@JETSET

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@jy23

@IheartFerry

@alejandro09

@Nicholasp27

@Alex

@Blazemore

lethalweapon3 gave me the order of teams, Diesel gave me the order of picks and the draft order shook out as above. I extrapolated that for the entire draft and posted directly above. That means @Blazemore is on the clock...Happy Hunting!

Did Ernst & Young witness the lottery process? @AHF

• Moderators

Did Ernst & Young witness the lottery process? @AHF

Well, D and LW3 can verify their inputs but I suppose that leaves the door open that they could have colluded.  I'm just not convinced they would have given themselves the 3rd and 14th picks if that was what they were doing!  Plus, D and LW3 are good people, you know?

I'll update this when I get off work but for now...

With the first pick of the Hawk Squawk 2015 Dynasty Draft the Paulding County Blazes select:

Anthony Davis

Ooohhh....leading off with a Kentucky Wildcat.  I like it!  Remember to ping the next person after each of your picks by putting them in the post like @Blazemore.

Well, D and LW3 can verify their inputs but I suppose that leaves the door open that they could have colluded. I'm just not convinced they would have given themselves the 3rd and 14th picks if that was what they were doing! Plus, D and LW3 are good people, you know?

Ooohhh....leading off with a Kentucky Wildcat. I like it! Remember to ping the next person after each of your picks by putting them in the post like @Blazemore.

Totally kidding I'm very excited about my 2nd round pick (#21 overall, it's Nique's # and Bud loves the second round)

• Moderators

I'm not going to overthink this one.  As much as I may despise him as a fan, as a fictitious GM I have to go with the best player of this generation:

With the second overall pick, the U-Niques select:

LEBRON JAMES

hawksjameskobecopy.jpg

Yeah, Kobe.  Best of this generation.

The reasoning is simple.  He is the best player in the league today.  He is massively efficient when he doesn't have to do everything.  He has a great basketball IQ and is versatile enough to play the 2-4 positions.  He is just 30 right now which gives him  several years of prime play and the development of a now lethal post game should allow him to age gracefully.  I thought about a few younger players but I don't know that any of them will be as good at any point in their career as Lebron is today and none of them are big impact players on both sides of the ball today.

Lebron will give me a lot of flexibility in building my roster and his ability in the post-season to drag some talent to the NBA Finals that would otherwise have been competing for a top lottery pick was impressive.  Welcome aboard, Mr. James.

@lethalweapon3 - you are on the clock!

• Like 1

Can we get a thread for just picks and another one for discussions? It worked well last year and it was my idea. So there's that.

• Moderators

With the 3rd Pick in the 2015 Summer Dynasty League Draft, the Lethal Voltage select:

608af511681a08f0877b831a634cf160.JPG

Listen, Stephen Curry (PG, Age 27, 6’3”, 185 lbs.), you mind wiping that down? You got slobber all over the darn thing!

After pulling it all together during a magical 2015 MVP season, the Baby-Faced Assassin will bring his championship mettle to Lethalopolis. He is the unquestioned leader of the league’s Creative Class, using an inimitable array of deft maneuvering both with and without the ball to get quality open shots, and doing a better job of dribbling out of double-teams and protecting the ball while finding open playmakers. No player in the league (certainly no one under 30 years of age) accomplishes as much purely on the strength of his dribble as Curry, and few are better on catch-and-shoot plays.

Curry’s shot, while not pure, is as sure as one will find in the league. The league’s leading 3-point shooter among active players, Curry ranks fourth overall in effective field goal shooting while hardly ever needing to dunk the ball. He’s just as reliable at the charity stripe, the league’s active leader in free throw percentage who led the league in that category during his MVP season.

Steph’s also making a big Splash at the other end of the floor, leading the league in total steals in 2014-15. Overall, he led the league in win shares per-48. After struggling through much of his early career with ankle stability issues, his durability has been remarkable, particularly during the rough-and-tumble playoffs as his top-seeded team’s prime target.

To sustain his winning ways with the Voltage, Curry will need teammates that can spread the floor and get themselves in position for high-percentage shots, along with colleagues that can effectively defend pick-and-roll plays. He has done the work necessary to develop himself into the best pound-for-pound threat around, and his energetic leadership will suit the Voltage well in the seasons to come. The league’s future trophies may have to be Saran-wrapped.

The esteemed @Nicholasp27 is up next on the clock!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Can we get a thread for just picks and another one for discussions? It worked well last year and it was my idea. So there's that.

We've got a separate pick summary thread that lists all the picks and then this one for posting and discussion.

We've got a separate pick summary thread that lists all the picks and then this one for posting and discussion.

Awesome.