2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

In real drafts only the team with the next pick can rush the podium! That has happened at least in the NFL multiple times.

Minny Viking Kevin Williams DL is only one I remember...I think..

One more hour left on the ticker for @Nicholasp27! Everybody, remember to check in at least every four hours during the daily draft-time window, as things can go from 0 to 60 quickly!

~lw3

I really enjoyed the speed of picks 11-16... Those owners straight raced up to the podium like Usain Bolt!!! :-)

Wow that happened fast...

With the 28th and 29th picks in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft The Paulding County Blazes are proud to take:

Gordon Hayward

(19.3 PPG, 4.1 APG, 4.9 RPG)

and

Kyle Lowry

(17.8 PPG, 6.8 APG, 4.7 RPG)

Lowry's Raptors may have melted down in the post-season but that doesn't take away from what a stellar last few years he's been having. He struggled a bit from 3 last year but he's certainly not at the Josh Smith level so I expect him to be able to spread the floor a bit with that, but most importantly Kyle Lowry is a bona fide point guard. Something Anthony Davis has yet to play with in his entire NBA career. I expect that working together they will be able to run a 1:4 pick and roll like the best of them.

The SF position is one where you are expected to do it all and on that front Gordon Hayward doesn't disappoint. He can shoot, dribble, pass, and rebound. This year he even added another facet to his game, a very important but underrated one...DEFENSE. Last year he had horrible defensive numbers by just about every metric but this year he has risen to be a...slightly above average defender.

With the big three of Davis, Hayward, and Lowry the Blazers feel their stars are set. We look forward to adding some 3 and D glue guys with our next few picks! (and a Center I guess)

Paulding County Blazes:

PG: Kyle Lowry

SG:

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: Anthony Davis

C:

@AHF you're up!

Edited by Blazemore
  • Like 1

• Admin

Wow that happened fast...

With the 28th and 29th picks in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft The Paulding County Blazes are proud to take:

Gordon Hayward

(19.3 PPG, 4.1 APG, 4.9 RPG)

and

Kyle Lowry

(17.8 PPG, 6.8 APG, 4.7 RPG)

Lowry's Raptors may have melted down in the post-season but that doesn't take away from what a stellar last few years he's been having. He struggled a bit from 3 last year but he's certainly not at the Josh Smith level so I expect him to be able to spread the floor a bit with that, but most importantly Kyle Lowry is a bona fide point guard. Something Anthony Davis has yet to play with in his entire NBA career. I expect that working together they will be able to run a 1:4 pick and roll like the best of them.

The SF position is one where you are expected to do it all and on that front Gordon Hayward doesn't disappoint. He can shoot, dribble, pass, and rebound. This year he even added another facet to his game, a very important but underrated one...DEFENSE. Last year he had horrible defensive numbers by just about every metric but this year he has risen to be a...slightly above average defender.

With the big three of Davis, Hayward, and Lowry the Blazers feel their stars are set. We look forward to adding some 3 and D glue guys with our next few picks! (and a Center I guess)

Paulding County Blazes:

PG: Kyle Lowry

SG:

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: Anthony Davis

C:

@AHF you're up!

Good picks

• Moderators

Now where do we go, Ashley?

1238386_1372300610006_full.jpg

High floor, high ceiling, in his prime and stay big?  

We can do that.

With the 31st pick of the draft, the U-Niques select 2013-14 Top 3 WAR and 2014-15 Top 20 WAR PF:

Kevin Love

kevin-love-naked.png

Don't worry Kevin, they're just jealous.

Elite rebounder, elite perimeter shooter, good passer, good ballhandler and underrated defender.  People thought that Love was a drag on Cleveland's defense but all Cleveland's top defensive frontcourt lineups had Love; the team produced better defensive numbers playing with either of those other guys who were around for the playoffs than the team did when they played with eachother.  It isn't a coincidence as he has the frame to body up his man and the ability to clean the boards like nobody's business.

As a marginalized stretch 4, he was a top 20 guy last season by the numbers and we won't have someone mishandling him this season so expect him to rebound to his historical outstanding production.

Welcome to the squad, Mr. Love!

PG:

SG:

SF:  Lebron James

PF:  Kevin Love

C:  DeAndre Jordan

@lethalweapon3 is on the clock!

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 31st pick in the SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

KarlAthlonSports-600x400.jpg

Dear Ashley, Karl-Anthony Towns (Power Forward/Center, Age 19 as of 11/1/2015, 6’11”, 250 lbs.) would like to know if you would be his Lois Lane!

