• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ref-erendum on Bud from NBRA

AHF

• Premium Member

What a joke. They really want to try and spin it to make it seem like Bud was out to hurt someone. Such a dangerous job they have--being next to all of these coaches. Maybe if they learned how to be consistent and fair with their calls there wouldn't be a need to be kept "safe".

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you thought we weren't getting calls before, we certainly won't now, it'll be worse.

I was hoping it made the NBA take notice that we weren't getting calls and start callin them

Oftentimes when the complexities of life begin to unfold, we can turn to the simple lessons of our youth to guide us through murky times.  With that in mind, congregation, let us conjure up the wise sage of yesteryore, the great Mr. Rogers, for a salient message for the NBRA ....

uKVIeyh

{a little razzmatazz on top of it to, huh?}

That said, @JayBirdHawk's right.  W.R.T. getting any calls from this point forward you can fuggeddaboudit.  Also, some of us had complained that Budz never gets T's due to his mild-mannered demeanor.  Oh, that's 'bout to change too.  Raise an eyebrow? .... ohhhh, that's a T.  Sneeze too loud? ... that's a T all day.  Gaze in the general direction of an official? .... you better believe that's a T.

Budz is finna be the Oprah audience of T-gettin'.  You get a T!   You get a T!  Did you get your T today?  You better come down here-an get your T, boy!

SMDH, when it rains, it pours acid on Hawks fans.

At least Pop still has Budz' bak ...

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-notebook-For-Spurs-Aldridge-injury-6653120.php?t=87f3d5091220a2afca&cmpid=twitter-premium

Popovich responded to those statements by saying, “I think it’s just a case of an anonymous suit trying to gain 15 minutes of stardom more than anything. It’s comical … A lot of people trying to get famous on Twitter. And I guess this particular suit is one of them.”

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Oftentimes when the complexities of life begin to unfold, we can turn to the simple lessons of our youth to guide us through murky times.  With that in mind, congregation, let us conjure up the wise sage of yesteryore, the great Mr. Rogers, for a salient message for the NBRA ....

uKVIeyh

{a little razzmatazz on top of it to, huh?}

That said, @JayBirdHawk's right.  W.R.T. getting any calls from this point forward you can fuggeddaboudit.  Also, some of us had complained that Budz never gets T's due to his mild-mannered demeanor.  Oh, that's 'bout to change too.  Raise an eyebrow? .... ohhhh, that's a T.  Sneeze too loud? ... that's a T all day.  Gaze in the general direction of an official? .... you better believe that's a T.

Budz is finna be the Oprah audience of T-gettin'.  You get a T!   You get a T!  Did you get your T today?  You better come down here-an get your T, boy!

SMDH, when it rains, it pours acid on Hawks fans.

At least Pop still has Budz' bak ...

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-notebook-For-Spurs-Aldridge-injury-6653120.php?t=87f3d5091220a2afca&cmpid=twitter-premium

Man.  Pop is the king.   I still think Bud isn't hard enough on the refs.   Even after this game he was backing off of them and look what they did do him anyway.   "made an example" out of probably the most mild mannered coach in the league.   Meanwhile Doc can cry like a baby and prance around every single game showing up the officials.

I wish Bud had said, "Well i'm sorry i bumped him but when i see one of my guys thrown to the floor by his face in plain view, no other players around, and 3 officials on the floor I get angry.   Sure they miss calls but missing a call like that is either really poor officiating from the whole crew or something much much worse is going on in the nba.   Either way we got screwed by the same crew that let the same teams point guard endanger the safety of our players in the eastern conference finals"

I mean if you're going to get fined then go all in.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man.  Pop is the king.   I still think Bud isn't hard enough on the refs.   Even after this game he was backing off of them and look what they did do him anyway.   "made an example" out of probably the most mild mannered coach in the league.   Meanwhile Doc can cry like a baby and prance around every single game showing up the officials.

I wish Bud had said, "Well i'm sorry i bumped him but when i see one of my guys thrown to the floor by his face in plain view, no other players around, and 3 officials on the floor I get angry.   Sure they miss calls but missing a call like that is either really poor officiating from the whole crew or something much much worse is going on in the nba.   Either way we got screwed by the same crew that let the same teams point guard endanger the safety of our players in the eastern conference finals"

Agreed. 

Bud has been around the NBA for a long time but I think we sometimes forget this is only his 3rd year as a head coach.  That's tough enough, coaching in Atlanta makes it tougher.

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My thing is, what do the other coaches have to say about this.  Budz is as mild-mannered as they come and the refs treat him like this?  They should be supporting him in full force.

Like you said, we get to witness Glen Rivers have conniption fit after conniption fit over legit calls against his team(sic).  Our guy gets upset over an obvious missed call and he gets the "uh, uh, uh, he shoulda got suspended" crap!?

Bullshit

{drops the mike -er- mouse}

• Moderators

Was the NBRA around in 2012 when this happened... in Cleveland?

http://host.madison.com/sports/basketball/professional/skiles-intentional-ejection-ignites-bucks-to-overtime-win-at-cleveland/article_82eb7f28-5467-11e1-9ce0-0019bb2963f4.html

He had been waiting for the right moment to motivate his team, and when the officials didn't call a foul when Gooden was hit on a drive, {Bucks coach Scott} Skiles went to work.

The volatile coach stormed onto the floor, complaining to referee John Goble and punching the air with his fist before he was ejected with 2:46 left in the period and the Bucks down seven.

"Usually when Scott gets a tech, he might get another one," {Brandon} Jennings said. "Sometimes that fires a team up, it gets guys really wanting to win."

Skiles wasn't remotely as gracious, either. Yet I see no reports that he was either suspended OR fined for storming the floor mid-game.

So was the Refs Union just asleep at the wheel at the time? Because Bud's no-suspension fine doesn't look like the "sharp departure from past practice" they claim it is.

~lw3

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rick Carlisle jumping into the fray blasting the Officials too.....

This morning, Rick Carlisle (in his role as president of the NBA Coaches Association) responded strongly.

Embedded image permalink

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/11/24/9791598/rick-carlisle-blasts-nbas-referees-association-after-they-called-for

This guy is getting called out like he should.  Good.  Glad to see other coaches have Bud's back for a ridiculous statement.

• Like 3