Member

While there were injuries, you can't blame that totally for the struggles. Injuries are not the reason the Hawks were getting mauled on the boards in the ECF. That said, I think Sap and DMC will be back. But I don't see a front court of Sap and Horford getting this team to the Finals. Just too small.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I follow the Pistons somewhat because I'm up here, I'd hate to see Brandon Jennings as a Hawk. Monroe isn't restricted so we can just sign him without worrying about the Pistons matching. Even if you were thinking sign and trade I'm not sure why or how we would do that deal.

Hoping jmac isn't Grant Hill.

I follow the Pistons somewhat because I'm up here, I'd hate to see Brandon Jennings as a Hawk. Monroe isn't restricted so we can just sign him without worrying about the Pistons matching. Even if you were thinking sign and trade I'm not sure why or how we would do that deal.

• Like 1

What im saying is who is he gonna replace in the starter position? im not talking about coming off from the bench, im talking about the starting line up.

DMC or Milsap  is probably gone to be honest.  If we can resign DMC he comes off the bench.