• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Edy Man Cometh: Hawks agreed to multi-year contract with 7-3 center Walter Tavares

Static

• Moderators

So basically we went from Pero and Brand to Splitter and Tavares... Bench has gotten so much better this offseason if you include in the THJR trade.

6th - Schröder

7th - THJR

8th - Thabo

9th - Scott

10th - Splitter

11th - Muscala

12th - Bazemore

13th - Tavares

14th - Mack

15th - ???

Marc Spears reported it. I'm really liking this off-season so far. And I think this is another indicator that Splitter is not staying.

Splitter is a bonafide NBA player - Edy we can only hope.

So basically we went from Pero and Brand to Splitter and Tavares... Bench has gotten so much better this offseason if you include in the THJR trade.

6th - Schröder

7th - THJR

8th - Thabo

9th - Scott

10th - Splitter

11th - Muscala

12th - Bazemore

13th - Tavares

14th - Mack

15th - ???

You have 4 people in the starting line up. Teague, Horford, Millsap and Korver. 

Edited by Static

Marc Spears reported it. I'm really liking this off-season so far. And I think this is another indicator that Splitter is not staying.

I hope not.  I actually like the addition of Splitter and Edy is still a project big. He's only gong to be good for a couple of minutes a game at most next year, but give him 2 years and we might really have something special.

6th - Schröder

7th - THJR

8th - Thabo

9th - Scott

10th - Splitter

11th - Muscala

12th - Bazemore

13th - Tavares

14th - Mack

15th - ???

We still have the room exception that should net us a player that can contribute.  I wouldn't mind seeing Scott or Mack moved for more wing help either. 

I hope not.  I actually like the addition of Splitter and Edy is still a project big. He's only gong to be good for a couple of minutes a game at most next year, but give him 2 years and we might really have something special.

Splitter is 100% staying.  Pop wouldn't have sent him to Atlanta if he was going to be used as trade bait.

• Like 1

Nobody is "hating" on Splitter. I think he has enough value to bring back a good piece, maybe a starting SF.

I'm Just speculating based on the lack of details on the trade and, this is silly, but I haven't seen any hawk player welcome Tiago to the team or even Tiago saying the typical "I'm so happy to be in Atlanta.." tweet that every player sends out.

• Moderators

#ImToldEdy...

#MoarMinutes4Pero

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 3

• Admin

We still have the room exception that should net us a player that can contribute.  I wouldn't mind seeing Scott or Mack moved for more wing help either. 

Wes Johnson might be the right guy  

or maybe Denver will part ways with Wilson Chandler for a Scott/Mack combo.

They want to unload him as the team restarts

Nobody is "hating" on Splitter. I think he has enough value to bring back a good piece, maybe a starting SF.

I'm Just speculating based on the lack of details on the trade and, this is silly, but I haven't seen any hawk player welcome Tiago to the team or even Tiago saying the typical "I'm so happy to be in Atlanta.." tweet that every player sends out.

I hear ya.  If you're responding to my replay I wasn't saying you are hating on Splitter.

I understand the speculation, I just feel we're going to keep him because Tavares isn't ready to be the 2nd string Center (as far as I can tell).

Oh, and I'll jump on the celebratory gif bandwagon:

giphy.gif

Edited by ATLSmith

Wes Johnson might be the right guy  

or maybe Denver will part ways with Wilson Chandler for a Scott/Mack combo.

They want to unload him as the team restarts

I am 100% down with Wilson Chandler

• Like 1