• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we done in Free Agency?

bumpyphish1

Well he's been inconsistent throughout his career. I guess I watched him most about 3 or 4 years ago when he was a Warrior and he was lighting it up from 3 and his defense was great. His best season as a pro by far. I just think Bud could get that out of him again. On the other hand, Bud might not appreciate players who don't perform to the best of their abilities ALL the time. I still like Chandler the most of anyone but that doesn't seem likely at all.

I think Chandler is getting traded this offseason. Just have to exercise patience and wait til they move Lawson. Then the fire sale commences and we can land Wilson for a cheaper price.

That's an awful front office ripe to be fleeced IMEO.

• Premium Member

I think it would be cool to have Mbah a Moute on the team because then I might actually learn how to pronounce his name.

(Not a loyal Sportscenter viewer like I was years ago, and of course, he never shows up in any highlight packages given the teams he's played for... lol)

More seriously... I still lean toward Wright over Mbah if, as I've understood, he's also pretty solid on D. Just more upside there. But... forgive me if you've ready this already... I've come to the conclusion we're going to see if anything impresses in Summer League, and if not, will see which of Wright or Mbah's price is more right, and then go from there.

I rather stick with what he have at this point. Holiday should be ready to get more minutes. Thabo is Thabo, who knows about his health. I like Glenn Robinson III and his potential. I am fine with what we have. If it doesn't work, we need to look in the outseason. Signing a guy like Luc Richard or Dorell is just get another guy and it doesn't help us get any closer to getting the guy.

• Premium Member

Depends on the contract. I think there's reason to be wary that Scott can improve well enough to play wing to any extent, and Korver is just better placed guarding 2s imo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

After the first two SL games, it's hard to say that Scott is going to be replaced by Moose.  I think Scott will be BU PF and he will platoon some time at the SF position with some of our other guys.  We will save or trade Thabo.

So yeah, we're done.

However, we will fill that last spot with somebody.

I wouldn't rule out somebody on another SL team.

I wish that we could take a run at James M. McAdoo.

I rather stick with what he have at this point. Holiday should be ready to get more minutes. Thabo is Thabo, who knows about his health. I like Glenn Robinson III and his potential. I am fine with what we have. If it doesn't work, we need to look in the outseason. Signing a guy like Luc Richard or Dorell is just get another guy and it doesn't help us get any closer to getting the guy.

Pretty much agree.  For the life of me I can't see what folks are seeing in bums like Mbah a Moute.  He's on the scrap heap for a reason.

• Moderators

I wouldn't hesitate to sign one of these vets on a one-year deal.  I don't trust anyone at SF other than Thabo and he has significant health risk, IMO.  If we can get a guy who can hold the fort while Thabo is hurt or just give us some solid production in 12 minutes per game that would be great.  I don't know what I am going to see from our 2's (Korver, Bazemore, Holiday) or 4's (Scott, Sap) in extended minutes at SF.

• Like 1

I don't think we're done with free agency.  I think we try to sign Kevin Durant or Bradley Beal next summer.

C'mon md, stick to this offseason.

On the names you mentioned, if OKC crashes and burns the way I think they are this season, I pretty much see those two being traded for each other.

Plus we'll have ADavis by then so there may not be room for Durant.  Book it.

king01 approved.king.gif

• Moderators

C'mon md, stick to this offseason.

On the names you mentioned, if OKC crashes and burns the way I think they are this season, I pretty much see those two being traded for each other.

Plus we'll have ADavis by then so there may not be room for Durant.  Book it.

king01 approved.king.gif

Hmm.  How are we going to get Davis now?   He did sign a pretty long, and lucrative deal.  

My point is that real team building happens across multiple years and is ongoing.   Just because we may have holes now doesn't mean we have a failed plan.

• Moderators

Hmm.  How are we going to get Davis now?   He did sign a pretty long, and lucrative deal.  

My point is that real team building happens across multiple years and is ongoing.   Just because we may have holes now doesn't mean we have a failed plan.

kg's just dreaming on that one.  I mean, I'd love to see that dream become reality but I know it is dreaming.

The Wiz aren't letting go of Beal either.

That leaves Durant and you know how good the odds are there. Not sure how we would max him and Al either.

Don't let @AHF rain on the parade.  Davis to the Hawks is happnin'.