• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Back to being irrelevant

Alex

Fun while it lasted, but the Hawks have fallen back into reality.  Nobody cares about this team again.  Once again they are completely irrelevant in the league again.  It only took one off season of Bud and company in the front office to screw it all up.  Kudos to them.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, High5 said:

Back to a few posters being a lot more active. At least until we win a few games and they go back into hiding waiting for the next tough loss.

It doesn't matter if they go on a 10 game winning streak (which s NOT going to happen)... They've done peaked, and the league has figured Bud out.

Honestly, the Spurs could have sat their starters last night and still got a win. Pop OWNS Bud and Bud knows it. That's why he is starting to act like a bitch.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bud is a good coach and I believe what he runs can work.  But it's not going to with this current group of players.  Outside of Korver, you're trying to play "pace and space" with guards who can't shoot.  You play the majority of your games with undersized bigs and get outrebounded consistently as a result.  And as always, they have no one who can get their own shot consistently when the play breaks down.  Just like the former core, we already know this one went as far as it could go last year.  The former core didn't get broken up until Ferry came in.  How long will it be before they realize they have to break this one up also?

• Like 2

You want Atlanta to tank?

Prime example of how this works is the 76ers.  Do you really wish the Hawks to be like this?

Last 2 games have shown the Hawks falling on their face.  This happens to the very best of teams.

Golden State just lost their first one.  Hawks will be better.  They must.  This can't continue.  Atlanta

teams keep falling down and can't get up.  A fine example happened to the Falcons in Charlotte today.

The Braves are looking for 2017, not 2016 and the Dream don't even play until next summer.  We have

nothing left but the Hawks.

Please Hawks, wake up.  We need you!

:air_kiss:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Bud is a good coach and I believe what he runs can work.  But it's not going to with this current group of players.  Outside of Korver, you're trying to play "pace and space" with guards who can't shoot.  You play the majority of your games with undersized bigs and get outrebounded consistently as a result.  And as always, they have no one who can get their own shot consistently when the play breaks down.  Just like the former core, we already know this one went as far as it could go last year.  The former core didn't get broken up until Ferry came in.  How long will it be before they realize they have to break this one up also?

right on the money

the hawks don't have the personal the spurs have

- 2 40% percent shooters in thier starting lineup and Tim Duncan

Edited by aali34

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

You want Atlanta to tank?

Prime example of how this works is the 76ers.  Do you really wish the Hawks to be like this?

Last 2 games have shown the Hawks falling on their face.  This happens to the very best of teams.

Golden State just lost their first one.  Hawks will be better.  They must.  This can't continue.  Atlanta

teams keep falling down and can't get up.  A fine example happened to the Falcons in Charlotte today.

The Braves are looking for 2017, not 2016 and the Dream don't even play until next summer.  We have

nothing left but the Hawks.

Please Hawks, wake up.  We need you!

:air_kiss:

Or they could do it right and end up like the Minnosata Timberwolves

11 hours ago, aali34 said:

Or they could do it right and end up like the Minnosata Timberwolves

You mean how they got it right with Kevin Love(#3)  Ricky Rubio (#5) Jonny Flynn (#6) Wesley Johnson (#4) Derrick Williams (#2)???  Starting 8 years ago (could be longer) still No playoff appearances.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You mean how they got it right with Kevin Love(#3)  Ricky Rubio (#5) Jonny Flynn (#6) Wesley Johnson (#4) Derrick Williams (#2)???  Starting 8 years ago (could be longer) still No playoff appearances.

come on.   The twolves are on their way.   They are 9-14 and only 5 wins away from last year's win total.   I'm sure they'll pass that by the all star break.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

no i mean Wiggins,Towns,and Lavine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You think the Hawks suck so how's that an accomplishment?  and why is it better than the ECF?

Got eeeeeemmmmm!  Can't defend himself without saying the Hawks are great.  Next time Dolfan gets arrested, I'm nominating macdaddy as his attorney.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do you know they got it right? What have they done?

i don't think they are gonna be anything big now, but in 2-4 years they could be a really good team in the nba with  core that could stick together for years.

Wiggins - two way athletic freak

Towns - two way athletic freak

Lavine- Athletic freak ( haven't watched him enough to make a generalization)

I dont know, i just like them more than philly 

plus they got this talent in only two years