• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consolidated Discussion of Replacement Trainers / Replacing Wally and Pete

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-let-go-long-time-trainers-blase-radulovic/nmsBz/

The Hawks have not renewed the contracts of long-time head athletic trainer Wally Blase, assistant trainer Pete Radulovic and team security officer Andre Cottle, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

My first suggestion to replace Wally:

Tae-Bo.jpg

Also, Paul Blart for the new security guy.

~lw3

• Like 3

They got rid of them and the security team. Talk about cleaning house. Resser and Hill no jokes. I am sorry for Blase/Pete and Andre. These jobs aren't easy to come by and you have to uproot your family. Wow. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Long live Joe O'Toole...dang those good ole days..:-( miss them

Just some Trivia. As a Hawks trainer, Joe O'Toole was one of just two NBA staff members (Utah's Frank Layden the other) to have ever won the league's J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. And, the NBA's Athletic Trainer of the Year award is named in honor of Joe O'Toole.

Too big of a pic to post (and, short-shorts warning) but here's O'Toole with the Doctor at Hawks training camp back in the day.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/hawks/sites/default/files/legacy/photos/HWK_DrJ_Images_Camp.jpg

~lw3

• Like 1

Just some Trivia. As a Hawks trainer, Joe O'Toole was one of just two NBA staff members (Utah's Frank Layden the other) to have ever won the league's J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. And, the NBA's Athletic Trainer of the Year award is named in honor of Joe O'Toole.

Too big of a pic to post (and, short-shorts warning) but here's O'Toole with the Doctor at Hawks training camp back in the day.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/hawks/sites/default/files/legacy/photos/HWK_DrJ_Images_Camp.jpg

~lw3

Oh wow he looks so young in the pic next to Dr. J

I guess I only remember Joe O from the mid 80's when he was a bit balder and older with glasses ...if I remember correctly he always wore a white shirt with red pants. It's weird but it seemed every time TBS cut to Nique or Doc Rivers or Spud, Joe would either be right next to them or behind them..lol... You could tell he was a hands on trainer. He walked the walk for sure.

• Moderators

This sux for them. I wonder why and who made the decision.

Bud is El Presidente, but I'm speculating Grant Hill has somebody in mind from Phoenix's legendary training staff.

~lw3

• Like 2

Bud is El Presidente, but I'm speculating Grant Hill has somebody in mind from Phoenix's legendary training staff.

~lw3

Those Suns trainer/trainers worked magic with Nash, Hill, Shaq and others.

Those Suns trainer/trainers worked magic with Nash, Hill, Shaq and others.

That's what I was thinking. Give them some more time and they'll find the cures to high blood pressure, cancer, HIV, ebola...

Why was Wally let go?  He was a mainstay of the Hawks .. I guess if you are right about one of those exceptional Suns trainers coming then that would be a good thing

It revived Hill and a bunch of other old heads careers.