• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW! How bad can these Braves get?

Gray Mule

It's all about that number 1 pick.... to bad we won't see that guy for the next 3-4 years.

Yeah, but the ML draft is even more hit/miss than the NBA.  At least when a generational talent emerges in bball you can pretty much bank on him.  In baseball you have to season guys for like 5-7 years (yes, I'm exaggerating) before they even feel comfortable calling them up.

Even then, for pitchers, it's all baby steps and kid gloves until they have their first Tommy John (because oh it's coming).

Good catch on the Dale Murphy thing. He slowed down late in the decade but I think you get my drift.

And as for them spending big $$$ on free agents, we have to factor in one thing. This bunch is no longer owned by the kiss-stealing, wheeling-dealing, limousine-riding, jet-flying son-of-a gun known as Ted Turner (Ric Flair reference; woooo). They are now owned by the button-up, bean-counters at Liberty Media, who as we all know, will do ANYTHING to save a buck. While they're talking tough about being big spenders, I'm having my doubts on that, especially when there are .270 slap-hitters getting eight figures a year...

• Moderators

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/how-awful-are-the-braves-listen/nnbMP/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

This year and next, the games at Turner Field will be largely a prolonged exhibition. Fans in Atlanta can watch players from the Gwinnett Braves audition to make the 2017 Smyrna Braves.