• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI: Most Underrated Moves of the Summer

AHF

How sweet would it be if we won the NBA finals over the Spurs in game 7 in San Antonio with a Splitter offensive rebound and putback slam over Lamarcus Aldridge. The script writes itself. An instant Sunday night Disney Classic(right after Herbie the love bug).

How sweet would it be if we won the NBA finals over the Spurs in game 7 in San Antonio with a Splitter offensive rebound and putback slam over Lamarcus Aldridge. The script writes itself. An instant Sunday night Disney Classic(right after Herbie the love bug).

jack.gif

The Splitter move has the potential to be great. Of course we have to see what plays out in the season. But, fixing your team's #1 problem with one of better players in the NBA for fixing said problem WITHOUT giving up more than cap space is brilliant.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Extremely shrewd move. The Hawks gave up next to nothing to get a much needed addition to the front court at a reasonable price. But does anyone really see him coming off the bench? I can see the limited minutes, but won't he at least be a starter?

Extremely shrewd move. The Hawks gave up next to nothing to get a much needed addition to the front court at a reasonable price. But does anyone really see him coming off the bench? I can see the limited minutes, but won't he at least be a starter?

Unless Millsap will be our starting SF(doubtful) or will come off the bench as the back PF (highly unlikely) Splitter will be our first big off the bench behind Al.

• Premium Member

Unless Millsap will be our starting SF(doubtful) or will come off the bench as the back PF (highly unlikely) Splitter will be our first big off the bench behind Al.

Gotcha. I thought Al and Sap were moving down to make room for Splitter if Thabo and/or Korver weren't ready at the start of the season. Either way, this team shouldn't get out rebounded as much as last season and should have better rim protection.

Gotcha. I thought Al and Sap were moving down to make room for Splitter if Thabo and/or Korver weren't ready at the start of the season. Either way, this team shouldn't get out rebounded as much as last season and should have better rim protection.

and who comes off the bench if you start Millsap/Horford/Splitter?  The rest of our bench bigs are Muscala and Tavares now that Scott has screwed up.

Cliffs:  Our frontcourt isn't deep enough to play Millsap/Horford/Splitter together.

@JETSET

I think you'll see a big line-up at times in the season. I agree that if you start Splitter then you have no big-man depth off the bench, but there will be times when that line-up could be exceptionally effective.

I do find it interested that Bud downplayed the issue of rebounding all season, but 2 of the team's biggest moves where to specifically address the rebounding issue.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bud would just bring in 5 guards

I've said for years that Teague would make a great center.  Have you seen his sky hook?  Silky smooth.

PG: Dennis

SG:  Mack

SF: Holiday

PF: Bazemore

C:  Teague

He can protect the paint and then start the break!

Edited by AHF
  • Like 3

SI does give us some low-key shout outs from time to time that show they're paying attention. Good job.

I can't claim to know much about Splitter's game. His minutes were always capped and there just isn't much responsibility when you're next to Timmy. All you have to do is be in the right place at the right time and you get a shiny ring at C. See Rasho Nesterovic.

With that said I'm looking forward to him fortifying Bud's attack because he's a ready-made system guy and they always say you can't teach 7 feet.

Kyle Korver?!? He's a bench player!!!

Demarre Carroll?!? Who the hell is that???

Mike Budenholzer??? What a boring hire!

Thabo Sefolosha?!? He's washed up and has lost his shot!

Tiago Splitter?!? What a waste of cap space!!!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1439036761.044138.jpg

You forgot "Kent Bazemore?!? He'll be exposed with increased minutes!"

• Like 1

• Moderators

You forgot "Kent Bazemore?!? He'll be exposed with increased minutes!"

Along with:

Paul Millsap?!? Horford is going to be pissed!

Dennis Schröder?!? We past up on Goodwin and GRJR for a German! The Hawks suck at the draft!

...We could fill a greatest hits and complaints album with all of the overreactions from forum GM's. lol

• Like 1