• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW! How bad can these Braves get?

Gray Mule

It wasn't just getting swept by the hated Yankees.  It was the way it happened.

Braves are supposedly a major league team.  The NY lads made them look

like a JV team, a High School JV team.

If this Braves team gets hitting, then they get no pitching.  If they get pitching,

then they can't hit.  If they finally get both going, then the defense is sure to

fall flat.

Their one all star this season, a pitcher, has gone how many games without

getting a win?  Last game he pitched, he was cruising along, doing great when

the offense suddenly erupted to put several runs on the board.  Finally, this

thing has turned around and he's going to get a win.  The next inning, he fell

to pieces and promptly gave the lead and the game to our opponent.

We traded one player to the Indians for two.  Since the trade, our players are

trying to get up to a .200 batting average and Cleveland's player is hitting

almost .500 for them.  That seems to be how our season has gone.

Braves make a big trade with the Dodgers.  Our player that became a Brave is

still in the minors.  He's rumored to be our replacement for Chipper.  Better

they bring Chipper back.  He may be old but he's not a minor leaguer.

End of rant!! - - - - - -diablo.gif

• Like 1

Another prime example.  Braves supposedly have Miami's number, usually

winning when they meet.

Braves scored 6 runs in their blow out loss to the Yankees.  The following night,

Miller pitches seven innings and gives up only one run.  Braves loose a shutout.

Great pitching but Miller still can't get a victory.  Hitting simply doesn't exist.

Miller pitched one night early and now the Braves have no idea who starts

the next two games.

• Moderators

I haven't been watching but no one in the organization expects or wants these guys to be winning right now.   All they care about is looking good in Cobb in 2017 and they think sinking the team right now is the best way to get there.   The whole thing is going to blow up on them.

• Like 2

This team is really bad, and I agree that they've quit on the season. On the bright side, we should have a top 3 pick next year.

My guess is that the FO is using Fredi G as a sacrificial lamb to get them through another bad year next year. Frankly, they aren't paying him that much, so firing him 1/2 way through 2016 really won't be a problem. For me, the sooner the better, but who knows what the master plan is with the two Johns.

• Moderators

This team is really bad, and I agree that they've quit on the season. On the bright side, we should have a top 3 pick next year.

My guess is that the FO is using Fredi G as a sacrificial lamb to get them through another bad year next year. Frankly, they aren't paying him that much, so firing him 1/2 way through 2016 really won't be a problem. For me, the sooner the better, but who knows what the master plan is with the two Johns.

I don't know how you can hand a guy a minor league team and then fire him for not winning.   Not that I want to keep Fredi.  But there again i don't know how you can so gleefully turn your back on a city and all the history and importance that came with putting major league baseball in the civil rights capital of the south for a giant, and illogical, money grab.

Oh right, I forgot.  I don't care anymore.  I have to try to remember that.  

I haven't been watching but no one in the organization expects or wants these guys to be winning right now.   All they care about is looking good in Cobb in 2017 and they think sinking the team right now is the best way to get there.   The whole thing is going to blow up on them.

They are Philadelpha 76er-ing major league baseball the next 2 years.  Just as 6ers fans should be ashamed of their organization, Barves fans should also be ashamed.  Karma will not let this end well for either franchise which is really unfortunate for all of us who've followed the Barves doing it the 'right way' for years.

Agree with @frosgrim on Fredro.  Why fire him now?  You might mess up and bring in someone who can actually lead them to wins.  If Fredro had any pride, or confidence in himself to get another job, he should quit.  Everybody knows he won't be the manager once they hit Cobb Co.  Just as Bret Brown won't be the coach when the 76ers start trying to win.

He'd better parlay this into a lifetime FO job of some sort in exchange for letting them torpedo his managerial career.

• Moderators

I feel sorry for the die hards their fave players left and the replacements are leaving too, where you can't grow to like them.

Yep.  It's basically a whole new team with no continuity.   I mean if I'm going to support a crappy team from out of town that's a day's drive away i think i'm going with the Reds.  They have a better stadium

greatamericanballpark1.jpg

Vs.

