• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap will be back!

BrazilianHawk

Even though I don't like paying Sap 20 million a year I guess you got to anti up or else this team is cooked. Not many options out there to take Sap's place.

His skillset is a bit too unique for us to let him go easily

• Like 2

Well, we now have a chance to repeat last season's success, with a little luck and some shrewd moves.  I think the Joe Johnson deal proved also contracts can be moved in the event you don't need them anymore.  Another point - Milsap+Splitter would be an acceptable 4 and 5 starting lineup to protect against Horford leaving someday.   Now we just need to figure our how to use 1 center and 2 pfs.  Start Horford and Milsap, then rotate Splitter in to go with a 3 man rotation?  Enough minutes to go around.

$20 M is a lot but its not my money.  Spend away on my entertainment Ressler and company.  The new Atlanta Spending Group.......

Edited by Randy

Even with 20 mill for sap we've have roughly 22 mil under salary cap next year. That's plenty even with AL getting a raise

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm on the fence. At 16.6m, we would've had some flexibility to do something else substantive. At 20m, I'm open to all options, yet reserving the right to still prefer bringing him back all things being equal. But that's just it... a question of what is "equal."

Pretty decent deal. Not sure why Paul likes these shorter contracts but at least he's back to help the Hawks get back to the ECF or further. 

• Like 2

What was the point of trading for splitter now?

Depth or trade him for a SF. Spurs had to trade him for cap space, but we may acquire someone with him...

Edited by rd79