• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

Building around Westbrook is gonna be the focus of my next few picks. A pick and pop PF who can space the floor for Russell is key, with that in mind, The Fighting Jandros select: Paul Millsap.

Gonna use him much like the Hawks do, plenty of high pick-n-roll/pop situations with a few wing post-ups/isos. Plenty of wide open layups for Russ like so.

yoJC2uDdYL11AnBc9q.gif

Switch off on Russ and Millsap is more than capable of finishing at the rim.

tumblr_no8vhf1A8Z1s3gys4o1_400.gifmillsapd.gif

@Nicholasp27 has been pm'd.

• Like 2

Curse you! dwarf.gif  What happened to you picking Michigan State players.

Oh I am sure I will have a couple six on my team when we are finished.

• Like 1

Building around Westbrook is gonna be the focus of my next few picks. A pick and pop PF who can space the floor for Russell is key, with that in mind, The Fighting Jandros select: Paul Millsap.

Gonna use him much like the Hawks do, plenty of high pick-n-roll/pop situations with a few wing post-ups/isos. Plenty of wide open layups for Russ like so.

yoJC2uDdYL11AnBc9q.gif

Switch off on Russ and Millsap is more than capable of finishing at the rim.

tumblr_no8vhf1A8Z1s3gys4o1_400.gifmillsapd.gif

@Nicholasp27 has been pm'd.

Take my name and my power forward.. Smh

• Like 1

One more hour left on the ticker for @Nicholasp27! Everybody, remember to check in at least every four hours during the daily draft-time window, as things can go from 0 to 60 quickly!

~lw3

We should've implemented a rule similar to actual drafts in this situation. If you don't make you pick on time, anyone can rush to the podium with their next pick. 

• Moderators

We should've implemented a rule similar to actual drafts in this situation. If you don't make you pick on time, anyone can rush to the podium with their next pick. 

In real drafts only the team with the next pick can rush the podium!  That has happened at least in the NFL multiple times.

• Moderators

With the "26th" pick in the SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

screen-shot-2015-01-23-at-3-42-18-pm.png

Oui-oui, Rudy Gobert (C, Age 23, 7’1”, 245 lbs.), you’ve already told us uncultured Americans before: they call ‘em “petit-pants” in France, sure. Look, "mon ami," nobody is here for your "truthiness." Why don’t you make yourself useful? Go swat some shots, and buy me a plate of Freedom Fries!

The Voltage will be powered by two players who ranked in the top 10 for win shares per-48 last season, reigning MVP Stephen Curry (1st) now flanked by second-year professional windmill Rudy Gobert (10th). What's most remarkable about the "Big French Dipper" is, unlike the other 9 in the Top-10 rankings, he did not become a regular starter until after the All-Star Break. 

Similarly, Gobert finished fifth in voting tallies for Defensive Player of the Year, and third for Most Improved Player. How far up the charts might "L'Enfant Terrible" have soared, had he received starter's minutes from the jump?

You can't teach wingspan, and Gobert's 7-foot-8.5-inch wingspan set a Draft Combine record, broken only recently by another surefire future NBA star. Rudy bid some of his time during his rookie season in the D-League, simultaneously building up his svelte 7-foot-1, 220-pound frame. Now that he's packed on an additional 25 pounds, Gobert can still run the floor with his nimble feet while holding his own in the paint on either end. And it's the defensive side that the young upstart already has down pat.

The Stifle Tower finished last season 1st in block percentage, 5th in rebounding percentage, 5th in defensive rating, and 2nd in defensive box plus/minus. Gobert's hands and instincts are impeccable, as one of just two players who finished last season with more blocks than personal fouls, allowing him to stay in games longer than most. His exploits last season led his team to the top defensive rating mark in the entire league during the second-half of the season. Not coincidentally, the team that was a cellar-dweller through the early part of the season (when Rudy was coming off the bench) nearly charged into the playoffs by April.

On the offensive end, Voltage staff will continue to assist Gobert with assist-making: he's a very willing passer who can afford to cut down on ballhandling turnovers in the post. The pivot has ample time to expand his shots to mid-range as well. He made no shots beyond ten feet from the rim last season, but he had the sense not to shoot more than ten of those mid-range jumpers all season long.

The Voltages are pleased to have two immensely and uniquely talented young players, transforming the game while leading the way at polar opposite ends of the floor in Lethalopolis.

The clock starts now for the eminent @AHF! Might Ashley Judd approve of who’s coming off the board soon?

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: You CAN Touch This... But You Probably Shouldn’t.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
"Pardonnez-moi, Monsieur. Mais, est-ce que vous avez de Grey Poupon?"
  • Like 4

• Moderators

The clock starts now for the eminent @AHF! Might Ashley Judd approve of who’s coming off the board soon?

This sounds like an excellent addition to the U-Niques for this year.  We'll have to check with Ashley Judd before each pick.  The good news is that Ashley approves of this next one:

Ashley-Judd-wallpapers-hd.jpg

With the 27th pick (and the 26th player picked), the U-Niques select 26 year old center DeAndre Jordan to fill our spot in the middle.  Jordan averaged 15 rebounds and 2.2 bpg last season to go along with 12 points a game on an astounding 71% FG%.  He finished fifth in the league in Win Shares largely due to his huge defensive impact which carried him to both the All-NBA and All-NBA defense teams last season.

When asked about his free throw shooting DeAndre shouted "max contract!" and walked off.  

25392e5808ed1ef660bfd1b3381f8a07.jpg

We'll have him working with Mark Price soon enough.  In the meantime, welcome to the club Mr. Jordan!

@Blazemore is on the clock.

• Like 2

I'm not going to overthink this

I'm gonna take a defensive stretch 4 who I know fits well with Durant

Serge Ibaka

He was injured at the end of last year, but before that he was a threepeat 1st team all-defensive player and 1st in blocks for 4 years in a row (4th last year in shortened season)

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 2