• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodbye DMC...

Diesel

Forget Carroll. He is the enemy NOW. All that wishing him well. Forget Carroll. Yall need to take that Black Mamba approach that got Kobe Bryant all those rings....... I wouldnt waste anymore discussion about a player who left. I know EXACTLY what he was saying when he made the comment below:

" friends come and go, but banners hang forever"

Rings.jpg

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 2

Currently our only player with the size to play SF is Thabo.

And he might not be ready come the start of the season. Regardless of how the Millsap thing plays out, we need wing players...and badly...

• Premium Member

Currently our only player with the size to play SF is Thabo.

I think SF = Thabo and Korver.  Unless we sign Dorell Wright to a cheap contract.

Edited by Diesel

• Moderators

Actually, Signing Thabo last year looks bad until he actually plays a full season.

No it doesn't.  He is owed $4M and $3.85M the next two years.  That looks bad to you?

• Premium Member

What other FA SF are available...Better yet who we can afford?

I got Dorrell Wright, James Jones, possibly Wesley Johnson, Jeremy Evans...

and the Longshot...  Marco Bellinelli.

No it doesn't.  He is owed $4M and $3.85M the next two years.  That looks bad to you?

We needed him in the playoffs.  However, he thought going to the Club in NY at 4 AM was a good idea.  Yeah.. It looks bad.

• Moderators

Wonder if he gave the Hawks a chance to match or not... $15 mil is too much for DMC. Hate to lose him, but that is far too much for an effort guy who was nobody two years ago and he can say he's blessed all he wants... He needs to be thankful for the Hawks and Coach Bud for giving him a chance.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We needed him in the playoffs.  However, he thought going to the Club in NY at 4 AM was a good idea.  Yeah.. It looks bad.

Look I think it was stupid to be out then.  Obviously, we've been over that.  But a big part of that was just bad luck.  Thabo was a difference maker for our team when he played.  I appreciated his production last year and think he will be a very good value going forward if he isn't ruined by the injury (which I don't expect will be the case).  The bad thing about the timing is that he won't have the same luxury to recover without another SF on the roster (and whatever low $$ SF we sign will put a lot more pressure on him to get back quickly than he would have had with DMC in front of him).  

This is how you get in salary cap hell overpaying players just look at JJ.

So does this mean Bron makes as much as Sap this year?

I'm not advocating spending that on Carroll, but merely showing a comparison of what salaries are like 2 years ago vs. what they'll look like 2 years from now.  It's a different environment.  With a salary cap that is expected to jump almost 30 million when the new TV deal kicks in means players will start making a lot more than they used to.  If Sap makes the same thing as LeBron, you can bet it will ONLY be for one year because LeBron will be one of those $30+ million per year guys when this all takes place.  

This thread is going downhill fast.

Everything from Thabo's NYPD incident to people suggesting that Oubre could have been our savior. 

Good luck to DMC but I think he is overpaid big time and I am glad we let him go.  I think he was more of a product of the system than some amazing player.  I have confidence in Bud's ability to find a cheap replacement.  Now PLEASE keep Millsap.

"82.7% of DeMarre Carroll's hoops were assisted last year, on league's best AST% team. Just signed with the league's 3rd worst AST% team."

• Like 2

I wonder if Luol Deng would be available now that the Heat have Winslow and are reportedly looking to dump some contracts to be able to re-sign Dwyane Wade.

He would...if he didn't opt back into his contract with the ©Heat...

• Admin

Congrats DMC, you worked your butt off and u answer a huge need of the raptors.

When he came here he was a role player. Buds system and his work ethic got him 15 mil per. We can do it again with another role player. There are a lot out there who can be had for cheap that are hungry and will fit bud's system.