• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many Hawks have you met?

Diesel

Met Pero at Zoo Atlanta. I was there with my wife and another couple, taking the children. My buddy and i were sitting down and had just started talking about the Hawks and then started talking specifically about Pero. Literally not ten seconds into our discussion of Pero we look over and see this giant bald bearded guy walking by. We were like, "Hey, that guy looks a lot like Pero." Then we we decided to go investigate, and sure enough it was him. We stalked him for a little while and finally i cornered him in the panda house and got a picture with him, both of us giving the thumbs up sign. He was quick to get away (probably because he not only thought i was a weirdo stalker but he also seemed to not be super outgoing) but i got my pic and he was pretty decent about it.

Deke smiled and gave me a little wave walking by me in my seats at a game, but i figure that doesnt really count.

My ticket rep asked if i wanted to go do some team golf outing thing, but I'm more of a putt putt guy so i declined. Couldve done some bowling thing and the poker night whatever but neither really sounded appealing. But if you're into that sort of thing they will give you all sorts of hobknob opportunities if you get a decent season ticket package.

Edited by LamarHampton

I ran into Dikembe Mutumbo a couple times back in the day. First place I saw him was at the old Delk 10 movie theater in Marietta on Delk rd, him and a bodyguard were buying popcorn before going into a theater. Then some time later I saw him at a cell phone store off of Johnson's Ferry. I remember his big distinctive smile, it was cool to see him.

I met Jeff Teague in the summer of 2014, off of Paces Ferry rd in Vinings. It was late at night (I had just gotten back from a Braves game) and we were in a store that he probably wouldn't want me to advertise. He came into the store with three other guys, he was driving a nice Dodge Challenger. I told him "good luck next season" and he looked at me and told me thanks, my impression was that he was a little surprised he got recognized. It was cool, I was so excited afterwards.

Also forgot to mention that I ran into LaPhonso Ellis (back when he was playing with the Hawks) and Big Country Bryant Reeves on the same day, at the old T.G.I. Fridays on Powers Ferry.

First I saw Big Country, he came in with his wife. He got up to go to the bathroom, I approached his wife and said "he looks like someone who plays in the nba", she just smiled but never confessed to it. 

Later in the same day, Ellis came in with his wife and two kids. They ended up sitting at a table (not a booth) and his wife complained that it was not enough room for LaPhonso to stretch out. He spoke up and said it was fine, he wanted to defuse his wife embarrassing him. I told him that Big Country had been in earlier on and he was like "Really? No kidding."

• Moderators

Nobody met Isiah Rider in jail?

Back when I was working as a public defender, I got him bailed out.  It is the biggest regret of my legal career.  The Hawks would have been better off if he was stuck in there.

not real

• Like 4

Nobody met Isiah Rider in jail?

This would've been a good time to needle Dolfan on his prison career(sic).  Too bad he's dead now.

Also, @AHF, everybody knows that's not a real post.  No way you were ever good enough to get anybody bailed out.  Heigh-oh!

This would've been a good time to needle Dolfan on his prison career(sic). Too bad he's dead now.

Also, @AHF, everybody knows that's not a real post. No way you were ever good enough to get anybody bailed out. Heigh-oh!

I'm gonna miss you. Use this banned time to sharpen your jokes up.

I'm gonna miss you. Use this banned time to sharpen your jokes up.

After all the things's I've said (and other folks have said), no way that's ban-worthy.  Plus AHF is way too busy chasing ambulances to ban anybody at this time o' day.

At Cumberland Mall in the 80's I saw a huge shadow behind me and turned around to see Dominique.  He laughed at my facial expression as my jaw dropped.  He was really cool and signed and autograph for me.  I still can't believe he was not mobbed as he was totally alone. 

I also met Konack and his kids on Roswell Rd. Sandy Springs in the mid 90's.

Edited by Beelzebob

Someone explain this to me. What happen?

I was just joking. @kg01 enjoys running people under the bus so I was saying that he's gonna get banned but fortunately(for him) he won't.