• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The hardaway trade was for getting a sixth man

tdawg2617

We need to get deeper and younger. Thabo and Korver are not spring chickens; so if Hardaway ends up being a sixth man or a starter, one small step accomplished.

Edited by Buzzard

He only just finished his second season ... working with our staff his shot selection might really improve.  He is very early in his career and still at the point where he will learn a lot.  He has proven that he can hit the three almost 1.7 a game at .342 which is a pretty good percentage.  He can also handle the ball well which is a plus.

Being in that mess of situation in NY will have a negative impact on any player.

The biggest thing that he will need work on is his D.  Hopfully our guys will rub off on him.  I have a feeling if he doesn't play D he doesn't see PT.  That will encourage him.

He will be coached and nothing about him says bad apple or malcontent. That's pretty good IMO considering the situation he was in with New York.

Here is a decent article on him and how he handled, sometimes good and bad, last seasons disaster in N.Y.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/24/what-the-knicks-think-of-tim-hardaway-jr-after-his-strong-finish/

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

• Admin

He will be coached and nothing about him says bad apple or malcontent. That's pretty good IMO considering the situation he was in with New York.

Here is a decent article on him and how he handled, sometimes good and bad, last seasons disaster in N.Y.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/24/what-the-knicks-think-of-tim-hardaway-jr-after-his-strong-finish/

He is not the first player to struggle with the Triangle and NY was an absolute mess

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt

He is not the first player to struggle with the Triangle and NY was an absolute mess

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt

A triangle offense needs unselfish passers at more than one position. The Knicks were a joke when it came to sharing the basketball. They were running a triangle offense with Melo and JR Smith handling the ball in their half court sets 50% of the time. Enough said lol.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I think THj is a solid pickup.  He's not what I hoped for with 15th pick but the guy can play.  We needed a young, athletic slasher/finisher with size capable of knocking down 3s (besides Baze).  Now he's surrounded by mature, savvy vets. I think he'll be an asset and eventually get starter's minutes.

• Premium Member

A comment from another blog that is appropriate,

Giving a draft grade right now is like grading a house builder after the foundation is poured. Kinda silly when you don't know what the final product is going to look like when completed. 

The next season begins on July 1 with the free agents.  Let's wait and see how that turns out.  By itself, this deal provides a known commodity over a prospect.  We don't know at this time how this will turn out.

• Like 3

A comment from another blog that is appropriate,

Giving a draft grade right now is like grading a house builder after the foundation is poured. Kinda silly when you don't know what the final product is going to look like when completed. 

The next season begins on July 1 with the free agents.  Let's wait and see how that turns out.  By itself, this deal provides a known commodity over a prospect.  We don't know at this time how this will turn out.

Very true, its just a hype machine to get the news media rolling. The chances are good that a 2nd round pick will end up being better or at least equal to anyone taken from 15 on down in the 1st round.

He does offer a few things no one else does.  Having lived in NY for a couple of years, he will know which bars to avoid and probably know where the really dangerous NYPD cops hang out looking to break some legs.  Should keep our guys out of trouble.

• Like 3

He does offer a few things no one else does.  Having lived in NY for a couple of years, he will know which bars to avoid and probably know where the really dangerous NYPD cops hang out looking to break some legs.  Should keep our guys out of trouble.

Yeah , THJ prefers to cause trouble in the locker room instead of the streets.

What does the acquisition of Hardaway say about the coaching staff's faith in Bazemore?

Seems he will fall off the radar, minutes-wise, with this trade.

What does the acquisition of Hardaway say about the coaching staff's faith in Bazemore?

Seems he will fall off the radar, minutes-wise, with this trade.

I'm not sure, Bazemore knows his role and the only reason he got so many minutes in the first place was injuries. Baze is still that wing defender energy guy off the bench. In his post season interview he said that his game is still only athleticism. He'd be the first to tell you he is far from a starter. 

Budenholzer said. "When we get him into our developmental program and working with our coaches and around our players, we think he is going to grow and prosper here."

Grant Hill:  We got a young player that has experience that can get better. 

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

For 1.3 mill. We paid thabo 4mill for his defense and now we pay 1.3mill for hardaways' offense off the bench. I liked Portis There but oh well.

It may be more than that.

I don't think Thabo or Korver will be 100% in november.  THJr and Bazemore get an opportunity to prove their worth.  Sure when those other guys get back, we defer to them as starters but let's see what the young guys do.