• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud as GM - I'm not impressed

gsuteke

so far his big move was getting Splitter in a salary dump.   He traded our first rounder for Hardaway who doesn't see the floor.  

Im not feeling this team this year.  They don't look like they are going to make any noise at all in the playoffs.  What gives?

• Like 4

Whoever the GM is, he need to tighten up.  I won't jump ship if they decide to stand pat at the deadline.  But if they max Al it would signal carelessness to contend, and I ain't with that, folk.  Next thing we know, Edy is traded and helps someone out with eye-popping efficiency numbers like Bebe and Zaza.

• Like 1

Probably the worst off season moves in the entire league.  Maybe Brooklyn has a worse front office though.  Philly is close as well.

• Premium Member

As great as the 60 win, East Finals season looks in the record book, it seems this team is alot like the 90s era Hawks.  They're a good team, but don't have the talent to be a great team that can win titles.  As @benhillboy says, if they max Horf, you have to question how Bud views this team.  I'd like to know what the plan is for this team.  Are the really out to win titles?  Or are they just content with being "a good team"?

• Premium Member

While I agree there's reason for trepidation about the front office side of things, it actually gives me some confidence that the coach has shown he isn't so head strong to defend the move he made while wearing the big  boss hat that he would put that player on the floor in spite of his reservations about how that player fits. It's reassuring to me that he's not making decisions based on public perceptions of what is best.

And it's just too soon. It really is. November and December results are only important in November and December.

What will matter is what happens in February and March, and then much more so, in April and May... and let's continue to hope, June.

I'm convinced that November and December games are player development time in a league where, as long as you finish in the top 4, you've got a legit shot at the Finals.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

While I agree there's reason for trepidation about the front office side of things, it actually gives me some confidence that the coach has shown he isn't so head strong to defend the move he made while wearing the big  boss hat that he would put that player on the floor in spite of his reservations about how that player fits. It's reassuring to me that he's not making decisions based on public perceptions of what is best.

And it's just too soon. It really is. November and December results are only important in November and December.

What will matter is what happens in February and March, and then much more so, in April and May... and let's continue to hope, June.

I'm convinced that November and December games are player development time in a league where, as long as you finish in the top 4, you've got a legit shot at the Finals.

Heck yeah.    Bud gets a pass until he has some time under the new owners to prove his worth in his position along with Wilcox.   Last deadline i think the only thing he was approved to do was sign Ray Allen which was why they traded Payne.      I wouldn't be surprised if he was forbidden from trading any of the main rotation guys as part of the pending sale.     Offseason could have been better but i think we had few options.     I'm in agreement though that we have to upgrade at the deadline this year if we want to contend this year.     Our bench is weak.  

On 12/4/2015, 6:12:03, gsuteke said:

so far his big move was getting Splitter in a salary dump.   He traded our first rounder for Hardaway who doesn't see the floor.  

Im not feeling this team this year.  They don't look like they are going to make any noise at all in the playoffs.  What gives?

It's too early to tell. I don't really expect Splitter to be valuable during the regular season, more like the playoffs when the game slows down and you got to face bigs like Mozgov, Pau and Whiteside. 

You really can't judge Bud until like 2 years from now, give him time to make his mark as GM. 

20 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

It's too early to tell. I don't really expect Splitter to be valuable during the regular season, more like the playoffs when the game slows down and you got to face bigs like Mozgov, Pau and Whiteside. 

You really can't judge Bud until like 2 years from now, give him time to make his mark as GM. 

True, I know Bud has a plan that can't be magically worked quickly with the resources he's afforded.  I would appreciate some clear-cut upgrading this summer, though.  Like getting two impact players for the price of Al.

The decision to let DeMarre walk is looking like an early win, though.  Injuries piling up for The Dog.  Numbers looking real bad, none more telling than his FT % dropping down .65 points.

And I would hope Splitter isn't on the floor with Whiteside, he'd get eaten.

On 12/8/2015, 2:55:22, benhillboy said:

True, I know Bud has a plan that can't be magically worked quickly with the resources he's afforded.  I would appreciate some clear-cut upgrading this summer, though.  Like getting two impact players for the price of Al.

The decision to let DeMarre walk is looking like an early win, though.  Injuries piling up for The Dog.  Numbers looking real bad, none more telling than his FT % dropping down .65 points.

Same here. The core Teague/Korver/Thabo/Millsap/Al isn't getting any younger.  Next summer - Teague, Dennis (RFA, Millsap (ETO), Korver, Thabo could all be in FAs which makes this year very important.

As for replacing Al, not too many players in this upcoming FA with his skillset. Maybe they could sign Motiejunas, start Splitter (to be a big body in the starting lineup) and Motiejunas gets more minutes with the starters to give Bud a starting five with a legit 3 point shot. 

True. I'd love for ATL to get somebody like Harrison Barnes but his price tag may be too high. 

You think so about Splitter vs. Whiteside? Splitter got size.

On December 8, 2015 at 1:55:22 PM, benhillboy said:

Does he eat Brazillian food?