Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

Yes I was thinking that maybe Splitter moved. If there was some way to get a big and small forward back that has potential worth doing.

part of a three way with brooklyn and charlotte.

in the end we get hawes and Barnes.

• Premium Member

Barnes is a Grizzly or am I mistaken?

Splitter stays.

Yeah, that's true.

However, I still think it's possible that Splitter is moved to another team.   Probably to the Hornets for Hawes plus ?? in a three way.   I hope it's not Marvin.

Yeah, that's true.

However, I still think it's possible that Splitter is moved to another team. Probably to the Hornets for Hawes plus ?? in a three way. I hope it's not Marvin.

I'll only take Hawes and MKG, thank you very much. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Wouldn't be surprised to see Splitter included in another deal

Yea, I think the reason why we haven't heard the details of the trade is because it isn't complete yet.

The terms are probably verbally agreed to but would change slightly depending on Aldridge going to the Spurs. There could even be a 3rd team involved waiting on the decision.

If this is the case then I hope Aldridge does go to the Spurs since we may get a more favorable deal.

Edited by ATLSmith
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

It occurs to me to throw this out there... the trade isn't technically done... other teams still in the mix for Aldridge... so, if SA isn't successful, can't they just pull back and say "Sorry, but we're backing out.".... ?

It occurs to me to throw this out there... the trade isn't technically done... other teams still in the mix for Aldridge... so, if SA isn't successful, can't they just pull back and say "Sorry, but we're backing out.".... ?

Oooohhhj, not cool.

• Premium Member

It's not personal, right? It's business. Would Popford do that to Budcox? Could they do that to Budcox is really my question, though.

My inclination is that they certainly could, but I'm hoping someone has reason my inclination is wrong.

Edited by sturt

A classy organization like the Spurs, I doubt it. I wouldn't put it past the Celts, Raptors or Rockets though, to name a few..lol

nothing will happen, they could of waited until after aldridge committed to them b4 trading away spiltter. They are the ones that chose to gamble. If they reneged, they would look extremely incompetent and hurt their credibility around the league.

Chris Vivlamore: I expect Tiago Splitter deal to be announced today. Hawks gave up rights to international player and heavily protected future 2nd.

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Trade, Tiago Splitter, Atlanta Hawks,San Antonio Spurs

I saw 'heavily protected' and thought whaaat - a 1st - hahaha.

Edited by JayBirdHawk