• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Edy Man Cometh: Hawks agreed to multi-year contract with 7-3 center Walter Tavares

Static

The major thing these moves do, is give us the ability to play any style we want to play. With Splitter as the backup, and Edy as the 3rd center, they'll be valuable in games in which we may want to protect Horford from tougher physical matchups on defense.

And if Edy's ability to protect the rim transfers to the NBA, that could be a potential game changer come playoff time.

And we still have the option to either bring in another player on the cheap, or trade a few people to go get a more significant reserve on the wing.

Hawks are now a more balanced team, with size and skill.

• Like 2

• Like 1

We are now SET at pg/pf/c

We got a great 3-man proven big rotation plus moose and Edy as improving prospects

We got a great 2-man pg duo plus Mack as a solid 3rd stringer when injuries occur

Korver/Thabo is a good starting wing duo, but health is the issue

Baze/Hardaway is a decent backup duo with potential to improve, but not great if they gotta start due to Korver/Thabo injuries

I'd like to get another starting wing like chandler and another prospect like kj mcdaniels to round out this offseason

We should def keep splitter

Yesssssssss...love it. Somewhere Mozgov is shivering ...

Splitter and Edy...yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh baby -Dr. Evil (impersonating Austin...) I can't pull that off can I? -Dr.Evil

• Premium Member

Nobody is "hating" on Splitter. I think he has enough value to bring back a good piece, maybe a starting SF.

I'm Just speculating based on the lack of details on the trade and, this is silly, but I haven't seen any hawk player welcome Tiago to the team or even Tiago saying the typical "I'm so happy to be in Atlanta.." tweet that every player sends out.

I think you do have a point potentially. Truly. But otoh, it's also entirely plausible that there's some league thing that discourages anyone, even players, from any public acknowledgement of a trade until it actually occurs... ie, since technically, he's still property of the Spurs.

• Like 1

Splitter won't be made officially until the 9th once cap is known so not gonna hear much until then

Then we will know full details and hold a press conference welcoming him to the A

Anxious to see HOW we're signing him. If minimum, then it's all good... if not, then there's a Paul Harvey moment coming up.

Well we gave him half of what the euro team offered, so sounds like it won't be too big of a contract