DJI00496-1024x768.jpg

I called this back in March, folks. There are minor league squads in AA who would take on this bunch without any fear at all. This is a bad, badBAD baseball team that have all intentions of finishing out its race to the bottom of the standings in style. This is the worst I've seen and I'm one of those who lived through the dark ages of the mid-late '80s watching an aging Dale Murphy carry a bunch of scrubs in a rundown Fulton County Stadium. All of this talk about them building up their farm system for 2017 doesn't do a thing for any poor soul who spends a penny at Turner Field right now.

And like a lot a you, I don't really see this ending very well. I mean, didn't they learn anything from watching the Hawks fumble high draft picks on guys who weren't ready for prime time? They didn't become a viable, watchable product to be proud of until last season. And how many decades did Royal and Pirate fans have to wait until their teams became anything? IMHO, I think that they've already hit the panic button because they didn't think that the bottom would fall out this quickly, especially at the gate where the crowds are so small that Georgia State is taking pause. Recently, I heard them talking tough about spending big $$$ in free agency after the season but do they really know what premium they'll truly have to pay in order to bring anyone in of note to play for a 95+ loss team? Besides, wasn't free agency one of the main reasons as to why they're in this mess to begin with?

While I'm hoping this ends well, I have a bad feeling about this one, boys and girls. I have a really bad feeling about this...

• Like 1

I'll be going to the Sunday game. Brother-in-law got free passes to a suite and kids get to run the bases (only reason I'm going)

Mine did that at the G-Barves game a year or so ago.  They loved it.  I have a pic of my son getting Terdoslavich or whoever's autograph.

I'm not a big balla/shot-calla like you JB so we had to go the AAA route as opposed to the AAAA route (hehe).

• Premium Member

Actually Dale in the mid 80's was in his peak...but I agree with the rest of the post. This team was set up to be horrible and it is. I just can't believe our idiotic trade to get that "thirty" year old Cuban by giving up Alex Wood, our closer and our best prospect. Just unreal how bad that was for us.

This team thinks it can magically be a good team again in 2017 but I don't believe it.

Actually Dale in the mid 80's was in his peak...but I agree with the rest of the post. This team was set up to be horrible and it is. I just can't believe our idiotic trade to get that "thirty" year old Cuban by giving up Alex Wood, our closer and our best prospect. Just unreal how bad that was for us.

This team thinks it can magically be a good team again in 2017 but I don't believe it.

That is unless they are willing to break the bank and pursue free agents.

Building up their farm system?  Great!  Should never let it get this bad.

Traded too many good prospects for that one great player who was

going to make the big difference and then he didn't work out.

They did this, over and over, until the bucket was empty.  No more

good minor league prospects.

Right now, the Atlanta Braves aren't a very good AAA team.  They would

not be considered championship material at that level.  Maybe not even

at the AA level.

This takes time for the minor league players to mature into real major league

players.  They sure have a lot of growing to do.  The problem is, they may

listen to us fans who pee and moan about all this and panic and try to correct

the thing too quickly thru free agency and be right back where they were.

I, like the rest of you, hate all these blow out losses.  Things are getting worse,

not better.  Just as winning builds confidence, as we observed the Hawks last

season as they won every game in a month, losing, over and over, has just as

great affect but in the opposite direction.

The hole just keeps getting deeper and the Braves continue to dig.  They have

apparently forgot how to relax and have fun.  Sure, it's just a game but for some

it's what they do for a living wage and right now they are too tight.

Braves.  Get over it and go out and win one!

• Moderators

It stinks as a fan watching bad baseball like this.  I don't buy into the "bad karma" thing, though.  Seems to be working pretty well this year for the Astros and the past few years for Washington, Pittsburgh, etc.  There isn't just one way up the mountain but the Braves need to be smart about what they are doing.  Crashing and burning without a plan to get back isn't going to work -- you need to get talent to groom and plan your recovery.

NOW, THAT'S BETTER!

Braves still lost in extra innings but they looked like a major league team against the Nats.

This loss goes to the manager.  When a bunt was called for, instead he refused to ask

his best hitter to lay one down.  Really, if he's incapable of doing this, send a pinch hitter

up there to do the job.  Some of the starting pitchers who were not in the game should

be capable of executing a sacrifice bunt.

We have a team that is "Small ball" capable and a manager whose mind set is still the

three run homer. 

Oh, well.  Finally, the Braves are getting closer to that next victory.

GO BRAVES!