• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Brand have helped slow down LBJ?

Watchman

I wondered why we did not let Brand cover LBJ during the championship series.  Brand is about the same size as LeBron.  Is he too slow to do that?  Is he too much of a liability on offense?  What do you all think?

Edited by Watchman

I'm just saying that if LeBron had attempted to pick up a blocking foul on Brand, he might have gotten the call, but he would have felt the repercussions  of his "decision".  He'd be walkin' funny for a few days.

• Like 1

To answer your question yes and no. I think brand is just as powerful and wouldn't have been backed down so easily but lebron would have just ran around him until the matchup switched.

Also I got to give lebron props he never posted us up in the regular season so we didn't see all the versatile scoring he was capable of. In other words I don't believe bud prepared the Hawks for lebron post up game. Lebron knew Carroll could stay with him but he could over power him. Lebron knew Millsap was too slow for him and he could get his jumper off at any time or just run around him. Lebron knew sefelosha was hurt and that we had no defenders with decent size to come in after Carroll to help cover him.

We weren't going to stop lebron anyways but the plan was to make shots hard for him and often which the Hawks didn't do the whole series. Game 3 lebron was just missing more so on his own mistakes rather than what we were doing.

If lebron had took more jumpshots tge series would probably had gone to 6 or 7

I think Bud saw during mid season Brand's patented free throw jumper was pathetic. He was always leaving it short and sparking a fast break on the other end. Can't have that. It takes a fully healthy top-notch team defense (like we had in January) to slow LeBron anyway, if that.