• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Draft prospects

Alex

Realistic options only please.  Guessing the Hawks will pick somewhere between the mid-late teens and mid twenties.  Yeah a wide range, but hey.

Kris Dunn PG from Providence might be the best point guard in the country.  Latest mock I saw had him at 18th or so.  

And our course my homer pick this year is Denzel Valentine.  Mister do everything for the Spartans.  Extremely high basketball smarts with amazing court vision and awareness.  Has shown the ability to run the offense as a point albeit in small doses, but he's been doing this more already this season.  He's very comparable to Draymond Green in his skill set.  Obviously he's quicker, more athletic,  and doesn't share Green's defensive and rebound prowess.  Areas he needs to work on are his shooting consistency especially from deep.  He can be a streaky shooter and when he's on he's electric.  This season I want to see him ease up a bit with trying to force certain passes.  He thinks he can make any pass and in most cases he can, but there are times in a game when things are going well he'll just try and make some ridiculous pass and it results in a turnover.   If anyone doesn't know about him, I suggest you see his triple-double against Kansas last week.  

• Like 1

I ain't gonna lie, I was going to jokingly throw Valentine's name out there just to mess with you.  However, he'd be really good here.  Versatile.  A capable shooter and solid on D.  Plus he has an 'it-factor we need.  Shows up biggest in big games or at least it looks that way from the outside looking in.

Lastly, as a GT-fan I implore you to take Brian Gregory bak.  Please?

• 2 weeks later...

Melo Trimble is legit man.  

Denzel Valentine might be the best player in college basketball not named Ben Simmons.  DV is playing at a high level so far.  Playing huge in the big moments too.  Stock is gonna keep rising.

• Premium Member
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎28‎:‎23‎, kg01 said:

I ain't gonna lie, I was going to jokingly throw Valentine's name out there just to mess with you.  However, he'd be really good here.  Versatile.  A capable shooter and solid on D.  Plus he has an 'it-factor we need.  Shows up biggest in big games or at least it looks that way from the outside looking in.

Lastly, as a GT-fan I implore you to take Brian Gregory bak.  Please?

Amen to that. The guy can't recruit period. At least Cremins and Hewitt got top tier talent to come to GT. As far as the draft, I just hope whoever they pick in the 1st round has enough talent to stay with the team longer than one season at this point. My expectations are extremely low. No more wasting 1st round picks.

• 2 weeks later...

I like six players in the late 1st:

Zhou Qi- Needs development but could be a better Ryan Anderson in our system. 

Danuel House-  Heady, efficient toolsy player.  He improved on all of his issues as a JR and looks like a player who could still be developed into a legit starter. More of a 2 but can play the 3 like Thabo. I think he has potential to be a good NBA player with development in our system. Like every guy on my list, he's a high BBIQ player who can play well off the of ball.  He really improved since joining Texas A&M. 

Denzel Valentine- Brandon Roy but he's going to be a lottery pick. 

Taurean Prince- More SF polished DMC out of college. He's my #1 guy on the board in the late 1st.  

Issac Copeland- Reminds me of Jimmy Butler. Just taller. His BBIQ is much more there than Butler as is his off the ball skills but he's the not the handler or scoring aggressive player that Butler is. Copeland plays within the system at G'Town.  His potential is very high but he does have some growing pains ahead and he's not NBA ready yet. 

http://www.casualhoya.com/2015/10/1/9431681/isaac-copeland-georgetown-hoyas-film-room

Grayson Allen- I don't think he's gonna to make it to the end of the 1st but it's possible. I think he can be a two way freak in our system at SG. Now, we have talent at SG like Bazemore but this kid might have it all. He can shoot at a crazy rate. His motor is up there. He can attack iso's and he's an elite college catch and shoot player. He's a tad raw and will take some growing but his potential is high.  Depending on THJr growth, we might need to considering moving up for him. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For what it is worth, I hope we don't have a first round pick after the deadline.

