• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reported trade from ESPN

Hairydawgz

Trading within your division is stupid. Trading with a team in your division who you just battled for six games is beyond stupid.

Welcome to the Bud era of player movement.

• Premium Member

2nd round picks are more like 7th round picks in the NFL. It is rare you get one that makes any impact.

The only reason I can think we made this trade was to lower the rookie contract for the cap to try and maybe sign someone as a FA

Keep in mind that the pick has financial ramifications as well.  Dropping to the 19th pick could get the player that they really want for less money.  That could make it easier to sign free agents.  I was personally happy with the Oubre pick though.

It's gonna be RHJ. Did you see his face when Hawks picked Oubre? He looked confused, as in "Dafuq?" Then the trade came. Hawks take Jefferson with the 19th pick. I call it!

Damn, I really like Oubre. But what's done is done. Just hope we don't regret this.

Cheap ass ownership... right.  Whatever.  We won 60 games last season with everyone complaining that the ownership was cheap for years.  I'll take that all day.  How did the "non-cheap ass" teams do?  Nets, Lakers, Knicks, etc.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

2nd round picks are more like 7th round picks in the NFL. It is rare you get one that makes any impact.

The only reason I can think we made this trade was to lower the rookie contract for the cap to try and maybe sign someone as a FA

Mike Scott, Muscala and the potential of Edy. We have actually excelled with our second round picks.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trade until I see what we get but I'm sure there is a plan.