• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You do realize the we are not currently a playoff team.

Wurider05

The east got stronger and we didn't. A losing record will not get you into the playoffs this year. Bud and co. are too cool for school and too arrogant. We have been figured out and something needs to change.  They are so arrogant that they can't even see the Korver is done as a starter.  We are using him as a scorer instead of a shooter. I say let's start Teague-Bazemore-Stef-Sap-Horf. We can win ugly with the lineup but we can win. We need to give Sap the greenlight. We are not making trades and are pissing away draft picks. I like Bud, but  that Spurs system looks damn good with Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Ginobili and and now Aldridge running it.  Sap, Bazemore, and Dennis are the only guys that are keepers in my opinion. Sap is the best power forward in the east. 

• Like 4

We're also 3 games out of 1st place so it's more 'tweak' time than panic time.

Agree the 'too cool for school' crap needs to stop and I mean stop now.  Time to make some guys uncomfortable.  Namely Al/Teague/Korver.  They don't fear the bench so why play hard?  If Kyle's still hurt, sit him.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

its more 'tweak' time than panic time.

Not when you are on a 35 win pace over a full season (this is by calculating the pace now and ignoring the start and adding it onto the start). That'd put you out of the playoffs even in a mediocre Eastern Conference.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not when you are on a 35 win pace over a full season (this is by calculating the pace now and ignoring the start and adding it onto the start). That'd put you out of the playoffs even in a mediocre Eastern Conference.

What does this even mean in a league where one trade/injury or any number of other factors can elevate or torpedo a team's season?  Geez, Samantha Hinkie over here.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

We're also 3 games out of 1st place so it's more 'tweak' time than panic time.

Agree the 'too cool for school' crap needs to stop and I mean stop now.  Time to make some guys uncomfortable.  Namely Al/Teague/Korver.  They don't fear the bench so why play hard?  If Kyle's still hurt, sit him.

True. I see Bud has no problem going off on Teague but love to see him hold Al and Korver accountable.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Yall need to chill. In the words of Aaron the idiot Rodgers...R-E-L-A-X (he beat my team on a bs last second Hail Mary...ill be bitter for 3-5 years)...

Why? Do you think we are going to go on a run like last year? Cuz if not I don't see why we shouldn't be of concern.

1 minute ago, HorfordFTW said:

Why? Do you think we are going to go on a run like last year? Cuz if not I don't see why we shouldn't be of concern.

I don't think we pull off an undefeated month or anything, but we have a veteran group that will respond. We are only 3 games out of 1st place. I still think we end up as the 2nd or 3rd best in east. I just think we will start winning games when it counts most after the new year.

2 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

The east got stronger and we didn't. A losing record will not get you into the playoffs this year. Bud and co. are too cool for school and too arrogant. We have been figured out and something needs to change.  They are so arrogant that they can't even see the Korver is done as a starter.  We are using him as a scorer instead of a shooter. I say let's start Teague-Bazemore-Stef-Sap-Horf. We can win ugly with the lineup but we can win. We need to give Sap the greenlight. We are not making trades and are pissing away draft picks. I like Bud, but  that Spurs system looks damn good with Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Ginobili and and now Aldridge running it.  Sap, Bazemore, and Dennis are the only guys that are keepers in my opinion. Sap is the best power forward in the east. 

I do like that lineup idea.  Korver needs to be a 20 min. a night guy at this point until he proves he is back to last seasons form (if he does ever get to that point).

Give Edy 5-10 minutes of Al's until he proves he has that hunger or maybe Edy will surprise us and keep those minutes.  Dude is in a contract year, he shouldn't be coasting like this.

As for Teague, I think he's just in a mini slump and will break out of it.  Unfortunately Dennis hasn't done much to warrant more minutes so we're kind of in a tough spot here.

• Premium Member

What happened to those guaranteed 60 win season predictions?  Some of us predicted in the 40s were hammered lol.  I saw in the playoffs we needed changes in the offseason.  We traded a first round pick for a guy in the d-league lmbo.  

44 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I do like that lineup idea.  Korver needs to be a 20 min. a night guy at this point until he proves he is back to last seasons form (if he does ever get to that point).

Give Edy 5-10 minutes of Al's until he proves he has that hunger or maybe Edy will surprise us and keep those minutes.  Dude is in a contract year, he shouldn't be coasting like this.

As for Teague, I think he's just in a mini slump and will break out of it.  Unfortunately Dennis hasn't done much to warrant more minutes so we're kind of in a tough spot here.

Horford knows he'll get paid big after this season, pretty much doesn't matter a lot how he plays.  So he's simply trying not to get hurt.  We must trade him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mtnbayou said:

Horford knows he'll get paid big after this season, pretty much doesn't matter a lot how he plays.  So he's simply trying not to get hurt.  We must trade him.

This is absolutely true and it's the single worst thing possible for Hawk fans.   The bad season will be blamed on, "oh well the Hawks weren't gonna win 60 again , blah, blah, blah ... but Horford is a 2-time all-star" or w/e.  It won't damage his rep AT ALL and he knows it.

If he leaves this offseason he's Danny Manning status IMEO.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is absolutely true and it's the single worst thing possible for Hawk fans.   The bad season will be blamed on, "oh well the Hawks weren't gonna win 60 again , blah, blah, blah ... but Horford is a 2-time all-star" or w/e.  It won't damage his rep AT ALL and he knows it.

If he leaves this offseason he's Danny Manning status IMEO.

I knew this Horford thing was coming...  I brought it up a couple of years ago and I was stoned and tossed out of the village. lol  Of course that was before last year's amazing run, but here we are in this funk...and  I'm honestly just confused.  I have no idea how I feel about the team right now...and it doesn't help that I'm missing a ton of games this year with this new work schedule.

I think I'm just gonna sit on the fence until it's clear to me which direction our season is headed.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, HorfordFTW said:

I wish I could change my username cuz its definitely a lie now..

I wouldn't sweat it.   He'll always be the guy who put us in the ECF, who punk'd paul pierce, who frankly was the guy who arrived and put us in the playoffs.   So yeah i'll be disappointed if he doesn't start playing better but i'll never forget what he did for the franchise.    I mean Josh Smith doesn't look like a borderline all-star if he's not playing next to Horford.   I'm cautiously optimistic he'll return to form.   He's always been a team guy and when the team is misfiring he doesn't look so good.  

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Can't believe I'm saying but we need to bench Al for a game or two to get his ass back in line. He's barely averaging 7 boards a game. That is completely unacceptable.

Maybe we can trade him for Rondo after his current scandal.  Rondo averages 6.9 rpg to Horford's 7.2 rpg but he hits the defensive boards harder with 5.5 drpg to Horford's 5.1 drpg so at least we'd have a defensive rebounding upgrade.