Really believe that we have to drop out of the draft.

Diesel

• Moderators

I agree, all things being equal. What makes this situation a bit different to me is that I see a talent plateau where we're currently situated, and do ourselves no favors to stay at this slot when we could both save a few hundred thousand dollars and also acquire some other asset.

That is what makes keeping the pick all the more important.  This is the same pick and situation the Spurs were in when they dealt George Hill for a rookie.  That draft pick represents the best chance we have a getting a game changing talent.  Not free agency or trade.

• Premium Member

a message board post?!? 

Like I said, NBATV's  mock draft said this very same thing.   You don't have to believe anybody.   Just pointed out what has been said.

Turner’s underwhelming freshman season for a disappointing Texas team has also troubled some scouts. Turner was considered a key recruiting piece for former Longhorns coach Rick Barnes. Turner failed to meet oversized expectations, averaging 10.1 points and 6.5 rebounds.

In his final eight games, with six against NCAA Tournament selections, Turner averaged 5.6 points and shot 36.7 percent. In the opening NCAA loss to Butler, Turner had just two points in 16 minutes, shooting 1 of 5.

Barnes defended Turner throughout the season, several times noting the pressure the teen had faced. Conversely, ESPN analyst Jay Bilas said he had questions on a conference call this week.

“One of the concerns I have with Turner is his best performances were against the worst teams that Texas played, and I’ve done all the numbers on it,” Bilas said. “I mean, his numbers are great against nonBCS conference teams. They drop against BCS conference teams, and they drop even further against BCS conference teams that are over .500.”

Cleveland, with "The King" can sign anyone that they want to and they will

take whatever Cleveland offers just to play with Bron.

Now, if their real contract says that Cleveland is paying $4 Mil per year to a player,

does this mean that $4 Mil is all that he gets?  Heck no.  There are a lot of extra

benefits because you're playing with "The King" and if you're featured in a commercial

which stars Bron, any and all that $$$ doesn't count as salary.

Not saying that anything like that ever happens.  We know t doesn't.  But, still we wonder

just how things work behind closed doors and under the table, don't we!