I'm hoping new ownership realizes that the last thing this team needs is another late first rounder that won't get minutes.  Use that pick to improve the roster for the playoff run.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think Grayson is coming out but I could be wrong. I read somewhere that he really wants to be apart of next years team and have another crack at a championship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tyler Ulis.  I believe we have 2 second round picks, and he should be one of them.  He's a serious baller, leader, handles, great passes, active defender, good shot.  He is one of those players that will transcend their size limitations (Spud part II?).  He would be a great PG off the bench, backing up Dennis after Jeff is traded away.  

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Tyler Ulis.  I believe we have 2 second round picks, and he should be one of them.  He's a serious baller, leader, handles, great passes, active defender, good shot.  He is one of those players that will transcend their size limitations (Spud part II?).  He would be a great PG off the bench, backing up Dennis after Jeff is traded away.  

He has a fantastic feel for the game.  If he had been given the reigns last year, UK wins the championship.  So much better BBIQ than the twins.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2016 at 11:53 AM, gopack10 said:

For what it is worth, I hope we don't have a first round pick after the deadline.

I'm hoping new ownership realizes that the last thing this team needs is another late first rounder that won't get minutes.  Use that pick to improve the roster for the playoff run.

Say that again, we need to be looking to flip this pick either now or in June. 

AJ Hammons yes please.  Very skilled big man who can step out to about 17 feet and drain one.  Elite rim protector as well.  

On 2/13/2016 at 1:39 PM, AHF said:

He has a fantastic feel for the game.  If he had been given the reigns last year, UK wins the championship.  So much better BBIQ than the twins.

Not to knock on the twins, but man is it so much more fun watching Ulis than Andrew running things. Their benefit was their size, but they were way too hot and cold (usually cold).  Announcers during the game against the Gamecocks were saying after Cal got ejected, the assistant coaches were the defensive coordinators and Ulis was the offensive coordinator.  

I don't know that he'll ever be a starter, but I think he could do enough to warrant 15-20 minutes off the bench without skipping a beat.  If Nate Robinson could make a career, Ulis can.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 2:09 PM, Alex said:

Realistic options only please.  Guessing the Hawks will pick somewhere between the mid-late teens and mid twenties.  Yeah a wide range, but hey.

Kris Dunn PG from Providence might be the best point guard in the country.  Latest mock I saw had him at 18th or so.  

And our course my homer pick this year is Denzel Valentine.  Mister do everything for the Spartans.  Extremely high basketball smarts with amazing court vision and awareness.  Has shown the ability to run the offense as a point albeit in small doses, but he's been doing this more already this season.  He's very comparable to Draymond Green in his skill set.  Obviously he's quicker, more athletic,  and doesn't share Green's defensive and rebound prowess.  Areas he needs to work on are his shooting consistency especially from deep.  He can be a streaky shooter and when he's on he's electric.  This season I want to see him ease up a bit with trying to force certain passes.  He thinks he can make any pass and in most cases he can, but there are times in a game when things are going well he'll just try and make some ridiculous pass and it results in a turnover.   If anyone doesn't know about him, I suggest you see his triple-double against Kansas last week.  

I love Denzel Valentine and Buddy Hield. I'd trade Teague to move up in the draft in order to take Hield without blinking. I've been burned with falling in love with Michigan State seniors in the past ( Payne). However, that won't stop from liking Valentine.  He is gamer. I'd be thrilled with either of these guys.

I'd love to trade up in the early 2nd round to get Wayne Selden.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coachx said:

I love Denzel Valentine and Buddy Hield. I'd trade Teague to move up in the draft in order to take Hield without blinking. I've been burned with falling in love with Michigan State seniors in the past ( Payne). However, that won't stop from liking Valentine.  He is gamer. I'd be thrilled with either of these guys.

Buddy Hield and Oklahoma cost me $100 in Vegas last week by losing to Kansas ...but he does look really legit and a lights out shooter. 

1 hour ago, coachx said:

Just say 'no' to any Kansas players.

I think IU's Troy Williams is a sleeper.  Gonna be really good.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Just say 'no' to any Kansas players.

I think IU's Troy Williams is a sleeper.  Gonna be really good.

Is he the dude that sunk 6 threes on Oklahoma last week?