• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators

@jy23 and others, if you need to clean up your message box, click your message icon at the top of the page, then click on "View All Messages". Check the boxes on the right for the PMs you wish to discard, then select Delete at the bottom-right drop-down and the "Go" button to get rid of them. If your mailbox is full, you'll probably want to Delete at least 15 messages.

~lw3

I am rolling with JAMES HARDEN. Write up later, on the road right now

• Moderators

I am rolling with JAMES HARDEN. Write up later, on the road right now

Make sure you clear some of your inbox so you can get the messages on this going forward.  

Harden should continue to be an offensive beast for quite some time!

With the 7th pick in the 2015 Hawks Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Negative Nancy's select.  Blake Griffin power forward from Oklahoma.  

At only 26 years old, Blake will be a cornerstone of our franchise.  He can do it all.  He continues to get better each season.  He is a freakish athlete and he's just now harnessing all of his skills and becoming a mega star in the league.  His range continues to get better with the passing of each calendar year.  He was a force in the 2015 playoffs and we expect a performance like that from him every night out.  Aside from all of his basketball skills, Blake is also a fantastic actor.  His purchase of new Kia vehicles will go a long ways in winning his teammates over.  Needless to say Blake is ready to carry his team and anything else to championship....

blake-wolf.jpg

@Spud2Nique is on the clock and has been informed of this via a secret message.

• Like 1

Spud2Nique is now fielding offers for the #8 overall pick in the 2015 Squawk Dynasty draft until 11:59pm EST. Please PM me if you may have an offer for the pick.

With the 8th pick in the 2015 Summer Squawk Dynasty draft, the Spud2Nique Slammas select:

KAWHI LEONARD

http://i.imgur.com/CbRtxN0.jpg

http://youtu.be/aMghmTiPgOA

There is no secret that I (well, @JayBirdHawk),and I have a serious man (and lady respectively...) crush on the player affectionately nicknamed, THE CLAW. Despite being the 3rd small forward taken in this draft (Lebron&KD), I strongly feel that we have yet to see the best from Kawhi Leonard. After seeing him play at SDSU in person, I had a feeling this kid was special, I guess I didn't know he would be as special as he has been and will be in the future.

In 4 NBA seasons, Kawhi has improved his numbers each and every year in the league. In 2012, he was named to the all rookie first team. In 2014, he was named to the all NBA defensive first team. Also in 2014 he won a ring with the Spurs and was named the NBA finals MVP. Winning the MVP in your 3rd year is a big deal considering there are 3 future Hall of Famers on your team. Oh by the way, if this resume isn't enough, he won the NBA defensive player of the year in 2015, becoming the first perimeter Defensive player of the year since Ron Artest in 2004. In doing so, he became only the 3rd player in NBA history to win Defensive player of the year and Finals MVP (Jordan, Hakeem).

Leonard can operate out of the post, in transition, or off the dribble. A 2 way player who wants it badly by coming in early and staying late, he sets an example for his teammates with his hard work ethic both on and off the court. He is the face of the Spurs franchise and now for the Slammas. To start my new franchise with this prototypical 6'7 230 pound small forward with 9.75 inch hands is the best move that I could have made as a GM. I'm looking forward to winning many more championships with this humble, unselfish, hard working and special individual.

NBA player comparison from the past: Scottie Pippen

Ps Did I mention he can play the 2,3 and 4 positions on my squad?

@JayBirdHawk

@JETSET you are on the clock...

Edited by Spud2Nique