The top pick in the 2015 Draft, Karl-Anthony Towns makes for an excellent young complement to Rudy Gobert in the Voltage front line. Unlike many other #1-overalls, thanks to the presence of league MVP Stephen Curry, there's no short-term pressure for Towns to live up to his franchise-player billing.

While Gobert toils away in the paint, he'll benefit from Towns' ability to spread the defense with a mid-range shot that can conceivably be extended to the three-point line. Towns led his high school squad in three-pointers made, because why not? Plus, Towns can be left in close games late, due to his hack-proof 80-plus-percent free throw shooting. Even while playing limited "platoon system" minutes at Kentucky's D-League program, Towns proved his offensive efficiency was among the best the college game had to offer, a PER that ranked second among the incoming top Draft prospects.

The Dominican-American's 7-foot-3.5-inch wingspan and impressive standing reach will allow him to pair with Gobert to form a formidable and athletic Twin Tower frontline. Towns averaged nearly 4.5 blocks, along with a double-double, per-40 at UK. The rookie is capable of effectively guarding all but the speediest of power forwards, and all but the beefiest of centers.

Towns has Ronald-McDonald-sized feet (size 20), and you know what they say about guys with big shoes... subpar lateral mobility! His feet support a solid base in the defensive post but also leave him susceptible to blow-bys out on the wings. He'll need to improve his lateral movement to keep opponents in front of him while funneling them into help-defenders, and cut down on excessive fouling. His mobility around the offensive rim needs work, too, but he does possess the ability to utilize hook shots and turnaround jumpers effectively.

Having Towns and Gobert patrolling the paint and protecting the rim allows the league's leading steals-maker, Curry, to gamble without having to scramble on defense. As their offensive versatility expands, it will make the notion of double-teaming Steph on the other end of the floor a hard bargain. 

Here’s hoping the renowned @Nicholasp27 didn’t stray too far, because he’s back on the block!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: We might actually be decent this year. “Shocking,” ain’t it?

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG:

SF:

PF: Karl-Anthony Towns

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Now where do we go, Ashley?

1238386_1372300610006_full.jpg

High floor, high ceiling, in his prime and stay big?  

We can do that.

With the 31st pick of the draft, the U-Niques select 2013-14 Top 3 WAR and 2014-15 Top 20 WAR PF:

Kevin Love

kevin-love-naked.png

Don't worry Kevin, they're just jealous.

Elite rebounder, elite perimeter shooter, good passer, good ballhandler and underrated defender.  People thought that Love was a drag on Cleveland's defense but all Cleveland's top defensive frontcourt lineups had Love; the team produced better defensive numbers playing with either of those other guys who were around for the playoffs than the team did when they played with eachother.  It isn't a coincidence as he has the frame to body up his man and the ability to clean the boards like nobody's business.

As a marginalized stretch 4, he was a top 20 guy last season by the numbers and we won't have someone mishandling him this season so expect him to rebound to his historical outstanding production.

Welcome to the squad, Mr. Love!

PG:

SG:

SF:  Lebron James

PF:  Kevin Love

C:  DeAngelo Jordan

@lethalweapon3 is on the clock!

I was wondering when Kevin Love would be taken. I almost took him over Lowry. I would've had to move AD to C though and I've never seen him play that position so I just decided against doing that.

• Moderators

I was wondering when Kevin Love would be taken. I almost took him over Lowry. I would've had to move AD to C though and I've never seen him play that position so I just decided against doing that.

That was my theory. I could grab a stud center and Love or Ibaka would be there for me on the turn since you had AD. The Brow is fantastic.

That was my theory. I could grab a stud center and Love or Ibaka would be there for me on the turn since you had AD. The Brow is fantastic.

It just seems like an odd decision to move your franchise PF to C in order to...huh...guess the Hawks did that and it worked for them...still not regretting my picks.

• Moderators

There seems to be some confusion on eligibility to coach in the NBA.  You aren't limited to people who are currently NBA coaches.  You have almost total flexibility with your coaches as long as they are even remotely realistic (i.e., nobody dead, no minors, etc.).  Like with players, you get them as they are today and not as they were or will be in their prime (if they aren't in their prime now).

Good luck!

@AHF

@ATLHawks3

@lethalweapon3

@Diesel

@Spud2Nique

@capstone21

@JETSET

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@jy23

@IheartFerry

@alejandro09

@Nicholasp27

@Alex

@Blazemore

Edited by AHF

I have a top-2 SF

I have a top-5/10 PF

Now I have a chance to get a top 10 pg...one who has many years left and has been very healthy to date (knock on wood)...an allstar and former 1/5th player of the month

Our very own, Jeffrey Teague

Teague

?

Durantula

Ibaka

?

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 2